Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake,
I haven't rewatched Dkreturns since theatre, afraid after seeing that poor excuse of a final chapter Rises was.

Clown,
Too bad that you hate hate hate hate Shyamalan so much that you don't have the will to separate his flaws from his qualities.
I can do that for Nolan s work.
Shyamalan clearly did some very very poor choices, especially script wise.
But direction wise I keep thinking he is better than most out there.
The scene where Whalberg apologize to a plastic plant is even funnier.
You should have found that one.

Now even in a flawed movie like the Happening, you have incredible tensions and beautifully shot moments like the opening with people killing themselves and dropping from buildings, the hole in leguizamos jeep or that isolated house where two kids get shotguned at point blank... Something you don't see in many big movies these days.

Unbreakable managed in several scene to do what Nolan could not do in 3 movies.
Keep it real but also Iconic.

But yeah Batman had cool gadgets, baysplosions and also the time to put his logo on a bridge...
I clearly can see why someone could enjoy that better :)
Thank god he's done with Superhero movies.

Last edited:
Cool tidbit about the IMAX 70MM film reel. It is so big that there isn't any trailers or even the IMAX count down. Just the movie :lol

That about sums up what I thought it was going to amount to. I never understood why Nolan is put on such a high pedestal. I still want to see it, for free online :wave

His filmography is pretty great, he hasn't made a bad film yet and most of his praise comes from The Dark Knight which in my opinion is not just the greatest superhero flick ever but one of the greatest films ever made. He's proven he can make great films on an independent level, and on a huge studio budget, I think he's earned the praise, and I would certainly rank him up there with the best/most reliable directors working today.

And yet they keep earning millions and enjoy their gigantic mansions with Olympic pools in lala land.
Something gotta be wrong, this is the biggest scam since the never ending story!
Damn I hope someone open the eyes of Hollywood one day...

Snake,
I haven't rewatched Dkreturns since theatre, afraid after seeing that poor excuse of a final chapter Rises was.

Clown,
Too bad that you hate hate hate hate Shyamalan so much that you don't have the will to separate his flaws from his qualities.
I can do that for Nolan s work.
Shyamalan clearly did some very very poor choices, especially script wise.
But direction wise I keep thinking he is better than most out there.
The scene where Whalberg apologize to a plastic plant is even funnier.
You should have found that one.

Now even in a flawed movie like the Happening, you have incredible tensions and beautifully shot moments like the opening with people killing themselves and dropping from buildings, the hole in leguizamos jeep or that isolated house where two kids get shotguned at point blank... Something you don't see in many big movies these days.

Unbreakable managed in several scene to do what Nolan could not do in 3 movies.
Keep it real but also Iconic.

But yeah Batman had cool gadgets, baysplosions and also the time to put his logo on a bridge...
I clearly can see why someone could enjoy that better :)
Thank god he's done with Superhero movies.

Don't patronize me and use smiley faces with your subliminal passive aggressiveness BS, and then insult my taste for good films, kido. And you're wrong, I like Unbreakable, but it's also boring with long...long unnecessary scenes that lead to nothing and there is nothing "iconic" and memorable about it. Bruce Willis performance is the same performance he gave in the Sixth Sense, and the same Mel Gibson Gave in Signs. They are all the same movie. And you know what, Nolan's big explosions and the gadgets in the Bat films is something different from movies like Momento or Insomnia, because he has range as a director. Enjoy the same Shyamalan :)

Nolan sucks because even his best film to date can't be mentioned in the same breath as The Happening or The Last Air Bender, then real modern day classics.

Pturtle,
well I would not rate the happenning or the last Airbender modern day classics.
Far from it. But be my guest :)
Come on Nolan don't suck, you re being harsh now.
im sure you will enjoy Interstellar that I saw this morning if you give it a chance.
It beats Armageddon.
Honest.

Clown,
Well you might want to start by not starting a conversation with an unknown by mocking him with a gif you know.
You reap what you saw. Now... Whatever.

Oh forgot the smiley. Sorry.

:)

Last edited:
Nolan sucks because even his best film to date can't be mentioned in the same breath as The Happening or The Last Air Bender, then real modern day classics.

The Happening, The Last Air Bender, Lady in the Water, After Earth, and the Village are all being studied by film student to learn what not to do when directing films :lol

Well you might want to start by not starting a conversation with an unknown by mocking him with a gif you know.

Oh for hit the smiley. Sorry.

Whaaaat? You still holding on to the past? That was a long time ago man! I was young and a different person back then. I've changed :lol

The Happening, The Last Air Bender, Lady in the Water, After Earth, and the Village are all being studied by film student to learn what not to do when directing films :lol

The only positive thing I can say about M. Night Shyamalan is he's probably a better director than Uwe Boll.

Pturtle,
well I would not rate the happenning or the last Airbender modern day classics.
Far from it. But be my guest :)
Come on Nolan don't suck, you re being harsh now.
im sure you will enjoy Interstellar that I saw this morning if you give it a chance.
It beats Armageddon.
Honest.

Clown,

Oh forgot the smiley. Sorry.

Did you think it was better than Inception?

I don't think Inception is a bad movie, I didn't particularly enjoy it, same for Insomnia, and it's looking like it'll probably be the same for Interstellar, but comparing Nolan to M. Night Shyamalan is just straight hyperbole, Uwe Boll is the only director alive that I can confidently say M. Night Shyamalan is better than.

Laughing so hard I have tears streaming down my face. Actually, almost makes me want to watch the movie, if only to laugh my butt off.

If only I could give rep points.

Did you think it was better than Inception?

I don't think Inception is a bad movie, I didn't particularly enjoy it, same for Insomnia, and it's looking like it'll probably be the same for Interstellar, but comparing Nolan to M. Night Shyamalan is just straight hyperbole, Uwe Boll is the only director alive that I can confidently say M. Night Shyamalan is better than.

Inception had its original concept going for it here it's known territory.
But I like that the movie is not trying to outsmart the audience.
It's sexier with all the scifi gizmos, spaceships, etc...
I felt more connected to the hero because of the family angle, kids and all probably because I'm a dad now.
More connected than with Cobb and his dead wife thing where I was COME ON that is SOOOOO subtle.

Back