DEAD SNOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love it. I think it was a kick a$$ movie. I mean nazi zombies and all the gore was good and just kept a really good pace. Im going to buy this when I find it.

I personally love it. I think it was a kick a$$ movie. I mean nazi zombies and all the gore was good and just kept a really good pace. Im going to buy this when I find it.

I don't know how widely available it is in the US, but it's been available up here since before the holidays. If you're lucky, you might be able to get the HMV-exclusive steelbook case that came with the regular DVD release. Unfortunately, there was no exclusive promotion for the blu-ray.

Try amazon.ca or bestbuy.ca if you're having difficulty finding it.

I watched half of it this morning before going to work. It's pretty good so far, but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nope, I don't ever watch dubbed flicks.

And you're completely missing out on how funny it is when the swedish actor suddenly says in perfect English "Fortune and glory, boys, fortune and glory!"

Good thing I can watch both versions. :D

I watched half of it this morning before going to work. It's pretty good so far, but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

bwhahaha, I thought that was one of the top moments of the movie.

I need to rewatch it dubbed. The version I saw had white subtitles in a movie that is full of snow......someone dropped the ball on that one.

Most DVD players generate subtitles themselves using a yellow font.

And as someone who grew up watching Akira Kurosawa movies (thanks, Mom!) I find English-dubbed foreign films downright insulting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rotfl:rotfl and the funniest.

And as someone who grew up watching Akira Kurosawa movies (thanks, Mom!) I find English-dubbed foreign films downright insulting.

They may be insulting but they are funny and if that was the only way you could watch it at first there isn't much you can do about it.

lol, yeah my wife and I both just looked at each other and were like "gross!!!!" and were just cracking up. Thats a great scene...

Licking his finger wasn't what I thought was all that gross - it was the entire concept around the outhouse. Have you ever been in the real deal - not the sanitized porta-potty version popular world wide, but the actual, hole in the ground, wood seat, nobody's cleaning it up but the owner of the house/cabin sort. I haven't seen one in years, but back in the misty times of the 60's, it was pretty standard for rustic areas. And man, they are about as gross and disgusting as you can get!

Licking his finger wasn't what I thought was all that gross - it was the entire concept around the outhouse. Have you ever been in the real deal - not the sanitized porta-potty version popular world wide, but the actual, hole in the ground, wood seat, nobody's cleaning it up but the owner of the house/cabin sort. I haven't seen one in years, but back in the misty times of the 60's, it was pretty standard for rustic areas. And man, they are about as gross and disgusting as you can get!

I guess when you are that horny, reason is thrown out the door.

And spiders freakin' everywhere. :horror

Finished the movie this morning. Lots more gore once the zombie Nazis came out in full force. But that outhouse scene still tops the gross list. :lol

I watched this last night and had a blast! Not the best zombie movie ever made, but a good, fun romp!

I need to rewatch it dubbed. The version I saw had white subtitles in a movie that is full of snow......someone dropped the ball on that one.

Weird, I started watching it with subtitles and they were yellow.

Yea, I watched it subtitled (of course, you can't be serious that you guys are watching it dubbed???) and the subtitles were easy to read. That was the streaming version from Netflix.

I watched it with subtitles, and they were very easy to read. I recently watched a Japanese picture on Netflix, and the subtitles were cut in half, with the bottom off the screen. I tried every resolution on my TV, but they still came up half cut off and made it very difficult to watch the movie while trying to read letters that are only half there! :banghead

Carl, I've got most of Kurosawa's movies in my instant queue right now!!! :rock

I can honestly say I have never been that horny.

My Aunt and Uncle still had an outhouse in the 1970's, so when we would go visit, that was what you had to use. In the summer, the smell will flat knock you over... the spiders (which I hate) are everywhere... and you roast like you're in an oven! In the winter, there may or may not be spiders, but the smell ain't much better and you freeze your ass off... literally!!!

Michael, they did say she was "____-faced" when they were discussing what happened to her, so she might have been so drunk as to not notice??? :rotfl

Just saw this last night on netflix instant viewing. While not original, a lot of fun!

Favorite scene was when the guy chopped his hand off. LOL!

Suppose why the version I saw was different with white subtitles is because I saw it in a theater as opposed to DVD :huh:huh:huh:huh

Back