DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.” That Bruce Wayne is *Chef’s Kiss*. I just hope he looks so large because they’re highlighting the Build-A-Figure and he isn’t going to be a giant like Condiment King…

View attachment 695860
Did they stop doing their cel shading paint in this wave of villains? The shiny paint remains still I think...
Looks like bruce does have cel shading, also the face in him looks a bit off. Let's see how it is from up close.

In another note, I'm a little bummed to see all of them re-realeased for losing collector value, guess happy for people who couldn't get them in their time. Mixed feelings about this. Hope I can at least get the Montoya figure I missed and the Beyond set.

Did they stop doing their cel shading paint in this wave of villains? The shiny paint remains still I think...
Looks like bruce does have cel shading, also the face in him looks a bit off. Let's see how it is from up close.

In another note, I'm a little bummed to see all of them re-realeased for losing collector value, guess happy for people who couldn't get them in their time. Mixed feelings about this. Hope I can at least get the Montoya figure I missed and the Beyond set.
It seems like they’re gradually phasing it out or easing up. Batman was the worst offender in Wave 1, but the highlights on others haven’t really been bad at all. I wish they’d do away with the gloss, but I suppose that (and the lack of firearms and some accessories with certain characters) is the greatest differentiator between the re-releases and the OGs. Personally, I have mixed feelings, as well. Because I got a lot of the originals on the cheap years ago and had to sell them literally *right* before McFarlane announced the re-releases. I told myself, even though it was a line I never intended to sell, “there’s nothing you’re getting rid of that you can’t buy back later.”

Now, the question I keep asking myself is “is it worth it to just eat the clear downgrade in quality if it shaves an extra zero off what you have to pay to get them back?” I debated just moving onto the Mondo stuff since I own/kept all of it, but seeing them still continuing the line and diving back in with vehicles and the like makes me feel a little less cynical about it. I do think there should be some effort on Todd’s part to make the new figures accessible to people who own the originals. It’s one thing to devalue all the **** people spent a decade trying to find and collect because you have access to the molds and there’s a clear market that still desires those figures. It’s another when you make characters people always wanted in the original line and those collectors who bought early’s only recourse is rebuying the same figures they already have for build-a-figure pieces or getting scalped for friggin’ Lock-Up on the secondary market.

It seems like they’re gradually phasing it out or easing up. Batman was the worst offender in Wave 1, but the highlights on others haven’t really been bad at all. I wish they’d do away with the gloss, but I suppose that (and the lack of firearms and some accessories with certain characters) is the greatest differentiator between the re-releases and the OGs. Personally, I have mixed feelings, as well. Because I got a lot of the originals on the cheap years ago and had to sell them literally *right* before McFarlane announced the re-releases. I told myself, even though it was a line I never intended to sell, “there’s nothing you’re getting rid of that you can’t buy back later.”

Now, the question I keep asking myself is “is it worth it to just eat the clear downgrade in quality if it shaves an extra zero off what you have to pay to get them back?” I debated just moving onto the Mondo stuff since I own/kept all of it, but seeing them still continuing the line and diving back in with vehicles and the like makes me feel a little less cynical about it. I do think there should be some effort on Todd’s part to make the new figures accessible to people who own the originals. It’s one thing to devalue all the **** people spent a decade trying to find and collect because you have access to the molds and there’s a clear market that still desires those figures. It’s another when you make characters people always wanted in the original line and those collectors who bought early’s only recourse is rebuying the same figures they already have for build-a-figure pieces or getting scalped for friggin’ Lock-Up on the secondary market.
Both batman from wave 1 and 2 are terribly over cell shaded for that reason, the accents stick out too much. I do feel that the wave 1 batman was for the bacycle consider he comes with the fabric cape and the wave 2 batman is gueared to the batwing, because the episode "As Blind as a Bat" is the only time you see him with the sonar and red eyes while he flies the batwing and it comes with the fabric cape. Robin from wave one has the static cape.

I do disagree with the way it's approached and it's ok, I personally did the same thing everyone did, bought them when they were MSRP and at release and sold the majority of them before the McFarlane re-released. I regret some of them but I did get paid big time, however these re-releases help me cushion that loss. I am soo glad I kept my "adventures continue figures because they were the perfect mix of old and DC Collectibles matte accents, but I welcome the villains with open arms.

I personally let go of any emotions about collecting as investment, I can't tell you how many times I sold my figures at a loss because manufacturers decided to re-release figures, this is I humbled myself into just buying what I like and all I care is at least getting my money back but I don't expect a huge amount. It's rare but it happens. Although the Mcfarlane figures are a bit expensive, i'm more angry at the way they handle the DC Super Powers releases. I will never complete my hall of doom because they decided to release black manta as a walmart exclusive and I never saw it on retail. I got sinestro but i'm not scalping prices on Black Manta. Maybe they'll re-issue them as a complete set, but I can wait haha

Back