DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

funny that you ask this as I'm actually working on it already ;)

I think with the scale is not as much the height that bothers me as much as bulkiness. Her arms, legs, torso an HEAD is much bigger than others (look at Harley and Talia's head) Don't get me wrong I still think she is a great figure but with digital sculpting this things shouldn't happen..

Probably not the sculpting. It's likely the miscalculation of the plastic shrink rates at the factory. Probably used a different plastic mix than what was called for and it resulted in a somewhat larger figure.

Just speculating but that is usually the reason given when these scale issues come up...and we know DCC has not had the greatest track record with their manufacturing QC. :ohbfrank:

I'd like to see someone paint blue details on the black parts of Batman's suit to replicate how it looks in the show. I'm sure it would look sweet. NECA has done similar effects on their video game figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see someone paint blue details on the black parts of Batman's suit to replicate how it looks in the show. I'm sure it would look sweet. NECA has done similar effects on their video game figures.

Zelu's done that. I can't find the pics right now, but it looked pretty damned good from what I remember.

As an artist working in the industry I can say that color is something that can be skewed by a couple of factors such as shininess of material and lighting. It's not so much that her jumpsuit is purple as it is that it's dark purple and most likely some sort of spandex/latex. The highlight I think is supposed to be representing shine of the costume. Batman is similar in that he is generally seen as blue when a spotlight is directly on him.

Now having said that, they should have used a darker purple for Talia and if Batman was blue it would look funny. So, sometimes it is best to go with what looks better for the figure. Honestly, I wish they wouldn't be such a slave to the model sheets and look at some of the episodes and try and distill all that down to the best sculpt and colors.

I finally picked up Talia and Clayface
talita_02_zpsbuzqqttt.jpg
[/URL]

How do you get that pose? Is her hand om the hip? Or is it a trick of the camera angle? I shortened her arms but no way can i get even close to that pose.

Zelu's done that. I can't find the pics right now, but it looked pretty damned good from what I remember.

Here is the Bats :)

Also I didn't make Talia's costume much darker. I think they way it is is fine I just wanted to make it slightly darker :D

As an artist working in the industry I can say that color is something that can be skewed by a couple of factors such as shininess of material and lighting. It's not so much that her jumpsuit is purple as it is that it's dark purple and most likely some sort of spandex/latex. The highlight I think is supposed to be representing shine of the costume. Batman is similar in that he is generally seen as blue when a spotlight is directly on him.

Now having said that, they should have used a darker purple for Talia and if Batman was blue it would look funny. So, sometimes it is best to go with what looks better for the figure. Honestly, I wish they wouldn't be such a slave to the model sheets and look at some of the episodes and try and distill all that down to the best sculpt and colors.

100% agree :)

How do you get that pose? Is her hand om the hip? Or is it a trick of the camera angle? I shortened her arms but no way can i get even close to that pose.

I use boiling water on the figures to make the plastic softer, than position the hand and pour cold water. This way I can achieve the pose I want without figure breaking or getting damaged. (Most of the times the plastic bends back but not completely so the pose can still look good)

Here is the Bats :)
Niiiiiice! The people making these figures should hire you. :clap

I still only see purple on Talia's outfit as highlights, so her outfit's main colour being purple makes about as much sense to me as batman's cape, cowl, gloves, boots, and tights being blue (rather than black with blue highlights, only looking totally blue under certain light).

Thanks for the insight, folks...it is fascinating to discover that some people actually saw Talia's outfit on the show as purple. I would have never imagined such a thing could be possible.

One question...Would of where do those avatars of the signatures?

Greygoose made the signatures for a lot of us like a year ago, if that's what you mean

I couldn't with the temptation and I bought the Deluxe batmobile

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Yeah, send a private message to GreyGoose. Maybe he will make one for you? I'm not sure because it's been a long time.

If you are in the UK and looking for the Mask of the Phantasm set check your nearest B&M store. Managed to pick one up for £12.99.

100% agree :)

I use boiling water on the figures to make the plastic softer, than position the hand and pour cold water. This way I can achieve the pose I want without figure breaking or getting damaged. (Most of the times the plastic bends back but not completely so the pose can still look good)

Thanks. At least now I know I'm not crazy! Might give it a go.

Hey Zelig, what are those small black stands you're using? Are those for Kenner Star Wars figures?

Back