Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh... please try to use spoiler tags or avoid talking about any "twists" so early after the game's release. I don't mind things like "the last boss was ridiculously awesome/crappy," but I hate it when people reveal story information like the post above. Not all of us can get to the end of a game in 2-3 days. >_<

I'm only up to chapter 2 so far (I only have about an hour or two worth of video game time a night nowadays), and while the framerate is not so great (PS3 version, which is supposed to be better than the 360 version by 5-10 fps), I'm really liking it so far. The game is pretty hard, but not ludicrously unforgiving, and I can't wait to unlock more moves to deepn the combat system.

I read that the game runs better a bit after chapter 3, but I hope a patch is released to somehow fix the framerate and have it run consistently at 30 fps.

Sorry friend, my bad.

I'm looking forward to getting this, but I'm gonna wait until it's less than $40.

And cr0w, your quote "The bottom line here is the people judging the game based on the demo are wrong." may be true in this case, but game developers and distributors need to think about what they're putting into the demo if they don't think people WILL judge a game on the 10 minutes of playtime they get with a demo...after all, that's what demos are for: to sell potential buyers on a game. If the demo sucks, but the game overall is good, how else am I to know?!? (yeah yeah - word of mouth and the internet, I know! :) ;))

Just for you guys that are starting to play the game i have a tip for you that might save you some valuable time: The lever in Clock Tower level works diferent from others in the game. This took me a huge time and got me piss off to figure out and i still don't know the reason for this, but for some reason on just this level the levers in this stage you can't hold RT while you are moving the lever otherwise she will not turn. Press RT to grab it, then release it and then spin as usual. It feels like a bug to me, it's definitely not a puzzle 'cause is just a lever. That's why Gametrailers say in the review: "Clocktower we are looking at you" with the image of the lever on screen.

I'm near the end of Chapter 2 as of last night (Titan sanctuary) and currently it's fun but the camera can be a bit frustrating. The combat I've gotten a hang of, but I wish it were more offensive-based rather than defensive but it's still very good.

I know the Clocktower bits are coming up, so thanks for the tips, puppetm.

I'm near the end of Chapter 2 as of last night (Titan sanctuary) and currently it's fun but the camera can be a bit frustrating. The combat I've gotten a hang of, but I wish it were more offensive-based rather than defensive but it's still very good.

No prob. I'm here to help.

Sorry friend, my bad.

heh. it's ok. Just remember for next time, because I've got my eye on you...

iron-man-2-nick-fury.jpg

:lol

A lot of peeps on the HDD forums are playing this and all are reporting that the game really opens up around the 3rd and 4th missions and that the first 2 are really just a training tutorial. I went to Blockbuster today and it was already checked out. They only got one copy for the 360 and weren't getting the PS3 version. :gah:

This thread is making me want to play this. However it's this or fallout. And I'm not passing up Vegas. So I think this would make a nice Christmas gift.

A lot of peeps on the HDD forums are playing this and all are reporting that the game really opens up around the 3rd and 4th missions and that the first 2 are really just a training tutorial. I went to Blockbuster today and it was already checked out. They only got one copy for the 360 and weren't getting the PS3 version. :gah:

Yah that sounds good. I like it so far though I'm pacing myself. Chapter 3 now. :rock wookiee maybe you should sign up for Gamefly?

I'd like to take a sec here to express grateful I am to the developers for designing the hero so well. The past few Castlevania games had heroes that looked so effeminate (due to the anime style, which I usually don't mind in games). That being said, Gabriel Belmont in LoS is just a great character -- specifically because of his outfit, movement animation, and voice.

I'm on Gamefly, but I never ever get any of the new releases no matter how early they get put on my que. IMO gamefly is only good for playing backlogged games that you missed out on when they released. Their shipping times, for me anyways, have always been inconsistent, their "low quantities" description doesn't translate well because it really means "out of stock."

I wouldn't know I stopped using Gamefly a year ago. I must've been lucky though because I got the newer games just as they were released.

I'm surprised Blockbuster only got 1 copy. Haven't been in one in about 6 years. Bankruptcy must've really hurt them.

I'm surprised Blockbuster is still struggling with all the promotions they've got running now. Maybe too little, too late? Yeah I've tried Gamefly a couple times when I have free time and several games to catch up on, and each time it's always roughly a week or so. It's unacceptable IMO. I ship a game out and 4-5 days later they'll show it as received then another day or 2 before they ship the next game out to me for another 4-5 day ship process.

Netflix on the other hand is super fast. I can mail something to them and usually the next weekday they have it, and ship the next one out the same day. So maybe 2-3 days in between. If they ever decide to get video games I'd definitely pay extra for that service.

I'm enjoying this game alot. It has great combat, amazing visuals and a badass main character. My only gripe is that the game is broken up too much within each chapter. It doesn't flow well as it
could have done.

Yah that sounds good. I like it so far though I'm pacing myself. Chapter 3 now. :rock wookiee maybe you should sign up for Gamefly?

I'd like to take a sec here to express grateful I am to the developers for designing the hero so well. The past few Castlevania games had heroes that looked so effeminate (due to the anime style, which I usually don't mind in games). That being said, Gabriel Belmont in LoS is just a great character -- specifically because of his outfit, movement animation, and voice.

For me he look like Hugh Jackman...especially in the Van Helsing movie wich is not a bad thing tough. By the way, in the Van Helsing movie, Hugh Jackman does not remember who he is...then at one time, Dracula calls him "Gabriel", it is supossed to be his real name. Perhaps Van Helsing movie was a inspiratin to Gabriel in LOS...

I'm getting my a$$ handed to me in some of these battles. Those effing lycanthropes! It's hard sometimes, but that's probably due to my attempt at purposefully trying to perform counterattacks every time instead of just roll-evading. It's just more satisfying to counterattack (though it makes combat more difficult). Rolling out of the way just feels like _____ing out. :lol I want to see how difficult Paladin mode is now. Started out on Knight difficulty (I think Paladin is locked at the beginning).

The graphics...I think they're getting better as the game progresses. Amazing art design in here. THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUL.

How's the soundtrack?? Typical Castlevania I hope.

Well I'm not that far into the game, but so far the orchestral arrangements are fittingly epic, but I'm not getting much of a classic 'vania vibe from it. Maybe the music further into the game will perk up my ears, but so far unfortunately if you're expecting catchy tunes like Simon's Theme or Bloody Tears (from Castlevania IV), you might be disappointed.

I do really like Gabriel Belmont's theme though. it's the most memorable one so far.

Well I'm not that far into the game, but so far the orchestral arrangements are fittingly epic, but I'm not getting much of a classic 'vania vibe from it. Maybe the music further into the game will perk up my ears, but so far unfortunately if you're expecting catchy tunes like Simon's Theme or Bloody Tears (from Castlevania IV), you might be disappointed.

I do really like Gabriel Belmont's theme though. it's the most memorable one so far.

At one part in the game , you will DEFINETLY hear a very classic Castlevania tune. It really caught me off guard, and I loved it. There are...circumstances to it though.

Awesome. That's one of the Castlevania aspects that I've always felt as unique. They're always fantastic, and always done with class. I'll have to see if I can import a copy from PlayAsia.

Back