New Zelda Wii Scheduled For Late 2010....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamboota

Super Freak
Reaction score
....First DS Successor Details

https://kotaku.com/5441242/report-new-zelda-out-by-end-of-2010-first-ds-successor-details

n an interview with Japanese newspaper the Asahi Shimbun, Nintendo Co., Ltd. president Satoru Iwata discussed some of this year's goals, which include releasing the newest Legend of Zelda game.

High on the Japanese exec's list was increasing the number of DS WiFi spots across the country. In Japan, the company has a deal with McDonalds to provide a "Mac de DS" service. Customers who bring their DS units to McDonalds can download items and original content as well as play others via WiFi. Besides Pokémon mini-games and character downloads, there are also McDonalds quizzes and even a McDonalds manga service.

(Nintendo of America teamed up with McDonalds in 2005 for a similar WiFi service.)

Nintendo, it seems, is looking beyond the current partnership with McDonalds. "To proactively increase the number of hotspots, we are talking with a number of businesses," Iwata told the paper.

When asked if Nintendo is planning on giving DS an iPhone-like cellular functions with the ability to connect to the internet, Iwata dismissed the idea of a monthly service plan for playing games and noted that the company is not thinking of adding such functions in future models of the Nintendo DS.

A Nintendo DS successor? Up to now, Nintendo has released several variations of the Nintendo DS — however, it has not released a completely new handheld. Regarding a DS successor, Iwata offered this: "[It will have] highly detailed graphics, and it will be necessary to have a sensor with the ability to read the movements of people playing." In the past, motion peripherals have been released for the Nintendo DS.

But with the Nintendo DS posting record sales in America during 2009, the exec said this was not the time to discuss when this successor will hit the market.

Iwata also touched on Nintendo's home console, the Nintendo Wii, admitting that sales stalled in Japan last fall, but pointing out that the console has been the biggest seller in both Japan and America during the past three years. He stressed the importance of software.

According to the Asashi Shimbun, there will be a press conference this July for the new pulse Vitality Sensor controller with the intention of putting it on sale as soon as possible. The paper also noted that the newest Legend of Zelda sequel will go on sale before the end of 2010 with no note whether this refers only to Japan. The game was first announced at the E3 game expo in Los Angeles back in 2009.

Meh....it's probably look like crap just like Twilight Princess. :monkey1

tlozc.jpg

I like the design of that lady thing thats behind him!

Can u imagine how this game would look if it were on the PS3! :drool

One more reason for me to pick up a Wii. I haven't played a single Zelda game since Majora's Mask.

Meh, Zelda. I lost interest after playing Twilight for 40 hours. :monkey3

Seriously though, I've sworn off any more DS Zeldas until they go back to hand drawn animation.

Can u imagine how this game would look if it were on the PS3! :drool

:monkey4:banghead:banghead:banghead:duh

You'd probably call for voice-overs too, eh? :cuss :cuss :banghead

You are not invited to the Zelda party!!!!!

And I'll believe the release date when I see it. Every Zelda title (save for the latest DS title) gets plagued with tremendous delays. There is no way it's coming out this year.

i like the comment somebody posted down below the article "new Zelda being released 2012. You heard it here first folks" :lol
Does have a ring of truth though... :sick with the slew of good games this year Nintendo would be smart to bump it up just to increase the sales. Not that I wouldn't want to see it in 2010 :monkey3

One more reason for me to pick up a Wii. I haven't played a single Zelda game since Majora's Mask.
I haven't either, but I don't really feel like I've missed out on much.
Does have a ring of truth though... :sick with the slew of good games this year Nintendo would be smart to bump it up just to increase the sales. Not that I wouldn't want to see it in 2010 :monkey3

If this article is accurate I doubt Nintendo feels they need to rush anything to increase sales. Wii sells 3M in the month of December

I can't possibly take this thread seriously after reading that.

This thread should be void, cancelled, locked, whatever.

:monkey4:banghead:banghead:banghead:duh

You'd probably call for voice-overs too, eh? :cuss :cuss :banghead

You are not invited to the Zelda party!!!!!

And I'll believe the release date when I see it. Every Zelda title (save for the latest DS title) gets plagued with tremendous delays. There is no way it's coming out this year.

BAH!! U guys are all just a bunch of Wiitods!!

I hate the fact that the Wii is still selling off the shelves and all their games are mediocre and look like crap....including Twilight Princess!!

I'll stick to my hi-end graphic and complex story lines....thank you very much. *raises nose up*

I hate the fact that the Wii is still selling off the shelves and all their games are mediocre and look like crap....including Twilight Princess!!

I'll stick to my hi-end graphic and complex story lines....thank you very much. *raises nose up*

Right or wrong Bamboota FTW :rotfl :rotfl

Isn't that female like Link's sword?

That's the speculation so far. People have noted this is the first art released for a Zelda game that didn't show Link with the Master Sword. Also, that female creature shares a lot of design elements with the Master Sword.

Hahahaha! Bam don't be a noob! Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and a few other Wii titles are some of the best games to date. Graphics aren't everything. Although I do hate having to read the damn dialouge in the Zelda game. Hahaha!

:monkey1:lol
DISAGREE!!!!!

...and the bitter rivalry is renewed once again!

Do you have a PS3 Boota? If you do, you'll have to hit me with your PSN name some time so I can pummel you once and for all! Though, my PS3 hasn't been on for games all that much lately, I've been playing too much Wii! :D

I sort of agree with this sentiment and its why I got rid of my Wii. After the initial shock factor wore off my Wii did nothing more than collect dust.

:monkey1:lol
DISAGREE!!!!!

...and the bitter rivalry is renewed once again!

Do you have a PS3 Boota? If you do, you'll have to hit me with your PSN name some time so I can pummel you once and for all! Though, my PS3 hasn't been on for games all that much lately, I've been playing too much Wii! :D

RIVALS 4 LIFE!! And no...Unfortunately I'm to poor for the PS3 atm....but i'll soon will have it in my clutches!!!!:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

I sort of agree with this sentiment and its why I got rid of my Wii. After the initial shock factor wore off my Wii did nothing more than collect dust.

Exactly my point. :lecture
See us Tamponian need to stick together!

My inner child is throwing a tantrum. Why is a Zelda hater starting a thread about Zelda? WTF.

And you can already see the direction this thread is starting towards. Good job, Bamboota.

Back