New Zelda Wii Scheduled For Late 2010....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My inner child is throwing a tantrum. Why is a Zelda hater starting a thread about Zelda? WTF.

And you can already see the direction this thread is starting towards. Good job, Bamboota.

NO WAY!!! I'm no Zelda hater!!! I freaking love those games (DS Games are meh tho).
I just can't stand the Wii! I just wish for the day that they make a Zelda game that looks epic as well as having an amazing story, and awesome puzzles . Twilight Princess' story is ok...but I dunno...I didn't get the same feeling I got when I played Ocarina of Time. And it's not just about the graphics...Cuz I loved the look of Wind Waker.

I dunno...I think that the Wii just relies on family fun, and leaves the hardcore gamer behind.

Great to hear (just ignores Bamboota's bad mojo)... still playing the newest DS game which is a lot of fun :rock

Yes, I look forward to any and all Zelda games :rock (Except for Phantom Hourglass, I did not like that one).

BAH!! U guys are all just a bunch of Wiitods!!

I hate the fact that the Wii is still selling off the shelves and all their games are mediocre and look like crap....including Twilight Princess!!

I'll stick to my hi-end graphic and complex story lines....thank you very much. *raises nose up*

Credibility Shot!

If this article is accurate I doubt Nintendo feels they need to rush anything to increase sales. Wii sells 3M in the month of December

no no you misunderstood. i mean they might as well bump it to next year, leave more purchasing power for the big titles they have out next year. ie, they're obviously going to push zelda back. nintendo doesn't need a bunch of huge titles in one year.

Credibility Shot!

I concur. Only those who are ignorant of what's available out there would say that all Wii games are crap or have bad graphics.

What would they know if all they played were the mainstream games that have multi-million dollar advertising and production budgets?

I concur. Only those who are ignorant of what's available out there would say that all Wii games are crap or have bad graphics.

They don't have bad graphics. They have below average graphics to be honest. If you can't see that then well sorry. However, what they lack in graphics they more than make up for in gameplay. Anyone that has made it through Metroid, Zelda, or Mario can tell you that these games are made with the hardcore gamer in mind. These are tough lengthy challenging games. Hell I got through the latest call of duty game in under 10 hours. Is that hardcore?

Badmoon has a good point. Over the holidays, I played New Super Mario Wii for days and days and still have a ways to go. A couple weeks ago, I breezed through Call of Duty 4 over a few nights, and that was that. Same with the Arkham Asylum game. Nintendo understood how to give a game longevity, and how to make a game tough, going back to its earliest days.

I'll always choose gameplay over graphics, and Nintendo understands that lots of fans feel the same way, but the Wii does seem to lack depth compared with PS3, 360, or even their own DS. The Wii games that are good, however, are among the best in the industry.

307ugld.jpg

Credibility Shot!

Just when I thought I was one of the guys. :(

Oh well....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XYRpX0OVnPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XYRpX0OVnPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just when I thought I was one of the guys. :(

Oh well....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XYRpX0OVnPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XYRpX0OVnPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well done :lol :lol :lol

Badmoon has a good point. Over the holidays, I played New Super Mario Wii for days and days and still have a ways to go. A couple weeks ago, I breezed through Call of Duty 4 over a few nights, and that was that. Same with the Arkham Asylum game. Nintendo understood how to give a game longevity, and how to make a game tough, going back to its earliest days.

I'll always choose gameplay over graphics, and Nintendo understands that lots of fans feel the same way, but the Wii does seem to lack depth compared with PS3, 360, or even their own DS. The Wii games that are good, however, are among the best in the industry.

X2

Yea but the New Super Mario Brothers sucks. Nintendo understood (past tense) how to give a game longevity, but the multiplayer on COD4 should keep one occupied for over a year. Now that's longevity.

I'll always choose graphics and gameplay over games made from kids and grandparents. They can keep all their crappy crap. Just give Mario, Zelda, and Metroid Nintendo...in fact Nintendo should go third party so I don't have to keep buying their systems for like 3 games every gen.

Yea but the New Super Mario Brothers sucks. Nintendo understood (past tense) how to give a game longevity, but the multiplayer on COD4 should keep one occupied for over a year. Now that's longevity.

:google:google:google

The multiplayer coin battles on NSMB are seriously fun, way more fun than COD4 or MW2, imo.

Games like NSMB, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Mario Kart, etc, those games are brought out every time I have friends over. I only play COD when I'm up late by myself. I'd wager I'll still be playing those games long after I've sold the current version of COD.

Different games for different gamers. But saying there is not longevity to a game with such a fantastic multiplayer mode is just... :monkey4

New details/rumors reveal that Zelda Wii 2 may be a pseudo sequel to Majora's Mask?

From QJ.net:

•The game will be very different from the traditional overworld/dungeon/overworld Zelda style.
•Link will be left- or righthanded depending on whatever option you select as a player.
•Mechanics and gameplay are done in terms of development, and dungeons, story, and characters are still being fleshed out. Part of the story will involve an innkeeper in Link's hometown and her young son.
•The girl in the teaser picture above may be named Adelle, Adella, or Aderu, though that picture was a placeholder, not her real face. She won't be with you throughout the game, but she will communicate with Link through his sword.
•The sword itself is not the Master Sword, but it will develop and release unlockable abilities as the game goes on.
•There will be horseback combat, and your horse (possibly Epona, though that may just be a nickname for the horse in the translation) will be much better at avoiding obstacles.
•And finally, the Link in this game may be the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time, the game itself may contain time travel, and the overworld may include more than just Hyrule, and/or may not be Hyrule at all. That means that the Wii Zelda may in fact be a direct or indirect sequel of Majora's Mask, a fact sure to raise the ire of some (and the hopes of others).

https://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/rumor-zelda-wii-is-majoras-mask-sequel.html

Back