1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure it’s in the hundreds/thousands like Gipetto said. It’s looking like it’s going to be as if Hot Toys made them, but, you know, gave you a nice headsculpt instead of a reprint from 2008.

View attachment 702746
View attachment 702747
View attachment 702748
View attachment 702749
View attachment 702750

I hope he/they just take their time. Looks like they got the molding process down beautifully, if the face plates are painted nicely, I’ll be very happy.
Man, those look great. The only thing holding me back from ordering one is I’m not sure if the tone of the suit on the TF version I have will match the color.

We're all spending thousands on barbie dolls, whether we buy custom pieces or not, we're all objectively financially irresponsible and anyone outside of our hobby probably thinks we're idiots.

so, in the end, who cares.
I don’t consider engaging with my hobby to be financially irresponsible when all other essential bills are paid.

I could potentially maximise use of my disposable income by investing or I could do something less inconsiderate by giving it to charities- but instead I choose to selfishly optimise my personal satisfaction. Others might enjoy travel and experiences; I guess they can be fun, but I like toys just as much.

Like I said, neurotic. Who does that? I’m a literal nobody and my comments triggered him enough to do all that? Odd behavior. He did all that when he could be painting more heads and really hone in on his techniques. Thats up there with all the charities, the repainted hot toys Christmas ornament cowls and forced memes. Instagram was the worst thing for him, most social platforms are. Attention seeking at its finest. You can only milk the Nolan Batman for so long and that’s what that entire feed is.

The bouts of anxiety, fear, worry, insecurity etc. are evident in nearly every posting from him. Just weird and overly dramatic. Can’t mix business and art. Reminds me of my buddy who was a failed art student who would try to attention mug everyone due to his lack of confidence.

Anyway, Jaxon and Kit doesn’t do this! And it’s only $85! It’s always the American artists man. I am curious if the Jaxon heads will hold/fit different faces and mouthplates.
Yeah **** oaty for making products that people that own them love. Especially **** oaty for supporting charity, what a dick smh.
I’ve never seen anyone actually with one be disappointed or not like it. You were happy to to suck up to him then but drag his name in the mud over your perceptions lmao. Buy one and then speak about it, if you’re not in the custom sculpt tax bracket then move on. You’re clearly not in that niche. custom sculpts, painting and custom rooting, all are far more expensive than I think you realise, for a sculpt to be painted it’s like two or three hundred. Custom sculpts by actually good artists are also in a similar price range for just the print.

Take a look at his prices again;
$330 for TDK Deluxe and this includes;
Magnetic Neck replacement painted.
The screen accurate cowl painted.
4 actually hand painted chin plates.
Custom moving eyes that look absolutely phenomenal.
The skin around the eyes also being painted and looking realistic within the cowl.

So let’s look at the steps required.
Printing all of the pieces.
(Eyes separately.)
Cleaning and sanding all the pieces.
Priming all the pieces.
Painting the cowl
Painting the eyes
Painting the 4 chin plates
Painting the surroundings of the eye sockets
Painting the neck connector
Assembling the neck connector with magnetic interior piece
Assembling the cowl with eye pieces
QC and packaging
And finally Sending the items out.

The sculpt by itself on his site is $130. So that’s $130 to include the
Printing
some assembly
some sanding
QC and packaging
Sending item out.

That means you’re paying $200 for all the final product quality of sanding, primer, painting, assembly and the custom eye balls.

If you can find any great painter willing to do that for $200 send them my way, as I’m being quoted regularly for a lot more for items such as a Zhao BVS sculpt to be painted by one of the good ones. And that has just the one mouth plate. Not to mention the zhao bare sculpt is $150. Which is actually great compared to something like mille where they want about $730 for a painted one.

If you don’t like his prices, go elsewhere, me personally I see the value in his products, if he took 2 hours to accomplish that, more power to him, I’m not considered particularly high up in my job my time is valued at about $80-$100 an hour, for him to be doing what he’s doing and be considered one of the best, it’s more than reasonable to charge a similar range.

Or buy the bare sculpt and pay a painter to do the rest, like I said, you’ll find it veryyy difficult to beat $200 for a good piece.

I bought my OT sculpt second hand for more than its retail price, I’d do it again. No regrets.

Also, I wouldn’t spread misinformation, you posted the pics jaxon posted of his sculpt painted by ‘what do you know’ a painter that charges $500-$700 for a commissioned piece, I’m sure it looks great, but it should do when it’s cost $500 + to have it painted.

Economies of scale dictate the more they produce the lower the cost to manufacture should be, do you truly think this applies to OT when he’s printing essentially in small batches and literally hand painting them? You know what, probably marginally, he’s probably got more efficient in his processes, and got faster, but also, his products have gotten better. Year on year the paintwork improved, but also costs of electricity and materials also went up, he’s in the states, not China, those profit margins would squeeze any additional time he saved per sculpt. He’s paying US tax rates and he’ll have much more stringent labour laws if he has anyone working for/with him.

Think bigger, hot toys has never and never will be a premium manufacturer, they have a great process to make what are genuinely good value 1/6 figures. Inart similarly are not “premium” they’re just as budget for their more elaborate processes such as rooting. None of their paint work is done by anyone notable, it’ll still be a factory process and things like their rooted hair will differ significantly piece to piece because there isn’t just one person doing it. Compare prices to mass produced items from Hong Kong with years and years of experience and processes and you’ll get a skewed reality, I fear your already too gone though lmao.

Quick hide the sister site https://customonesixth.com/

season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

If hot toys made it too, would you get that one or are you happy with your $2500 one no matter what?

Last edited by a moderator:
If hot toys made it too, would you get that one or are you happy with your $2500 one no matter what?

Which part of my post did you disagree with in particular? I

HT never made a 1989 Batwing and they never will.

If my opinions get a rise of people what can I do.

Buy what you want. Something a complete stranger says should not make people want to write walls of text defending bootlegs.

Last edited by a moderator:
HT never made a 1989 Batwing and they never will.

If my opinions get a rise of people what can I do.

Buy what you want. Something a complete stranger says should not make people want to write walls of text defending bootlegs.
Wait until you find out jaxon isn’t officially licensed too. Or more importantly that a significant amount of what Jazzinc do and has done in the past isn’t officially licensed and therefor “bootleg” too.

Better yet, the disbelief you’ll feel when you hear that hot toys started out producing figures without the IPs, making their start as a business as “bootlegs” too.

Whether it’s officially licensed or not makes absolutely no difference to me. But which was the part you thought was bull on my previous reply sorry?

Wait until you find out jaxon isn’t officially licensed too. Or more importantly that a significant amount of what Jazzinc do and has done in the past isn’t officially licensed and therefor “bootleg” too.

Better yet, the disbelief you’ll feel when you hear that hot toys started out producing figures without the IPs, making their start as a business as “bootlegs” too.

Whether it’s officially licensed or not makes absolutely no difference to me. But which was the part you thought was bull on my previous reply sorry?

The whole custom simpin’.

Enjoy your $300 bootleg heads. I’m glad they make some of you feel superior.

What's with all the OT hate recently? I understand his prices aren't for everyone but one can't deny the quality of his work.

Personally very happy with the two capes and Begins sculpt I've purchased from him. If you don't his products/prices/service that's cool but no need to get personal.
customer service is pretty abysmal. i dont think anyone is hating his prices, they're fine for what they are or what you would expect. I'm not phased by his pricing, its how he handles the business end that bugs me. countless and I mean countless of guys in this hobby have been burned, whether its a lack of communication or outright not even getting replied through emails. i got two friends specifically that have had almost radio silence from to. it doesn't he lp either that he seems to close off a good chunk of communication to his customers via IG dms, unless he does that now. no clue if it is, dude blocked me because I offered feedback to him about customer feedback and he got a hissy fit and soft blocked me (months ago) but permanently blocked now lol

guy blocks anyone who even remotely gives him criticism. he's a known lurker on all platforms. he sniffs you criticize him on social media, he's gonna dig through dirt to find other handles that belong to you and block you lol petty af

Last edited:
As somebody who's involved in the creative space, it's frustrating when creative work gets diminished.

Photographers, painters, designers, sculptors etc.. the work they do takes more than years of skill, practice, and hard work. It takes knowledge and study.

I always say, a person is not an artist by what he does, but by what he feels. A painter paints with his heart. And only uderstanding that can grant you a real enjoyment and appreciation for the work he does.

Also, as Chopper said, spending the money on something that makes you happy isn't irresponsible so long as you have the essentials covered. Regardless, we're all stupid in the eyes of the majority, so condescending between ourselves about it is something else...

Personally, I lean very much towards the artistic space. Can you imagine a world without freedom of expression, where artists didn't exist?

What a shallow person you'd have to be to live an empty life and spend it working hours and paying bills.

Guy blocks anyone who even remotely gives him criticism. he's a known lurker on all platforms. he sniffs you criticize him on social media, he's gonna dig through dirt to find other handles that belong to you and block you lol petty af
Maybe he should use the time to respond to some customers. lol.

i dont think anyone ever questioned his pricing or quality of work, to me it's likely the best custom cowl for dx19 that exists
For sure. His painted eyes are also freaky real looking.

IMG_3028.jpeg

As far as durability tests go, I’ve purchased both painted/finished and unpainted pieces from him, handled the hell out of them sanding and painting and don’t find his pieces any more, or less, durable than any other custom 3D printed works at this scale. And let’s not kid ourselves, Hot Toys releases are riddled with fragile, breakable, decomposing, staining, etc occurrences. It’s pretty common at this scale. Heck even my first DX19 arrived new with a big shiny spot on his codpiece from the packing materials rubbing off the finish.

Last edited:
For sure. His painted eyes are also freaky real looking.

View attachment 703103

As far as durability tests go, I’ve purchased both painted/finished and unpainted pieces from him, handled the hell out of them sanding and painting and don’t find his pieces any more, or less, durable than any other custom 3D printed works at this scale. And let’s not kid ourselves, Hot Toys releases are riddled with fragile, breakable, decomposing, staining, etc occurrences. It’s pretty common at this scale. Heck even my first DX19 arrived new with a big shiny spot on his codpiece from the packing materials rubbing off the finish.
unsure if its actually painted, unlikely for the eyes. i just chalked it up to good use of decals

my only main concern while handling the cowl is how thin the sticks are for the eyes. they're super thin and I feel they might break very easy. everything else is fine for what it is, assuming its a resin cast or print. the magnet head piece is not 100% fixed to the cowl and I'm guessing there's a reason why specifically, its just tacked inside

i dont think anyone ever questioned his pricing or quality of work, to me it's likely the best custom cowl for dx19 that exists
No, people directly were questioning his pricing previously, as they were comparing to the jaxon begins sculpt and saying how awful value the ot custom one is, on top of saying anyone that spends $300 on a sculpt is stupid.

Only hearing from word of mouth about peoples experiences will always only give a fraction of the picture, the only people that actually will leave reviews and talk about their experiences are both ends of the spectrum at being very happy and having great service or being annoyed and having subpar service. Most that have an “okay” experience aren’t going to bother with a review as they won’t feel strongly either way.

people will always compare stuff. hot toys, inart, customs, third party. people can purchase whatever they like, so they shouldn't let other people's words bother those who purchased custom stuff.

some friends give me **** for spending 500usd alone to fix a few pair of shoes and hands, but I don't see it as an issue just as long as I'm happy with the result

personally, I had an okay experience with oaty, its just everyone else having issues around me that makes it an issue for me because I feel bad for moving people towards that direction because I feel I'm partly to blame for not telling them to avoid when I had the chance. seeing all of the complaints people have of him is more than enough to warrant me telling others to avoid him

Back