Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defiantly the shirt and cape need fixing. The only real bother I am having is the hat. I do not know why the molded hat is bugging me. Maybe because the designs on the hat seem too ?toy like? ?
Yeah it also looks smaller then what I remember.

Defiantly the shirt and cape need fixing. The only real bother I am having is the hat. I do not know why the molded hat is bugging me. Maybe because the designs on the hat seem too ?toy like? ?

Yeah not that you mention it, the crown does look a bit smaller and shorter than it was on the proto. Which is probably also what is making the head look so much bigger now. :(

x_bw903713_j.jpg

...Or it could just be another case of a bad photo and futzing. The hat and proportions seem to look a lot better in this shot from earlier.

More images of Zorro by Unchrom0313 on FB. Seriously this turned out great I can't wait. View attachment 486037

Yeah not that you mention it, the crown does look a bit smaller and shorter than it was on the proto. Which is probably also what is making the head look so much bigger now. :(

View attachment 487627

...Or it could just be another case of a bad photo and futzing. The hat and proportions seem to look a lot better in this shot from earlier.

Yea the hat does seem a little shorter in the final figure so definitely could be why the head seems larger but again it could be bad angles too as the pic you reposted from earlier seems the best one so far. Ugh I have never been so torn on deciding for a figure. If it wasn?t for the high cost of this figure I would jump on it as I can?t see myself paying more then $220 for this figure as far as value. But then when would zorro come up again.? Hot toys sure won?t me making one that?s for sure.

Finally a real review of The Zorro.

Thanks for posting.

Like he says, it's a pretty mixed bag from the very good to the mediocre. The plastic belt, sword strap, and dagger scabbard look fairly cheap. However, this was likely for longevity the way CooModel shifted from pleather to plastic (at least for a time). On display they're probably not going to stand out so much.

Hmmmm while I don?t know what he said in the review... the sculpts seem disappointing honestly and I have been really looking forward to this as I Love the first movie and always wanted a figure of Zorro from that movie. Still have not made my final decision but that price tag is way to high which is why it?s troubling me to purchase it.

My tracking status finally changed after 10 days.

Seems like Zorro's moved from SpeedPAK's parcel mountain into Royal Mail's parcel mountain.

View attachment 487603
Hmm, so you?re in the uk I presume and are getting yours via SpeedPak but KGHobby are telling me there?s a size limit to the UK which is why mine was returned to them and I now have to wait until other services resume.

The sculpts are disappointing especially for a licensed figure.
To be honest the masked hs resembles banderas a whole lot better than the unmasked hs.
If this figure was at the $160-$200 range and unlicensed, it would be worth it,
but paying $300 for that kind of sculpts is unjustifiable to me.

Hmm, so you?re in the uk I presume and are getting yours via SpeedPak but KGHobby are telling me there?s a size limit to the UK which is why mine was returned to them and I now have to wait until other services resume.

It's a weird situation.

I have another SpeedPAK on the way from KGH (HT Jawa and Gonk) which is progressing through the system in Hong Kong, and gone through all the stages except for departing the country.

The other weird thing with SpeedPAK is that OneSixthKit said he couldn't use it because it was reserved for Ebay use only. Maybe that's the issue rather than the parcel size itself?

Don't know how SpeedPAK would tell either way, unless there was some barcode on the label that connected it to an Ebay sale.

The sculpts are disappointing especially for a licensed figure.
To be honest the masked hs resembles banderas a whole lot better than the unmasked hs.
If this figure was at the $160-$200 range and unlicensed, it would be worth it,
but paying $300 for that kind of sculpts is unjustifiable to me.

Yep. From the posted vid:

zorro.jpg

Not sure I'd even know who the unmasked was. To me the masked face looks kinda puffy - tho at a slight angle think it looks OK. Maybe it's better in hand. Dunno re the unmasked how much is not-great paint.

Sux that this may be the only 1/6 Zorro from this movie. Sorta thought about cancelling. Guess I'll hold off. My first Blitzway fig and not blown away.:pfft: Stuff like not having 2-part boots for posing bugs me too. Happy I had a coupon and a few RPs - paying full price - unless you are a Zorro collector - would *&^%$ me off.

Yeah, unmasked sculpt seems softer and less distinct, masked sculpt seems puffy. Too overpriced to me.

Yep. From the posted vid:

View attachment 487645

Not sure I'd even know who the unmasked was. To me the masked face looks kinda puffy - tho at a slight angle think it looks OK. Maybe it's better in hand. Dunno re the unmasked how much is not-great paint.

Sux that this may be the only 1/6 Zorro from this movie. Sorta thought about cancelling. Guess I'll hold off. My first Blitzway fig and not blown away.:pfft: Stuff like not having 2-part boots for posing bugs me too. Happy I had a coupon and a few RPs - paying full price - unless you are a Zorro collector - would *&^%$ me off.

Sucks because the prototype looked really good and the promotional pics. I still can not decide to buy or not. I thought blitz way would be good after seeing the ghostbusters and those I wish I bought that was a regret. But this seems a step back. Maybe it?s so hard for everyone to buy because of the high price tag? That?s why I am having trouble. I think the high price is probably was a expensive license maybe?

Short-term memory, it seems. Have we all forgotten the past month in this thread?

Good photos = figure looks good

Bad photos = figure looks bad

Last edited:
I think no matter how you cut it the final product is a definite downgrade from what was initially shown. The sculpts in particular are just not great at all. Like mentioned that unmasked portrait I’d have a hard time knowing who it even is supposed to be of if I didn’t know who it’s meant to be. It almost looks like a figure from a third party manufacturer rather than a licensed one. The sculpts are just not great. Looks to be a miss from Blitzway.

Back