DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you remove Phoenix's performance, this film is mediocre. :monkey3

Beyond mediocre... absolute bore.

But look, I know you're having fun tonight with "being literal" just like Khev but here's the point on the other thing: TDK is not called The Joker. It's called The Dark Knight because its primarily about Batman, not the Joker (though he's the best part). You can take Ledger out and you still have a lot of movie and issues explored about The Dark Knight (thru Dent, thru Morgan, thru criminal underground, etc). You can't take Joker out of this movie called Joker and have much of anything any more than you can take the shark out of Jaws.

Last edited:

But look, I know you're having fun tonight with "being literal" just like Khev but here's the point on the other thing: TDK is not called The Joker. It's called The Dark Knight because its primarily about Batman, not the Joker (though he's the best part). You can take Ledger out and you still have a lot of movie and issues explored about The Dark Knight (thru Dent, thru Morgan, thru criminal underground, etc). You can't take Joker out of this movie called Joker and have much of anything any more than you can take the shark out of Jaws.

Put in Jared Leto then. :rotfl

Forum Clown is an unreliable narrator lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raise your hand if you think both of his therapist were one in the same which he viewed as young/old.

I?m telling you if it turns out that this movie was one big fantasy it would also explain one of my questions about how he hooked up with his mother again if they were separated by the state.

That foggy vagueness surrounding it for me is a big clue.

Did he really ever see her records the way it was shown or was that part of his fantasy.

Him being incarcerated at an early age would be a mirror to Bruce also having a bad childhood.

I don?t man i?m torn on how I would feel if it turns out to be all a fantasy dump on us.

A freaking fantasy inside of fantasy.

So this movie not only stole from taxi driver and king of comedy but also inception lol

The thing is you're just not a fan of Baleman or the other characters in the movie, but I have no problems with the other characters, so there's nothing to debate.

Joker is usually the best part of any Batman movie, episode or comic. If he's not overshadowing Batman, then he's not a good Joker. Still, I have no problems at all with Bale or his Batman in TDK trilogy. To me, he's the best big screen Batman/Bruce so far, even though he's not perfect or ideal. He had some cool scenes as Batman that didn't involve Joker, like his intro or the Hong Kong sequence. The chase scene and batpod sequence would be just as effective with any other villain, not just Joker. However, most of the Batman/Joker scenes work better with the two of them on screen. Two Face is not my ideal version of the character either, but it works for me within the context of the story, similarly to how I can accept Phoenix Joker in the Joker film.

Maybe you just don't like Baleman in the same way I don't like Luke Skywalker. If I remove Vader from SW, all I have left are the annoying droids and whinny Luke.

Remember Nicholson Joker laugh box on his dead body.

I picture Wor-Gar laughing like that in a continuous loop after he reads your post lol

Last edited:
The thing is you're just not a fan of Baleman or the other characters in the movie, but I have no problems with the other characters, so there's nothing to debate.

Joker is usually the best part of any Batman movie, episode or comic. If he's not overshadowing Batman, then he's not a good Joker. Still, I have no problems at all with Bale or his Batman in TDK trilogy. To me, he's the best big screen Batman/Bruce so far, even though he's not perfect or ideal. He had some cool scenes as Batman that didn't involve Joker, like his intro or the Hong Kong sequence. The chase scene and batpod sequence would be just as effective with any other villain, not just Joker. However, most of the Batman/Joker scenes work better with the two of them on screen. Two Face is not my ideal version of the character either, but it works for me within the context of the story, similarly to how I can accept Phoenix Joker in the Joker film.

Maybe you just don't like Baleman in the same way I don't like Luke Skywalker. If I remove Vader from SW, all I have left are the annoying droids and whinny Luke.

I agree with this.

And I almost brought up removing Vader from ANH and you still could do just about everything that happens except Ben's death. But since he sticks around anyway, Vader really accomplishes nothing... no more than Indy in Raiders.

Raise your hand if you think both of his therapist were one in the same which he viewed as young/old.

I?m telling you if it turns out that this movie was one big fantasy it would also explain one of my questions about how he hooked up with his mother again if they were separated by the state.

That foggy vagueness surrounding it for me is a big clue.

Did he really ever see her records the way it was shown or was that part of his fantasy.

Him being incarcerated at an early age would be a mirror to Bruce also having a bad childhood.

I don?t man i?m torn on how I would feel if it turns out to be all a fantasy dump on us.

A freaking fantasy inside of fantasy.

So this movie not only stole from taxi driver and king of comedy but also inception lol

I don't really get this "stole from" argument... :dunno
It's one thing to "be inspired by", or "pay homage to", it's quite another to "steal from" or "copy".

Clearly, Arthur Fleck is a very different person with very different problems from Travis Bickle. Sure, they are both middle aged white men with psychological problems who don't know how to fit in a society that doesn't care for or about them, but that's about it.
And whether what happens during the movie is all in Fleck's delusional mind is vastly different from the basic premise of Inception.

I like this photo. I'd like to think they're chasing Leto.

jijYVxh.jpg

I don't really get this "stole from" argument... :dunno
It's one thing to "be inspired by", or "pay homage to", it's quite another to "steal from" or "copy".

Clearly, Arthur Fleck is a very different person with very different problems from Travis Bickle. Sure, they are both middle aged white men with psychological problems who don't know how to fit in a society that doesn't care for or about them, but that's about it.
And whether what happens during the movie is all in Fleck's delusional mind is vastly different from the basic premise of Inception.

Go easy on him. He?s excited for the last skywalker or whatever. He?ll probably be there opening day. Joker was to much for him to handle.

I finally got around to watching this today and it was great. I really liked Phoenix performance he deserves an Emmy what great acting was truly a work of art(iconic). Now I need a figure of this guy.

Back