David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he's just pissed off about scarface and nolan's remark. :lol

yes SS was interfered with, but there's no proof in that article. :dunno

Yeah, but you would think this could impact his future prospects with WB. Smith, too. But maybe they don't care :lol If I had my name attached to something as that turned out like Suicide Squad, I might feel the same way.

Well, some of the truth seems to be coming out now. No real surprise to me, though some were taking Ayer at his word that there wasn't a lot of studio interference earlier, and that this film represented his true vision:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-smith-brings-fantasy-movie-comic-con-1022776

""Check this s*** out! This ain't no ******** PG-13 studio movie.*I was able to do my s***!" - David Ayer

He means the **** part literally.

or

He's really this guy

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, that was the problem.

Well, I get that. :lol I worded it pretty badly, my apologies.

What I meant to say is that even Ayer said some of his decisions hurt the movie - like Enchantress being the big baddie and Leto's part getting shafted

The cut stuff is definitely a bummer. Even the extended version of the movie is a bit better.

Sorry, I'm bad at saying things.

Well, I get that. :lol I worded it pretty badly, my apologies.

What I meant to say is that even Ayer said some of his decisions hurt the movie - like Enchantress being the big baddie and Leto's part getting shafted

The cut stuff is definitely a bummer. Even the extended version of the movie is a bit better.

Sorry, I'm bad at saying things.

Marginally better

I don't care for the direction of the film inn general, but surely Ayer left to his own devices would have been superior to what we got. We got the worst scenario, where Ayer's wacky style was on full display, but the studio watered it down and made it generic by taking any edge away.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't care for the direction of the film inn general, but surely Ayer left to his own devices would have been superior to what we got. We got the worst scenario, where Ayer's wacky style was on full display, but the studio watered it down and made it generic by taking any edge away.
I even remember reading the "style" was also controlled by the studio, as in "could you add more of that pretty neon? Looks neato".

As for my thoughts on this "film":

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gunn is going to need some professional plumbing if he plans on releasing a turd big enough to compete with the first one.

Back