New Zelda Wii Scheduled For Late 2010....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, as long as I don't have to go back in time every 3 days of in-game time.

Majora's Mask was probably the most unique of the 3D Zeldas. It's actually the only one I've never finished. I might need to go back to it. Someday.

New details/rumors reveal that Zelda Wii 2 may be a pseudo sequel to Majora's Mask?

From QJ.net:

•The game will be very different from the traditional overworld/dungeon/overworld Zelda style.
•Link will be left- or righthanded depending on whatever option you select as a player.
•Mechanics and gameplay are done in terms of development, and dungeons, story, and characters are still being fleshed out. Part of the story will involve an innkeeper in Link's hometown and her young son.
•The girl in the teaser picture above may be named Adelle, Adella, or Aderu, though that picture was a placeholder, not her real face. She won't be with you throughout the game, but she will communicate with Link through his sword.
•The sword itself is not the Master Sword, but it will develop and release unlockable abilities as the game goes on.
•There will be horseback combat, and your horse (possibly Epona, though that may just be a nickname for the horse in the translation) will be much better at avoiding obstacles.
•And finally, the Link in this game may be the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time, the game itself may contain time travel, and the overworld may include more than just Hyrule, and/or may not be Hyrule at all. That means that the Wii Zelda may in fact be a direct or indirect sequel of Majora's Mask, a fact sure to raise the ire of some (and the hopes of others).

https://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/rumor-zelda-wii-is-majoras-mask-sequel.html

I loved Majora's Mask. Oh, I hated it at the time, because I was looking for another Ocarina of Time, where I could just run around and explore. But I loved the time-travel "affect the future" concept, which was used sparingly in OoT but full-force in MM. I loved the storyline about the kid that was in love with the woman...it's been a LONG time but I still remember him running around with the Pikachu-like mask on. I think what really bugged me in MM was the use of the masks in general, just because for so much of the story I didn't "feel" like Link.

All of this said, I've become disappointed in the way the Zelda series has gone ever since MM. It was the last one, IMHO, which really pushed the bubble of what a Zelda game had to be. I got bored with Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Maybe what Zelda really needs is a complete makeover. That, and another platform. I don't want to start a whole thing here, but I'd much rather have a Zelda on a powerful system with cutting-edge graphics and a controller than on an underpowered Wii. Wii has it's pluses, for sure, but Zelda doesn't really jibe with them to me.

EDIT: Going back, I see I'm not the only one to bring up the Wii. The reason I loved OoT was because of how beautiful it looked...I felt totally, 100%, immersed in that world. Twilight tried to do something similar, but after games like Gears of War, or even stylized like the newer Final Fantasy projects, I just can't be immersed in a Wii game. Oh, I can get hooked, and games can be really hardcore without the best graphics....and Mario and most of the other Nintendo properties are designed for gameplay and not looks. But Zelda has always been a flagship graphics title for Nintendo, the one they spend the most time polishing the graphics for (with the possible exception if the FPS Metroids), and that's just not working with Wii. Take a look at Dragon Age or even Oblivion (though dated now). *THAT* is what Zelda should be. Or, like I said, go stylized like FF, or even cartoony like WW, but either way it needs to be breathtaking, and the Wii just can't do that for me. Not to mention, I think you really need a traditional controller for a Zelda game. Using a Wiimote for that is kindof meh.

Last edited:
Wind Waker was my favorite up until the dreaded "search for pieces of the triforce all over the god damned world for no apparent reason" part of the game. :monkey1

That's....EXACTLY when I got bored. I actually liked the cartoon style of the game too, unlike many others. But the style was really what kept me in, there was nothing else really "NEW" about it.

Wind Waker was my favorite up until the dreaded "search for pieces of the triforce all over the god damned world for no apparent reason" part of the game. :monkey1

Yep, my cousin quit playing the game at that point.

The one redeeming feature of Wind Waker was the final boss. Never has any game truly made the final battle use all of the fighting skills you'd learned up to that point. You really felt that YOU were fighting Ganon and you weren't playing a video game.

And the final hit on Ganon was BRUTAL and awesome for a Nintendo game. Plus just the whole ending was great where it made you wonder whether WW was set hundreds of years before OOT or hundreds of years after OOT.

Back