DEAD SNOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it on Netflix instant and really liked it. Now have to decide if i want to buy the dvd for the extra's.

Just finished watching it, thought it was awesome! Sure it's not a perfect movie, but it has charm and is a fun watch. There was a few scenes that paid homage to other horror classics, most notably Evil Dead and the gore factor is on full throttle for this one. I'm gonna be be buying it after all.

I told you I thought you would like it. There was ONE part that I didn't like....it involved the girl and the guy and an outhouse and that was just disgusting...............:monkey1:monkey1

Yea, clearly the people making this movie either a) have never used an actual outhouse or b) are some sick little puppies.

The movie was okay, but nothing new. I didn't think it paid homage but just ripped off. On top of that, the plot was a mess, particularly around the whole gold angle.

It was worth watching - but certainly not one I'd buy.

I gotta say, I'm enjoying my Netflix subscription even more now that I can just watch stuff whenever I get the notion.

I thought that at first, but now I'm noticing a trend that new Blu-ray releases are always Long Wait or Very Long Wait. I've been waiting for this movie as well as quite a few others. :monkey2

I told you I thought you would like it. There was ONE part that I didn't like....it involved the girl and the guy and an outhouse and that was just disgusting...............:monkey1:monkey1

Yea, clearly the people making this movie either a) have never used an actual outhouse or b) are some sick little puppies.

The movie was okay, but nothing new. I didn't think it paid homage but just ripped off. On top of that, the plot was a mess, particularly around the whole gold angle.

Bwhaha, loved the out house scene. Hilarious.

Glad you liked it! This is definitely one of my top movies of 2009, such a great fun flick.

Did you watch it with subtitles or the dubbed version?
I watched the dubbed, which was quite good.

What? He did wipe! :D

What was more gross was when she fell in. :yuck

I thought that at first, but now I'm noticing a trend that new Blu-ray releases are always Long Wait or Very Long Wait. I've been waiting for this movie as well as quite a few others. :monkey2
The trick to it for me is, put the movies in the mail on sunday so that they go out early on Monday, that's how I get all the new releases.

got it as a christmas gift and thought it was great! Zombie movies are all about the gore, at least for me. :rock

user3464_pic8185_1262409393.gif

You rule Saya!

I agree. When it comes to zombie movies, quality is decided by: 1) Gore: quality and quantity. 2) Engaging characters. And then 3) Plot.

Well it is a Norwegian film, so maybe they never had outhouses and well as for the sick puppies...I mean there Norwegian :banana

Yea, I watched it subtitled (of course, you can't be serious that you guys are watching it dubbed???) and the subtitles were easy to read. That was the streaming version from Netflix.

You HAVE to watch it once dubbed! The dubbed version is amazing and I think makes the movie more enjoyable. When it first was released on VoD in the states the dubbed version was all we got so that is how I originally saw it. I rented that thing like 4 or 5 times.

You HAVE to watch it once dubbed! The dubbed version is amazing and I think makes the movie more enjoyable. When it first was released on VoD in the states the dubbed version was all we got so that is how I originally saw it. I rented that thing like 4 or 5 times.

I always prefer the subtitles version of movies because you are getting the onscreen actor's performance. (I know that sometimes it's ADR, but still...)

That said, it can be nice to just sit back and enjoy a movie in your native tongue because it frees up your eyes to look at the picture. In this case it lets you see the guts in all their glory!!!

Ever see High Tension? That's a good one to watch subtitled because there is very little dialogue.

I watched it a while back it was certainly "interesting", I think the problem was it played like a "Greatest Hits" of zombie movies. Like the director took bits of his favorite zombie movies and mashed them all together. Don't get me wrong, Greatest Hits collections can be good, they've got all the hits, but sometimes it's better to hear a new tune every once in a while.

I always feel like Im missing part of the movie when I have to stare at the bottom of the screen and read the words. I didnt mind too much that their mouths didnt folow the words, its much the same as watching old kungfu movies.

Just saw this on Saturday night. Loved it. Me and my buddy were laughing and being grossed out all night. It is prolly my second fave zombie flick of all time. :rock

I enjoyed it, but it really didn't do a lot for me. Kind of a middle of the road zombie flick.

Still worth the watch... and the picture from Netflix instant was surprisingly good quality.

Nope, I don't ever watch dubbed flicks.

And you're completely missing out on how funny it is when the swedish actor suddenly says in perfect English "Fortune and glory, boys, fortune and glory!"

Back