Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

just looked at the gallery pics of this one and didn't even notice the alternate portrait. :horror

think ssc could've done a bit more for the swap out head but overall a good looking piece imo.
not sure if i'm ordering though:dunno

same here, never got the ML PF since i already had the WETA version and the PF doesn't touch it imo.

Kinda hard to talk about a piece you don't own but, ehh.. I got em both.. they might be the same character but they are both very different in their presentation.

Honestly I would most likely sell the Weta version before the PF..

Me too! :hi5: My collecting days are over for the most part; but I am in it for the long haul with the PF line and Dinosauria. :yess:

But you have a damn fine collection as is......

No LOTR PF excl. has ever had an ES under 500......I would have been very surprised if this one had been any different.

The only one I ordered from SSC is Gollum PF--All my others I got from Freaks---Did not know the ES was 500

Kinda hard to talk about a piece you don't own but, ehh.. I got em both.. they might be the same character but they are both very different in their presentation.

Honestly I would most likely sell the Weta version before the PF..

But you have a damn fine collection as is......
I already sold the Weta a couple years ago. It is a great piece, but I lost interest in the line. I definitely plan on picking up the Morgy PF sometime soon.

just looked at the gallery pics of this one and didn't even notice the alternate portrait. :horror

think ssc could've done a bit more for the swap out head but overall a good looking piece imo.
not sure if i'm ordering though:dunno

A helmeted EX head would have really been the orc's spork. :lecture

that's what i was expecting to see, i guess that's why i totally missed the swap out open/closed mouth heads the first time i looked at it.:lecture

As did I while looking at the reveal quickly.

The ES while somewhat standard would be a better sell no question if it were more than the hammer and a portrait that isn't all that different. At one time I had both of the Moria Orc PFs displayed (helmeted and non) and they looked really nice together; I don't think you can achieve that much variety with this PF.

:lol Much obliged... jerk! :)

No problemo. :lol

-----------------------------

As far as the ES being a bit high? I don't think so. If you go too low I think its kind of pointless to make unless its supposed to be something "uber" rare. So this makes it "collectible" enough but not over the top too many.

Sorry guys, I'm a bit late to this party :wave...Exclusive ordered :yess:...like so many of you, I would have really liked the ex head to be helemeted :(...wonder if we all made a request to SS would they think about changing it? A bit like the request for the completion of the 9 in PF :yess:. May be a bit late for that though. :( What do you think?

All-in-all I love the pose & sculpt and I am more than happy to add this very nice piece to my collection. :clap

:duff
Bill

Wow..I wake up and all this thread is about is helmeted heads and sporks (and orc sporks no less). This has gone downhill very fast. :rotfl:eek:

Sorry guys, I'm a bit late to this party :wave...Exclusive ordered :yess:...like so many of you, I would have really liked the ex head to be helmeted :(...wonder if we all made a request to SS would they think about changing it? A bit like the request for the completion of the 9 in PF :yess:. May be a bit late for that though. :( What do you think?

All-in-all I love the pose & sculpt and I am more than happy to add this very nice piece to my collection. :clap

:duff
Bill

:impatient: I was starting to think you'ld forgotten about this thread. :wink1:

I don't think there's a hope of SS adding a helm, but I will put in a request. Fortunately, I don't think customizing one of the heads by adding a SSW 1/4 Orc helm would be too difficult.....at least I hope not because that's what I intend to do. :)

Decided not to get it....

Waiting until Saruman comes out...

Well you've got a bit of a wait on your hands, but at least you know it's coming.

Monday, January 10th, 2011

Question : Is there any possibility of a Sauron Premium Format and/or a Saruman? I was unfortunate enough to miss all of your previous Sauron products because I just recently discovered Sideshow.

Answer : Yup. Saruman and Sauron have just officially graduated from the candidate list to the confirmed, planned, product line-up for 2012. We’ll be collaborating with Jerry Vanderstelt on Sauron, who may or may not end up “officially” in the PF classification, but will be BIG.

I'm very interested to see is SS cheaps out on the material selection for the production pieces. Ever since the Christmas elf incident, I wont buy another LOTR PF till I see in hand pics. This piece seems to have the same material, especially when viewed from the back. The prototype pics look great though.

maybe from here on out, for the Orcs they'll consider helmeted heads for the ex. I mean the snarling face is cool, but doesnt compare to a helmeted head. Still may pick this up down the road sometime depending on what other LOTR PFs hit around the corner.

I'm very interested to see is SS cheaps out on the material selection for the production pieces. Ever since the Christmas elf incident, I wont buy another LOTR PF till I see in hand pics. This piece seems to have the same material, especially when viewed from the back. The prototype pics look great though.

texture.jpg

2011-03-04_102325.png

SS hasn't "cheapened out" on PF material before or since the MO incident so I think you're safe. :wink1:

As for the material, both prototypes feature leather though the leather appears to be more smoother-looking [higher quality, you can actually see the grain] on the Moria Orc, whereas the leather on the back of the Mordor Orc appears to be rougher and obviously of a lesser quality. The Mordor Orc's leather, though different in colour, appears to be much more similar to that of the loincloth on the Berserker and Gollum PF's

Back