Killzone: Shadow Fall [PS4]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
lLXjM4V.png

Announced today at Sony's Playstation Meeting event, Killzone: Shadow Fall is a next-generation title in development for the Playstation 4 by Guerrilla Games.

Release Date: PS4 Launch

Trailer:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWKgGdTyQZc[/ame]

Extended trailer + Gameplay:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=113171115535029

Hi-res pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/8492669529/in/photostream/

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

iSylqprP2LVet.gif

ibkmWFX3ngHLMg.gif

The piece of live gameplay we presented at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 shows you a new world, a new situation and a new hero.

The game is set in a near future, thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

We are looking forward to sharing some more of the exciting events and features that we have been working on. Keep your eyes out for more news soon.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think this doesn't look THAt great for next gen? Only looks like a high end pc fps. I was expecting a bigger leap for next gen.
Still looks really cool though.

Does anyone else think this doesn't look THAt great for next gen? Only looks like a high end pc fps. I was expecting a bigger leap for next gen.

That's still a jump compared to today's graphics. To me it looks like heavily refined and detailed PS3 game to the extreme.

It might be a tad unrealistic to think it would look better than current $1000+ pc's.

I know its an extremely early time to judge the hardware but nothing about this seems innovative. They could have atleast improved the ai but it just seems like more of the same fps stuff we have been getting since modern warfare. Maybe i'm getting cynical and I know its an extremely early time to judge but seems like the video game industry is stagnating if the leap between generations is becoming so mild.

Great to see a new Killzone game, though it doesn't seem to offer anything different to any other FPS on the market now.

Like someone else has already mentioned, no improvement to the AI by the looks of this, they are dumb as ****!

Great to see a new Killzone game, though it doesn't seem to offer anything different to any other FPS on the market now.

Like someone else has already mentioned, no improvement to the AI by the looks of this, they are dumb as ****!

At this point it should be Skynet level.

Kill zone 3's AI. We're brutal and smart. Remember you have to play on a harder difficulty. Kz3 is my favorite shooter of all time. I'm so damn excited for this. Ps4 ... I'm waiting !!

This one isn't blowing me away yet. There's some great shots in the trailer, but I assume it's early still. The clean environment and pastel colors throws me too. I'm use to Killzone looking all Killzone-y. I've been a fan of the series since the beginning though, so I'll be curious to see more.

I've yet to play any Killzone games (though I own 2 and 3) but I love the lighting and transparency effects in the demo. Very nice.

Replaced broken trailer link with the extended version in the first post.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWKgGdTyQZc[/ame]

I agree with the AI. I thought the whole point of this was to show off what it could do. I mean if they really wanted to impress then wouldn't they have done that? All this was was a regular FPS with tweaked graphics. If you wanted the wow factor then the AI aspect would have been the way to go in my opinion also.
Robert

The art design--coupled with the graphical expansion of next generation gaming--really make this title look utterly spectacular. This game appears to be the prime definition of 'world building.' And just think, the more these engines progress, the better sci-fi games we'll get in terms of visualization over the next decade. I really can't wait to see what 'Cyberpunk' will look like in 2015.

Eurogamer confirms that Killzone SF was up to this moment developed on less powerful hardware than PS4:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-spec-analysis-playstation-4

Should mean a bump up in visual quality for release.

The official specs are in for the PlayStation 4 and what we have is, by and large, confirmation of existing DigitalFoundry stories - with one outstanding, exciting exception. At the PlayStation Meeting yesterday, Sony revealed that its new console ships with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, not the 4GB we previously reported. It was a pleasant surprise not just for us, but also for many game developers out there working on PS4 titles now and completely unaware of the upgrade - a final flourish to the design seemingly added in at the last moment to make PlayStation 4 the most technologically advanced games console of the next gaming era.

It seems the developers (and likely other developers) were unaware of the increase in RAM Sony decided to include in the PS4. lol.

Back