Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got the standard edition on the friday the same week as the U.S.. apparantly it's meant to have a soundtrack and a replica of the God mask as one exec twittered. But no one's seen anything about it

Unless they did same stuff with other game companies who release a CE of a game, and only do it in the US.

Maybe some info will pop up this weekend with the Tokyo Game Show going on.

Fingers crossed, if not I'll just wait till my parents are in the states in November and get them to pick the U.S. version up.
It has suprised me that there doesn't seem to be a lot of excitement for the game, here at least anyway.

Does anyone have any idea which system the game is being developed on? (optimized for 360 hardware, ported to ps3?). I really want to make sure I get it on the right system.

Sorry to go back to the Collectors Edition thing again, I stopped into game, they have a collectors edition on their schedule for the same day as the release but they have no idea what's actually in it.

Does anyone have any idea which system the game is being developed on? (optimized for 360 hardware, ported to ps3?). I really want to make sure I get it on the right system.

I'd like to know as well. I have it on my Gamefly for the PS3, but with my luck it'll be a horrible port and I'll end up crying myself to sleep wishing I got the 360 version.

I'd like to know as well. I have it on my Gamefly for the PS3, but with my luck it'll be a horrible port and I'll end up crying myself to sleep wishing I got the 360 version.

I actually went to Gamestop and reserved BOTH collectors editions just to be safe. Hopefully, some comparisons and reviews will be up before the release date so I can choose accordingly.

There's a new Castlevania coming out? Never been into Castlevania ever.

Are you a noob, Starkiller? This is the type of post I expect from noobs, which you are not.

As for Castlevania, Konami has worn down the once vaunted name of this franchise, treating it like a $10 hooker. But I hope this new game reinvigorates the series.

Are you a noob, Starkiller? This is the type of post I expect from noobs, which you are not.

As for Castlevania, Konami has worn down the once vaunted name of this franchise, treating it like a $10 hooker. But I hope this new game reinvigorates the series.

Ha I don't follow Castlevania so shoot me, but normally I even know when a big release is coming out. I could never ever get into it. I think it being so japanese and the anime thing and all really turned me off to it?

I am a Castlevania noob by choice I guess then Plasmid. It's one of those things I will never get I guess.

Castlevania didn't adopt the anime style until the series moved onto the Nintendo DS. Before 2006, the art was a very gothic painterly style.

I have franchise fatigue with Castlevania. There's been too many of them in recent years, and a lot of them have been mediocre. This new one looks different though.

Castlevania didn't adopt the anime style until the series moved onto the Nintendo DS. Before 2006, the art was a very gothic painterly style.

I have franchise fatigue with Castlevania. There's been too many of them in recent years, and a lot of them have been mediocre. This new one looks different though.

:goodpost::goodpost: While I enjoy the DS games, yes Konami has seemingly whored themselves out which has watered down the Castlevania games of late.

I could never ever get into it. I think it being so japanese and the anime thing and all really turned me off to it?

It far less "Japanese" than MGS series. What, with the quirky homosexual jokes, panty-shots, and fanboy "video-camera sexy party time with the girls(beauty and the beast unit).

If you play some of the older games(depending on old you are), there really is no japanese/anime feel to it since the graphics are so antiquated.

Castlevania
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Castlevania 3
Super Castlevania
Castlevania: Bloodlines

Are all games I suggest you play before you die.

Yea I suppose I never got into the series before that and once I saw all of that on the DS I was like no thank you.

It far less "Japanese" than MGS series. What, with the quirky homosexual jokes, panty-shots, and fanboy "video-camera sexy party time with the girls(beauty and the beast unit).

If you play some of the older games(depending on old you are), there really is no japanese/anime feel to it since the graphics are so antiquated.

Castlevania
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Castlevania 3
Super Castlevania
Castlevania: Bloodlines

Are all games I suggest you play before you die.

I love MGS but all the stuff you listed for me at last is what I like least about the series. I fell in love with the first for it's cinematic presentation, the story, and the awesome bosses. As the series progress the plots got more convoluted and the presentation more ridiculous.

Back