Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no Nolanite, but comparing Shyamalan to Chris Nolan?

CpBDrhZ.gif

Just watched this film in 70mm imax and loved the visuals, sound editing sucks since some parts of the movie, the movie score is louder than the talking, but I liked the plot, a bit far fetched, but I don't go into movies holding expectations from previous films of the director to like it.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Just came back from a midnight screening. Not really sure what to think of it at the moment. I can see how some people might call it pretentious. But I think I love it. I think. It's certainly an experience at IMAX, though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw it this afternoon...absolutely loved it. It's very 2001-esque.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Will definitely be seeing this again :rock

Just got in from seeing it. Not the greatest movie ever, but definitely enjoyed it. Was very surprised to see that actor that people have previously mentioned. It's definitely way, way more than just simply "we go out into space to find a new planet".

My biggest pet peeve was that it seemed like there were numerous times when the camera wasn't properly focused? Like they'd show a closeup of someone's face, and it would be totally out of focus, or mostly out of focus. Almost like their depth of field was really shallow and they missed the point they were supposed to focus on.

We left the theater with a lot of questions, definitely need to see it 1-2 times more to fully understand it.

I'd give it 7.5/10.

watched interstellar last night in IMAX. i gotta say the format aided my overall enjoyment of the film, so i'd recommend it. as for the film itself, it's neither the total mess some critics have been claiming it is, nor is it a masterpiece. not even close. it falls somewhere in between, which means it just about qualifies as good. i admire nolan for his sheer ambition, and the fact that he's one of the few filmmakers out there regularly putting out original material (dark knight trilogy aside). in this case though, i think he's overstretched himself.

this is at its core a story of love between a father and daughter, and is occasionally touching. but it doesn't quite achieve the full emotional impact it was going for because there's simply too much going on. through all the technobabble, exposition overload, and laboured attempts at manufacturing tension/urgency, mcconaughey is what keeps you invested, and the guy really commits with a very soulful performance. also really liked the robots, and anyone who accuses of nolan films of being humourless need to check this out. TARS and CASE are a great addition to the pantheon of classic movie droids.

overall, i consider this one of nolan's lesser works but still a worthwhile watch, if for nothing else but the cool visuals and audio (sound fx and score).

Plot holes galore and I guess this is expected when you make a movie with no previous history you will have to explain the underling theory , but a quick snipet is not going to stick when you discussing complex theory

basically, the first act is on earth, the 2nd act is mostly in space and on various planets, and the 3rd act intercuts between earth and space.

Saw it last night in Imax. Really good film that I'm not sure I fully comprehend, but thats to be expected with space and science.

Amazing visually, but man, its probably one of the worse I've had to sit through when it comes to the audio. The score at some parts was so loud it made me cringe, and at other times the dialogue sounded more like a whisper under the score because it was so loud.

Saw it last night in Imax. Really good film that I'm not sure I fully comprehend, but thats to be expected with space and science.

Amazing visually, but man, its probably one of the worse I've had to sit through when it comes to the audio. The score at some parts was so loud it made me cringe, and at other times the dialogue sounded more like a whisper under the score because it was so loud.

I liked the audio a lot, seemed everything they did was very intentional.

Back