Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see this being a monster in space or origins of life movie from the description. I'm hoping more for that "glorified episode of Twilight Zone" as mentioned earlier. Nothing wrong with that at all. I love the Twilight Zone!

I don't see this being a monster in space or origins of life movie from the description. I'm hoping more for that "glorified episode of Twilight Zone" as mentioned earlier. Nothing wrong with that at all. I love the Twilight Zone!

That would work...but monsters sell!

Yes, but Nolan is really into the psychology of characters. You could mix monsters into a psychological thriller but that really takes away from the character study. Any guesses when this would come out? The script isn't even finished yet. Is 2015 being too unrealistic?

Yes, but Nolan is really into the psychology of characters. You could mix monsters into a psychological thriller but that really takes away from the character study. Any guesses when this would come out? The script isn't even finished yet. Is 2015 being too unrealistic?

So make a psychological monster:wink1:

I have a feeling we won't know much about this until it comes out just as we knew so little about Inception when it hit. Or at least I didn't as I didn't seek out spoilers. But I didn't have to avoid the Internet like the plague like some of us did with TDKR...

bump. :D.....

:hi5:

I tried reading about Kip Thorne's theories and studies to see what this movie could possibly be about. Didn't Crichton's "Sphere" deal with black hole time travel? Was that based on this guy's work? Does this guy have anything unique to say about the matter I didn't learn in highschool/college physics from Einstein?

I'm wondering what genre this will be. I'm hoping its going to blend several together. I want a psychological thriller like "Memento," a sci-fi story worthy of Crichton, I want an action-adventure romp through dimensions and time like "Inception," and I want a horror like "Event Horizon" (empty scary place instead of a monster; fear of unknown, crew turning on eachother, etc).

I also want a very electronic score like we got with "Inception." The video game series "Mass Effect" has a nice retro-electronica score. Do it Hans! Do it!

Oh, and one last thing for the uninitiated. Nolan's favorite films include the likes of 2001, Blade Runner, Star Wars, and some movie I've never been able to find called The Black Hole. Expect influences from any or all of these movies!

Staring:

Michael Caine

Marion Cotillard

Tom Hardy

Cillian Murphy

Ken Wannabe

Lets not forget this guy:

jgl-definitive-gif.gif

Lets not forget this guy:

jgl-definitive-gif.gif

That's. Awesome.

Hey, what character roles will we see in is? We'll be sure to have another great ensemble cast filling the roles on the spaceship. I'm hoping for a small crew on a small claustrophobic ship much like in "Alien."

I absolutely LOVE chrichton's novels and Sphere is an all time favourite

Too bad the film wasn't good

Would love something that melds some of those ideas with Nolans psychological thriller instinct

November 7, 2014 :yess:

Deadline.com said:
The much anticipated sci-fi film will be released in theaters and IMAX beginning November 7, 2014. Paramount will distribute domestically while Warner Bros Pictures will release internationally. This rare move by two major studios demonstrates how hot a project Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar is in the movie marketplace. Today’s announcement was surprising as Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros Pictures don’t do business together on major films. But Interstellar will be co-produced and distributed by the two studios, with Paramount Pictures handling domestic distribution and Warner Bros Pictures distributing the film internationally. Just as interesting, this is a Nolan film that Warner Bros’ financial partner Legendary Pictures will not be associated with after helping bankroll his Batman trilogy as well as his Inception. Directed and written by Academy Award-nominee Nolan, pic is based on a script by Jonathan Nolan. The film will be produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas of Syncopy Films and Lynda Obst of Lynda Obst Productions. Kip Thorne will executive produce. The film will depict a heroic interstellar voyage to the furthest reaches of our scientific understanding:

Brad Grey, Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures said, “As a filmmaker and storyteller, Chris has continuously entertained the world with his extraordinary and unparalleled talents. I am pleased beyond measure to welcome him to the Paramount Pictures family. Partnering with Chris, Emma, Lynda and Warner Bros. to release this original idea next November is the perfect way to start the Thanksgiving and holiday movie season for audiences around the world.”

Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group, said, “Christopher Nolan is truly one of the great auteurs working in film today, and we’re extremely proud of our successful and ongoing collaboration with him and Emma Thomas. We are excited to be teaming with Paramount, and look forward to working with the Nolans, and producer Lynda Obst, on this extraordinary new project.”

https://www.deadline.com/2013/03/christopher-nolans-interstellar-to-be-paramount-warner-bros-co-production-and-joint-distribution/

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Faster than I expected! I can't wait to hear casting announcements and see the teaser. This is probably going to turn out to be my most anticipated film once those things start popping up. But it's hard to speculate beyond what we've speculated without knowing more details about the story.

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Faster than I expected! I can't wait to hear casting announcements and see the teaser. This is probably going to turn out to be my most anticipated film once those things start popping up. But it's hard to speculate beyond what we've speculated without knowing more details about the story.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Back