DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hey man, Talia came out in UK this week. There was some paperwork delay on her but she is finally out!

Thanks for the news! Gonna check my fav shops then :D I was wondering why no Talia around xDDD In Italy happened the same with Nightwing figure, guess was import trouble :)

the logo has a greenish yellow color. wtf! O_ô

I think you need to adjust your monitor.

While there are some definite flaws in the line, some people are just seeing things now.

I know! I think everyone gets like this when you see it in person! We all know it's huge from photos of others but when you actually get it it feels even bigger ;)

I know! I think everyone gets like this when you see it in person! We all know it's huge from photos of others but when you actually get it it feels even bigger ;)

My batwing is coming I'm looking forward to seeing it

The expressions pack includes both the gas mask and the infrared goggles as attachable pieces and they seem to work pretty great, judging by DCC's video unboxing. If you go to the DC Collectibles Facebook page, they did a live unboxing of this, yesterday, along with the Icons Rebirth 7-pack, so, if you're only interested in this stuff, you'll probably want to skip through to about halfway through the video.

Awesome, thanks! Thank you to Viriato for providing pictures!

Okay, so here's an updated wish list for a second ultimate Batman set:

-smirking Batman headsculpt
-heartbroken Bruce Wayne headsculpt with cowl hanging over his shoulders
-H.A.R.D.A.C. - glowing red eyes Batman (think Jawas, POTFII R2-D2)
-"Cape and Cowl Conspiracy" second mask headsculpt

-ab-crunch
-reworked arm articulation to allow holding accessories up to his face (binoculars, etc.)
-removable cloth cape
-removable utility belt
-alternate shirtless torso (The Demon's Quest)
-sword
-exchangeable Bat Chest-emblems: regular, cut across, H.A.R.D.A.C. - connector wires
-Bat Ninja-Star hand
-flat Ninja hands
-pointing hand
-thumbs up hand
- Binoculars

-Batglider
-Mask of the Phantasm poster spread cape

I finally picked up Talia and Clayface! Both very good figures but to me they both have a major flaw - scale! The bulkiness on Clayface makes up for the height a bit but still the figure feels small... It's almost like you can display him with old Kenner figures :D

Talia on the other hand is a giant when it comes to BTAS female characters, I can't believe no one pointed this out before :/

I think she is a solid figure but as usual I made some small changes. I repainted her eyes and lips, painted the collar, darkened the suit and made her hands shorter.

Now tip of the day guys - if you want Talia to hold the gun (as the hands she come with are useless) Boil the water and pour it over her default hand. Once the plastic is nice and soft put the gun in her hand and bend the fingers around the gun, holiding it like that pour cold water on it. Once this is done and you are happy with the new hand shape put tiny bit of super glue on the gun and glue it to that hand and fingers (sadly if you don't the plastic will slightly bend back and it will not look that good) I hope this helps :D

Damn Zelu.. O_O
I thought Talia was already a good looking figure.. you're one make look the original like an unfinished product!
Amazing man :clap :clap :clap

I still can't believe an action figure company made her purple AGAIN. Kenner I can forgive. It was a more primitive time in action figure production when they handled this franchise. They didn't have the skills and resources of today. It was common for them to just 'invent' colours for certain figures. They were kind of willy nilly with colours. See The Ventriloquist's bizarrely tanned suit for a quintessential example.

But DC Collectibles has always aimed to be as accurate as possible with details and costume colours and even if their sculpts have been off at times, they've always at least had the colours right. Why they'd go with the same arbitrary, completely inaccurate colour scheme for Talia that Kenner used is beyond me.

Her outfit was never, ever purple.

Maybe there might have been some purple highlights for effect at times, but it was ALWAYS black and grey. Dumb, dumb, dumb. :slap

I finally picked up Talia and Clayface! Both very good figures but to me they both have a major flaw - scale! The bulkiness on Clayface makes up for the height a bit but still the figure feels small... It's almost like you can display him with old Kenner figures :D

Talia on the other hand is a giant when it comes to BTAS female characters, I can't believe no one pointed this out before :/

I think she is a solid figure but as usual I made some small changes. I repainted her eyes and lips, painted the collar, darkened the suit and made her hands shorter.

Now tip of the day guys - if you want Talia to hold the gun (as the hands she come with are useless) Boil the water and pour it over her default hand. Once the plastic is nice and soft put the gun in her hand and bend the fingers around the gun, holiding it like that pour cold water on it. Once this is done and you are happy with the new hand shape put tiny bit of super glue on the gun and glue it to that hand and fingers (sadly if you don't the plastic will slightly bend back and it will not look that good) I hope this helps :D

Say, Zelu, is it possible to use Talia for an unmasked Phantasm Andrea?

We all think figures look good until zelu makes his costums and the figures end up looking even better, ha ha! Good job as usual. I don´t want to complaint just for the heck of it, but if DCC have painted small details in other figures, not sure why DCC didn´t paint the color and zip of Talia´s suit, that was kinda lazy. Not a master of custom myself, but when I get it i may repaint those parts.

any difference between the normal Batmobile and the Batmobile deluxe with batman, robin and light? refer to the cars

any difference between the normal Batmobile and the Batmobile deluxe with batman, robin and light? refer to the cars

The original Batmobile has grey details (wheels, grill, etc) The deluxe has silver details instead.

I still can't believe an action figure company made her purple AGAIN. Kenner I can forgive. It was a more primitive time in action figure production when they handled this franchise. They didn't have the skills and resources of today. It was common for them to just 'invent' colours for certain figures. They were kind of willy nilly with colours. See The Ventriloquist's bizarrely tanned suit for a quintessential example.

But DC Collectibles has always aimed to be as accurate as possible with details and costume colours and even if their sculpts have been off at times, they've always at least had the colours right. Why they'd go with the same arbitrary, completely inaccurate colour scheme for Talia that Kenner used is beyond me.

Maybe there might have been some purple highlights for effect at times, but it was ALWAYS black and grey. Dumb, dumb, dumb. :slap

Honey, Talia's jumpsuit is dark purple and has always been on the show.
DCC made her figure dark purple as well, Zelu only darkened it even more because he felt like it.

That figure he used for comparison is from a review website that always put a enormous light on the figures, which changes it colors.

Here is Talia under natural light.
TaliaDCC.jpg

Also, here is the Diamond Select Talia statue, dark purple too:
$_1.JPG

You either accept the fact that her jumpsuit is supposed to be dark purple, or you'll never like any Talia collectible.

1edf6bf0d8dd378ca13420388f8ca72a.jpg
3765568c12fdfba3b4f046862b5ffaf5.jpg
Talia.jpg
La8bOyC2_2403142051131.jpg

You have some point in there. What is sure is they've missed the correct scale, like Zelu already said.
I honestly don't care so much xD I prefer other characters. :D

Say, Zelu, is it possible to use Talia for an unmasked Phantasm Andrea?

funny that you ask this as I'm actually working on it already ;)

View attachment 328165
View attachment 328166
View attachment 328167
View attachment 328177

You have some point in there. What is sure is they've missed the correct scale, like Zelu already said.

I think with the scale is not as much the height that bothers me as much as bulkiness. Her arms, legs, torso an HEAD is much bigger than others (look at Harley and Talia's head) Don't get me wrong I still think she is a great figure but with digital sculpting this things shouldn't happen..

Now THAT'S how Clayface should look next to DCC's Batman.2 inches really would have done a lot for that figure. Awesome job on Talia! Wish I was your neighbor, would so hire you to fix up all my figs and make em more purdy lol

Yeah, I see it as dark purple; that's how I picture her. I can't see her as black.

Also, Joker's hair is dark green, but virtually all companies made his hair black with the green line. In this case, I take either black/green and dark green for any figure.

But then again, if we apply this "logic", Batman's black parts should be dark blue. But that just simply would never work.

I think both Talia's jumpsuit and Joker's hair's colors are up in the air and come down to personal preference, but Batman cannot be dark blue by any means (look how horrible that Mondo figure looks).

Back