Statue Captain America Lifesize Bust..Link to buy in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of the poor mold area. Anyone else have this on theirs?

P1010292.jpg
[/IMG]

So I got mine today and it looks all around amazing although there are some QC issues I noticed. Around my Cap's right ear there is a dark color on his mask that isn't present on the other side. Almost like a residue. The camera doesn't catch it well unfortunately. Also there were some paint app issues in two spots. One on the top of the head where it looks almost like an extra dab of paint was placed and behind the right ear which a paint bubble can be seen. I'm going to be shipping mine back for an exchange. I'm probably being super picky but this being my first bust and a pretty expensive piece I think I want to make sure I get as flawless a statue as I can.

I like the coffee cans on the top left! J/K :D

Great setup! :rock

P.S. Second to the right is the greatest bust of ALL TIME!!!!!

Ski

So I got mine today and it looks all around amazing although there are some QC issues I noticed. Around my Cap's right ear there is a dark color on his mask that isn't present on the other side. Almost like a residue. The camera doesn't catch it well unfortunately. Also there were some paint app issues in two spots. One on the top of the head where it looks almost like an extra dab of paint was placed and behind the right ear which a paint bubble can be seen. I'm going to be shipping mine back for an exchange. I'm probably being super picky but this being my first bust and a pretty expensive piece I think I want to make sure I get as flawless a statue as I can.

If you think it's really picky you may wanna keep it, you could start getting replacements with real QC issues. Just saying....with SS best not to open pandoras box. I sent a Spidey back 4 times before I got a mint statue.

even with all these minor production flaws, all SS is going to do is provide you with a full refund or you keep it. They will say its hand made and that they have taken out three other ones to compare and they are the same. Purchased two of them and they are the same quality with the same response from SS.

Cocopup,probably around $5000 total worth of Lifesize's sitting on that table

Most all my busts are either prototype samples, or Marvel internal samples. I don't know if it makes them significantly more valuable, but I have seen them go for 1.5-3X "normal" value. To me though it is not about the value of the pieces, but the art. And boy are they art :D

Hey guys here's some pics of my Cap Bust that I ordered from my LCS when I refused to accept due to poor paint on the abdomen the LCS said it looked fine to him. What do you guys think :cuckoo:

Hey guys here's some pics of my Cap Bust that I ordered from my LCS when I refused to accept due to poor paint on the abdomen the LCS said it looked fine to him. What do you guys think :cuckoo:

Yea that looks okay to me....hahaha just kidding bro.:lol

:slap Of course HELL NO!!!! Lets all HELL BREAK LOOSE!!

Tats a major defect and u shud get either full refund or new bust. U paid for a full price bust..not half assed made bust

Good luck bro :wave

Yea that looks okay to me....hahaha just kidding bro.:lol

:slap Of course HELL NO!!!! Lets all HELL BREAK LOOSE!!

Tats a major defect and u shud get either full refund or new bust. U paid for a full price bust..not half assed made bust

Good luck bro :wave

Dude it's funny cause I told him we did a review on this piece already so I know what it should look like let's see what happens next then I will expose the whole nonsense/shenanigan. :gah:

Dude it's funny cause I told him we did a review on this piece already so I know what it should look like let's see what happens next then I will expose the whole nonsense/shenanigan. :gah:

Yes ur voice is confirmed on my video...

If u want u can show him my video when i did 2nd review on my bust. I actually show all details on the bust.

looks ok, but even sideshow will say all the pieces are like this due to it being painted individually. ive already purchased two from SS with issues and ss shot both down stating either keep it or send it back.

Just checked mine, its not painted that way. These are hand painted though, they wont be identical.

Last edited:
Back