DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know he wasn't in his prime anymore but he sought out the confrontation with Bane and he went into it with overconfidence (I beat Ra'as, I can beat Bane) and yet this didn't jibe to me with how ''on the back foot'' he seemed so early in that fight. Maybe if the hits were more convincing it'd have been clearer why Batman was already in trouble - but as I said, half of them didn't look like they were connecting let alone seem like particularly hard blows. So, some better work on Nolan's part, the fight co-ordinator guys, maybe even the sound effects editor could have sold the whole thing better.

I guess I also just don't like this idea of Bane's mask being his Achilles heel. Even without knowing it was Bane's specific weakness Batman would have damaged it in the first fight because Bane was letting him punch him in the face. And Batman not coming to his own conclusion that the mask was important is a head-scratcher. It has wires and stuff, clearly not just decorative. You'd aim for those deliberately.

So I would have removed that as a story device and simply have Batman beat Bane through...I dunno, renewed vigor, renewed force of will. Make it that Bane's own victory early in the film defeats him later on. Poetry. So they rhyme. :lol

1. Why wouldn?t the clown army worship the actual clown that killed Thomas who was the face of everything they hated instead of Arthur who just killed 3 simple faceless traders that worked for Thomas.

Killing Thomas > Killing Murray

Maybe they will, but that clown wasn't on TV. Clown that killed Thomas is Jack Napier... clown on TV is Arthur.

6. When Randall told Joker that he always took care of him because Joker was his boy and that Joker could always repay him the favor I totally took that as Randall was hitting on Arthur for future sexual escapades.

I totally thought that too. We're sick old men.

So........... do you like Joker now?

Maybe they will, but that clown wasn't on TV. Clown that killed Thomas is Jack Napier... clown on TV is Arthur.

I totally thought that too. We're sick old men.

So........... do you like Joker now?

I need to get past my 1 and 2 first lol

I will say this.

I was NOT bored on 2nd viewing if anything I was even more engaged than the 1st viewing. I think it had to do with me sharing the experience with the wife.

Wait...what? You must be crazy.

Why?

He looks great and has a ton of charisma once he?s Joker.

Did I say I now hate TDK Joker, no I did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, excellent! You like the new Joker!

I have no issues with the possibility that he's not The Joker that we all know and love... and is some kind of proto-Joker that started it all. Like Joker's father. Like Sean Connery is Harrison Ford's father.

I think the true Joker *should* be someone you could picture going onto a talk show (prior to him then doing something horrible of course.) Ledger looked like a scary hobo that wouldn't be invited anywhere. Almost like what Rob Zombie's take on the character would be or something.

I love his performance in TDK but feel that he's farther removed from the classic character than Joaquin.

Aren't both HL and JP removed from the comic character because both wear white face? Didn't "real" Joker fall into chlorine acid that bleached his skin white and hair green?

Maybe JP will fall into that vat in the sequel called... The End of Joker.

Aren't both HL and JP removed from the comic character because both wear white face? Didn't "real" Joker fall into chlorine acid that bleached his skin white and hair green?

Maybe JP will fall into that vat in the sequel called... The End of Joker.

Yes, which is funny because the white skin can easily be explained by a skin condition like vitiligo, which causes the skin pigmentation to break, making people just like Joker. Maybe in 10 years they'll do that in a movie and guys in makeup will look silly.

Both. He never left. :lol

lulz

He was chuckling about the Wayne murders so after.

It could?ve been his original incarceration and he was fantasizing about killing Thomas Wayne.

How can you be confused by this movie? Its very simple. OCD people like to outsmart themselves.

Listen i?m still trying to figure out what the core message of this movie was if there even was one.

Joker did not like living in a society that lacked civility I mean is that it?

Was he being serious?

Last edited:
I think the true Joker *should* be someone you could picture going onto a talk show (prior to him then doing something horrible of course.) Ledger looked like a scary hobo that wouldn't be invited anywhere..

Well, they invited Arthur, not Joker. I thought the way he was just invited for no real reason was a bit lazy just to have the scene of the joker on the tv show. When I saw the trailer, I was wondering how Arthur was going to get himself on the show and how long of a time jump they'd be doing to explain it. I knew from watching the trailer that he was going to try to kill Murray, but I was expecting something a bit more clever. Instead it was just that the audience liked the video and they wanted to see him get made fun of by Murray again. Meh..it's ok.

Well, they invited Arthur, not Joker. I thought the way he was just invited for no real reason was a bit lazy just to have the scene of the joker on the tv show. When I saw the trailer, I was wondering how Arthur was going to get himself on the show and how long of a time jump they'd be doing to explain it. I knew from watching the trailer that he was going to try to kill Murray, but I was expecting something a bit more clever. Instead it was just that the audience liked the video and they wanted to see him get made fun of by Murray again. Meh..it's ok.

That is totally how it always happens.

You do something that gets attention and next thing you know you?re on Ellen.

Literally every instant celebrity made on YT gets their 15 min of fame on a talk show.

Hello...Chewbacca Lady lol

Murray was given a tape of Joker making an ass of himself, Murray?s audience reacted positively towards it, BAM Joker is invited.

That simple.

Sure might be lazy might be simple but it?s pretty straightforward accurate.

That is totally how it always happens.

You do something that gets attention and next thing you know you?re on Ellen.

Literally every instant celebrity made on YT gets their 15 min of fame on a talk show.

Hello...Chewbacca Lady lol

Murray was given a tape of Joker making an ass of himself, Murray?s audience reacted positively towards it, BAM Joker is invited.

That simple.

Sure might be lazy might be simple but it?s pretty straightforward accurate.

Yep exactly. Stand up comedians and other entertainers got discovered all the time like that. It did feel a bit "YouTube-ish" for Murray to have a clip of his one and only act so quickly but I thought it worked.

Listen i?m still trying to figure out what the core message of this movie was if there even was one.

Not sure a character study needs to have a message necessarily, though I'm sure the creators believe there is a point of view here. I mean, they took "the Joker" as the grab, and did an interesting movie about what it might take to get there. That's all. Without that title, and that association, this movie would never get made now.

All I know is that there are 7 scenes that are amazing to behold unfolding on that screen and for that I?m grateful.

Subway

Post subway dance

Midget escape

Stairs

Sizing up Murray in dressing room

Curtain stage entrance

Murray confrontation in front of a live studio audience

I do think my problems with the movie are grave enough for me that had those scenes not been executed as well as they were the movie would?ve tanked hard for me but as is they allow me to forgive and forget my issues with the movie while watching it.

Khev said it best.

EG and Joker in the same year, wow.

Last edited:
Back