Deep Down [Capcom, PS4]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
7zykWar.jpg

Revealed today during Sony's Playstation Meeting Event, Deep Down is a next-generation project in development for the Playstation 4 by Capcom.

https://www.d-down.jp/

HD trailer:

[ame]https://youtu.be/d9UmHm9HA3c[/ame]

It was in my opinion the most impressive showcase during the event. The footage is probably rendered real-time, but I have doubts that it is indicative of final gameplay.

deepdown-16-7fps-290-1iosm.gif

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

Yeah, this one looks good. I wouldn't be surprised if Deep Down gets a name change to Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom loves their sequels and Dogma was a bit of a gamble for them. Not sure they'd take another chance on a new fantasy IP when they have a successful one waiting in the wings.

Yeah, this one looks good. I wouldn't be surprised if Deep Down gets a name change to Dragon's Dogma 2. Capcom loves their sequels and Dogma was a bit of a gamble for them. Not sure they'd take another chance on a new fantasy IP when they have a successful one waiting in the wings.
Haha yes very true, and both can be written DD, so I was thinking that also. :D I'm pretty excited if it is, I hope the character creation and combat systems are the same, only more in depth, because I found the combat really fun, assuming this is Dragon's Dogma. Looking forward to hearing more about this game. :)

It does have actual gameplay. Look at the HUD. Cap on confirmed it also. But holy ****. This is amazing. I'm soo damn pumped for next gen

It does have actual gameplay. Look at the HUD. Cap on confirmed it also. But holy ****. This is amazing. I'm soo damn pumped for next gen

I think the HUD is just for show. The perspective changes from first to third person and the camera moves around alot. I think this video is trying to showcase the engine and graphical potential there, but I don't believe we're seeing a realized game here yet. That's enough to get me interested though. A Dragon's Dogma with this level of graphics? Yes, please.

What happened to that Killzone 2 trailer fiasco on the PS3 way back then?

The "target" video? What about it? At E3 they admitted it was a "target" video and when the game came out, it looked good, but nowhere near as good as that target. That was the end of it. Sony has used those kinds of videos for all their console launches, but I don't think that's the case here. Nothing I saw threw up any warning signs. It looked legit and didn't have that "too good to be true" feeling.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought dragons dogma 2.

Wonder if we will see a Dino crisis sequel/reboot someday? Then again, RE needs a reboot, heh.

Back