Statue Captain America Lifesize Bust..Link to buy in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys here's some pics of my Cap Bust that I ordered from my LCS when I refused to accept due to poor paint on the abdomen the LCS said it looked fine to him. What do you guys think :cuckoo:

It looks like someone painted the entire area beneath the blue white by mistake and then painted red over it and missed some areas.

looks ok, but even sideshow will say all the pieces are like this due to it being painted individually. ive already purchased two from SS with issues and ss shot both down stating either keep it or send it back.

That really sucks dude I got one with paint issues I couldn't imagine two with issues and no exchange the wo uldn't replace mine either with mine you have enlarging the pics to truly see how bad it is.:thud:

It looks like someone painted the entire area beneath the blue white by mistake and then painted red over it and missed some areas.

I'm no painter but you might be right good sir. It's just so visible I wanted to display Cap high above eye level but with that paint flaw he will be placed lower.

I'm no painter but you might be right good sir. It's just so visible I wanted to display Cap high above eye level but with that paint flaw he will be placed lower.

More excuse from SS with 'individual painting'. Just shows theres no quality control over their products...

More excuse from SS with 'individual painting'. Just shows theres no quality control over their products...

Yea it kills me that their statues can be SO amazing in design only to be ruined by the paint job (in some cases, not all). Unfortunately I was one of the folks who got a CAP bust with 4 defects on it and with as high a price tag that LSB's carry I simply couldn't overlook the issues and returned it.

I can't lie though defects and all, Cap is seriously an amazing statue...just wish mine would have came in better shape.

Yea it kills me that their statues can be SO amazing in design only to be ruined by the paint job (in some cases, not all). Unfortunately I was one of the folks who got a CAP bust with 4 defects on it and with as high a price tag that LSB's carry I simply couldn't overlook the issues and returned it.

I can't lie though defects and all, Cap is seriously an amazing statue...just wish mine would have came in better shape.

Wow! Just makes me appreciate mine that much more, glad I didn't get a defective one, I've had pretty good luck ordering directly from sideshow. Non of the statues I've received have had a break, crack, paint flaw, etc. Knock on wood.

Wow! Just makes me appreciate mine that much more, glad I didn't get a defective one, I've had pretty good luck ordering directly from sideshow. Non of the statues I've received have had a break, crack, paint flaw, etc. Knock on wood.

You sir are a lucky man and congrats on the great pickup. Please note not all statues I've ordered from SSC have had defects, but I've def have my fair share.

This time around I think I was just in the small percentage of the unlucky few. Oh well you win some you loose some :)

Last week i got replacements for both left and right wings and i had to destroy my old ones...so i did.

then i had a DREAM to make my life size cap bust looking more real..so i decided to make him more steel looking. hahaha..

This is all hand painted, after 24 hours of epoxy glue then sanding it down, smoothen it out, applied primer, use acrylics 5 diff colors and walla...... I wanted to create old Rusty Steel looking wings on him..i mean afterall these wars he got no time to polish 'em wings right?? haha...

i knw i m no expert but i certainly enjoy what i was doing. I hope this isnt so bad at all...let me knw guys what u think

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

hey GUYS.... last time i put too much alclad coat and ended up with silver color instead..GRRR

but this time i applied thin layer and end up with excellent Chrome!. next will be making this battle damaged effect.

let me knw what u guys think...silver or chrome better??

THIS IS REAL CHROME WITH MIX OF GOLD TINT

PS: i tried so many shots but since i have no natural light (taken at night)..so i tried best capturing the glossiness

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

Back