Call of Duty 5 (World at War)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well looks like it was my 360 afterall..the day after this game began to freeze.. i go to turn on my xbox and get a lovely surprise!

This is my 6th xbox 360!! that's right i said 6th!!! looks like ill be going for lucky number 7!!!!!!!!! what a joke!!!!!!!!! micro^^^^!!!!!

have a look:

7th?! Do a cooling mod man! Cut a hole on top and install a huge PC fan or something...

well looks like it was my 360 afterall..the day after this game began to freeze.. i go to turn on my xbox and get a lovely surprise!

This is my 6th xbox 360!! that's right i said 6th!!! looks like ill be going for lucky number 7!!!!!!!!! what a joke!!!!!!!!! micro^^^^!!!!!

have a look:

Just curious, do you keep sending back the same unit?

Just curious, do you keep sending back the same unit?

no.. it has always been a different unit!!!! that's why it's more frustrating!! this one i've had for a year and a half with no problems until now!

i've displayed it standing up, sideways..inside the shelf..out of it..nothing makes a differences! what a joke this is! the 7th time!!! unbelieveable!

i am leaving today for vacation so i won't be able to get another one until i return at the end of the month...i don't even think this is covered under warranty anymore!! it's soo frustrating!!

7th?! Do a cooling mod man! Cut a hole on top and install a huge PC fan or something...

i found a local place that will fix this problem for $50...if microsoft won't do anything! they add a small mod to make the fan move faster so i cools more

i'm not even sure what to do.. i might just buy the elite 360 cause i haven't heard of any problems with them yet

have a look:

LOL, you would think after 6 you would just throw in the towel stop giving them money and get a PS3. You may not have some of the exclusives but you won't got through 2 of them let alone 7.

LOL< I love killing everyone on the other team in S&D, too bad I couldn't use my artillery strike. Oh well 11 and 4 ain't bad. :) Especially when my last 5 kills happen in the last round, and we were tied. So I pulled it out for the team and wasted everyone on the other team, man that always gets me pumped.

picking this up tonight. i had it before, but gave it to a buddy of mine before i moved, so if anyone wants to play some zombie killers or regular multiplayer, let me know.

PS3 or 360???

360...it's a little difficult because its a korean version of the game. I also have to do a bunch of crap to get points to my korean account so i can download the maps to play on my US account. It's all very convoluted and I'm pissed its so difficult. I'll get a friend to help me buy some points in korea to hopefully circumvent any region issues regarding points.

I went back to play some COD:WAW on the PS3. Wow, so different between both consoles. I

On W@W on the 360 you can view a lobby leader board, you unfortunately can't do this on PS3. Party chat is convenient, due to not wanting to hear 12 year olds act tough. You can only view the friends stats that are online in the PS3, where as on the 360 I can see all my friends regardless of if they are online or not. The general game play is the same. Though I think the 360 effects edge out the PS3 slightly. But the 360 hurts my eyes more than the PS3 does.

When a host leaves on the PS3 you get disconnected from the game and the lobby closes. On the 360 the lobby stays and all players stay but it migrates to a new host with ease.

Only draw back is party chat in S&D ruins the mode sometimes, due to dead teammates telling other teammates where you are. And the batteries...man the PS3 is so much more convenient where you just plug and play and no need to buy any batteries...not too mention the online is free. So the 360 is a more expensive console to own. The PS3 wins hands down in the controller department which is smooth as butter. The controls alone are worth getting the PS3 version tho. I'm so conflicted.

Last edited:
Looks like there's yet another map pack coming, with a new zombie map included. I haven't even gotten the first two. :lol

<embed src='https://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14222038&downloadURL=https://xboxlivemovies.ign.com/xboxlive/video/article/100/1008371/codwaw_trl_der_riese_72809_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed><div style='width:433;'><a href='https://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14222038.html'>Call of Duty: World at War at IGN.com</a></div>

Back