Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys see like "static" video effect on the backgrounds like on buildings and objects? It only seems to happen when in the "Amazing" and "Noir" zones. "2099" and Ultimate" zone graphics are clean and sharp. The effect reminds of that default video filter for MASS effect 1.

However I checked options in game and unlike in MASS effect 1 you cant disable it. I also adjusted all my XBOX 360 settings and TV settings and still no luck in getting rid of it.

I have also put the game in another xbox and another TV and same thing happens. Only for the AMAZING and NOIR zones.

I love the elctro stage. Everything is happenining at once and its so weird and confusing. Noir is also amazing .Im on vulture.

I am loving this game...on Scorpion's board now...really good.

I'd give it a 9/10...to me it's on par with Batman AA...I know they are both diffrent games but to me both games showcase the characters as they are ment to be.

Don't know if i like it as much as AA.

While arkham asylum is just as Linear, it does an excelent job of seeming NOT so linear.
shattered dimensions is just point a to point b stages over and over. Super hero games should be about making you feel like the character.
Yes, it feels like a spider-man comic. but it should feel like a spider-man Comic in game format, not a book you play. i know that dosn't make alot of sense, but it's hard to put my finger on what's missing.

Yes a free-roaming sandbox overworld would have improved it, but I'm not sure that's all that it needs.

on the up side, it fixed my ONLY complaint with The previous spider-man game.
The dialog and voice acting is superb.

The opening Amazing Kraven level is PERFECT. This level is Spiderman's finest videogame incarnation. Unfortunately I'm 7 levels in after that and nothing has really come close to matching the perfection that level captures.

Noir world looks good and whats his face from Spiderman TAS voicing him is fantastic.. although I might be biased since I grew up on that series. The little videos and cut scenes are particularly great in this universe. But the gameplay suffers the most in this world, not liking the over usage of the O button. Takedown... pretty much everything. Very simple controls to be successful in this world so far. Sure, you CAN do other things.. but the game encourages you and often forces you into the simplest and most boring of (repetitive)solutions.

2099 looks shiny. I don't know how I feel about it yet. The unique look is definitely it's best asset. Need to spend more time with it, but I don't love it.

Ultimate has one real strength so far.. and that is humor. It's hilarious, and the great script work with fairly decent voice actors helps mask fairly boring and EXTREMELY repetetive levels. Deadpool's entire level was... kill 500 cameras. Which is a shame, because literally everything else going on in that level is a lot of fun... "commercial breaks", His cell phone usage, the race to the tidal wave and web surfing the ocean liner.. those craving an open world here would be happy too. The problem is that everything interesting and fun only happens once or twice.

And that's the biggest problem I'm noticing with the entire game since the first level. The most interesting parts of the gameplay- and each level DOES have some really interesting and exciting gameplay moments going on- are underused, while the more boring parts are repeated 3 or 4 times in each level. This drags them out and makes them tedious. Hell, Spiderman himself even mentions it a few times in the sandman level- "A sand twister, again?! That didn't work the first time.." And the sand twister is really neat and exciting. The first time. 2 times later I'm wondering where the hell the end of the level is. If they cut out the repetitive patterns and made slightly shorter, tighter levels, this game would be near perfect.

Back