TRON reboot starring Jared Leto - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
[SUB]From The Hollywood Report - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-reboot-jared-leto-circling-lead-role-new-disney-film-982575[/SUB]

"Disney is planning to get back on the grid.

The studio is in the very early stages of development for a new Tron movie, with Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto circling to star, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

No writer has been hired at this exploratory stage, and no filmmaker is involved. Justin Springer, who co-produced Tron: Legacy and executive produced the Tom Cruise sci-fi movie Oblivion, will produce. Leto and his producing partner, Emma Ludbrook, would also be involved in some producing capacity if the project moves forward.

Tron was a 1982 Disney movie set in the fantastic world inside a computer program, a cyberspace called the Grid. Starring Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner, the film wasn’t a hit at the time but was influential with its envelope-pushing special effects. It drew a cult following in the years after its release, due to its imaginative story.

In 2010, Disney revisited the world with Tron: Legacy, which starred Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde and brought back Bridges. Joseph Kosinski directed. The expensive movie made $400 million worldwide — good enough to warrant interest in a follow-up.

But it’s been a series of shutdowns and restarts for that sequel, and just as it seemed it was heading toward preproduction, the studio pulled the plug for good in 2015.

But computer programs never die, it seems, they just get upgrades.

Sources say this new project is not a direct sequel and is being built out of the source code of the deleted Tron 3 script. Leto would play a character named Ares, who has not appeared onscreen before but was a key player in that script.

At this stage, it's too early to tell if Kosinski or actors from Tron: Legacy will return.

Leto last portrayed the DC Comics villain the Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad. He will next appear with Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 and is attached to direct Paramount's crime thriller 77."

Re: Possible TRON reboot starring Jared Leto?

I LOVE the sound of this. Tron was a series I came into late. But Tron, Legacy and the TV series, Uprising, were amazing. I'm definitely on board for this.

The cartoon needs to come back

I LOVE the sound of this. Tron was a series I came into late. But Tron, Legacy and the TV series, Uprising, were amazing. I'm definitely on board for this.

Same same. I'm really liking Jared Leto for this.
I might have to watch the first one or Legacy tonight. :lol

The cartoon needs to come back

I've heard good things about that, would you recommend it? I never saw it.

If Olivia Wilde is in it I'm there.

<3

tumblr_nr69ddXO6c1rrkahjo3_400.gif

The cartoon is REALLY good. Seriously, you need to watch it.

Do you know of any good places to watch it? (Netflix, etc.?)

I just checked: Hulu.

I have Netflix and never seen it there.

Darn; I don't have Hulu. I'll try seeing if there are any cheap DVD sets. Thanks for the help!

Darn; I don't have Hulu. I'll try seeing if there are any cheap DVD sets. Thanks for the help!

:rock :rock :rock

You could also purchase it on iTunes if you want. But S1 and S2 are $20 a piece. A little pricey, IMO.

:rock :rock :rock

You could also purchase it on iTunes if you want. But S1 and S2 are $20 a piece. A little pricey, IMO.

Yeesh. Yeah, I'd rather just wait to own it physically. I'm not a huge fan of digital as a format (even though I guess it would be fitting for Tron :lol).

Yeesh. Yeah, I'd rather just wait to own it physically. I'm not a huge fan of digital as a format (even though I guess it would be fitting for Tron :lol).

I LOOOOOOVEEEE digital. I purchase all of my crap on iTunes. Still haven't taken the plunge with Nintendo though. Not sure why.

I LOOOOOOVEEEE digital. I purchase all of my crap on iTunes. Still haven't taken the plunge with Nintendo though. Not sure why.

I used to have an iPod which had had a couple movies like The Dark Knight & Mr.Bean's Holiday; it was nice for airplanes and trips. Since then, for some reason, I haven't been able to bring myself to go digital.

I really like having physical games, especially since one of my digital PS4 games got corrupted a couple months back and I had to delete & reinstall it.

Anyways, more on topic... :lol

I've really been wanting to watch that Tron cartoon. The animation reminds me of the Speed Racer cartoon they had when the 2008 movie came out.

Same same. I'm really liking Jared Leto for this.
I might have to watch the first one or Legacy tonight. :lol

I've heard good things about that, would you recommend it? I never saw it.

It is honestly better than the movies.
Much bigger world. You get to see how the grid works like a real city. The bigger cast really does make the world more rich.
Voice work is great. Artwork is really nice. The villains are awesome.

Cartoon is 10 times more rich than the second movie.

If Olivia Wilde is in it I'm there.

Is a reboot right? New cast

It is honestly better than the movies.
Much bigger world. You get to see how the grid works like a real city. The bigger cast really does make the world more rich.
Voice work is great. Artwork is really nice. The villains are awesome.

Cartoon is 10 times more rich than the second movie.

Cruuuud, you're really making me want to watch it. :lol
I always thought Tron would be the perfect franchise for world-building, so I'm glad to hear the cartoon does that.

Thanks y'all for recommending it! I'll try to watch it ASAP.

Cruuuud, you're really making me want to watch it. :lol
I always thought Tron would be the perfect franchise for world-building, so I'm glad to hear the cartoon does that.

Thanks y'all for recommending it! I'll try to watch it ASAP.

I know u wanna go the straight route to find it but if u cant find it i can hook u up my bro

f9d16599215e38586335d6878ff748c6.jpg

Is a reboot right? New cast

Reboot is the most over-used and misunderstood word in Hollyweird for the last 20 years. There were stories calling The Force Awakens a "reboot". If they recast a franchise it's a "reboot". Remake a classic? "Reboot"

The Bond films when they cast Daniel Craig kept Judy Dench. The Tron films are even less rigid in their continuity.

Reboot is the most over-used and misunderstood word in Hollyweird for the last 20 years. There were stories calling The Force Awakens a "reboot". If they recast a franchise it's a "reboot". Remake a classic? "Reboot"

The Bond films when they cast Daniel Craig kept Judy Dench. The Tron films are even less rigid in their continuity.

Dont get me wrong, i would give anything for olivia back.

I just dont see how they can do that without bringing that other guy back.

Force awakens is also star wars 7. A continuation.
Just a sequel

Tron Legacy was disappointing but had some good ideas. I would prefer they continue that story. I don't know how much interest there is for a continuation since they waited so long but I suspect there would be even less interest in a recasted reboot.

Tron Legacy was disappointing but had some good ideas. I would prefer they continue that story. I don't know how much interest there is for a continuation since they waited so long but I suspect there would be even less interest in a recasted reboot.

Tomorrowland flopping killed any chance to the sequel to tron legacy.
They were preparing the sequel and going in preproduction and once tomorrowland flopped they cancelled everything.

The fact that they want reboot now with the joker guy means that other story is buried now

Back