Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

:impatient: I was starting to think you'ld forgotten about this thread. :wink1:

I don't think there's a hope of SS adding a helm, but I will put in a request. Fortunately, I don't think customizing one of the heads by adding a SSW 1/4 Orc helm would be too difficult.....at least I hope not because that's what I intend to do. :)

'There never was much hope...only a fools hope' :wink1:

Yeah, the SSW 1/4 Orc helm could be a way to go. :clap

There may have some issues with the pony tail and ears though. :(

Look forward to seeing how you get on with that one Collin.

Make sure you let us know how it turns out. :pray:

:duff
Bill

'There never was much hope...only a fools hope' :wink1:

Yeah, the SSW 1/4 Orc helm could be a way to go. :clap

There may have some issues with the pony tail and ears though. :(

Look forward to seeing how you get on with that one Collin.

Make sure you let us know how it turns out. :pray:

Bill

I might be wrong, but with the large variety of helms to chose from the ears can probably be saved, though the ponytail definitely has to go. :lecture

Ex is done
I'm very delight to have this one as a part of mu Collection !!!!
i love the pose of statue look very awesome!!!!

It is true there is some customising potential with this. It is a great statue and a solid addition to the line and modding the existing helms to this is a really cool idea!
But I have decided to only get the Ringwraith on steed PF, Sauron PF and Witch King in true form PF's if they ever happen from this line.
I think it is all I need from now on.

I might be wrong, but with the large variety of helms to chose from the ears can probably be saved, though the ponytail definitely has to go. :lecture
True. I think I will do this to the gaping mouth portrait since I dig the EX head far better. It's a splendid idea so I'm ganking the hell out of it! Yoink!

The ex head should have been the reg and we should have got a helmed version to save the hassle.

(and I double posted...)

You may be right Collin, but I would take the combi tool to the helm before I would take it to the PF. :)

Have fun mate.

Bill

True. I think I will do this to the gaping mouth portrait since I dig the EX head far better. It's a splendid idea so I'm ganking the hell out of it! Yoink!

Agreed. I too may be "ganking' mine, once I find out what that means....:lol

You may be right Collin, but I would take the combi tool to the helm before I would take it to the PF. :)

Have fun mate.

Bill

Fortunately, we've got alot of time to think about it. :lecture

Pre-order for the Ex placed with SSC. But on Hindsight, I am a little worried about the stability of this statue in the long term. With the whole figure posed at almost 40 degrees angle and secured to the base at only a single point, the whole figure may start to slowly bend over and eventually either bend lower and lower or in the worst case just totally fall over.

Hope I m just being paranoid.

I'm very interested to see is SS cheaps out on the material selection for the production pieces. Ever since the Christmas elf incident, I wont buy another LOTR PF till I see in hand pics. This piece seems to have the same material, especially when viewed from the back. The prototype pics look great though.

Agreed. The difference between what was shown on the SS site and what the final statue turned out in reality is HUGE. The real fabric is cheap bright red pleather, not the subdued brown leather shown in the promotional materials. In SS photos, the brown painted fabric and leather sections match, but in reality, they clash and are very different colors.

The other SS orcs are phenomenal and well worth the money, they just really dropped the ball on the red pleather. That was the last time I pre-ordered anything from them.

Woodsy,
You must not own the statue, as the actual product looks nothing like the photos you are using. I would have been satisfied if the Orc outfit looked that good.

Agreed. The difference between what was shown on the SS site and what the final statue turned out in reality is HUGE. The real fabric is cheap bright red pleather, not the subdued brown leather shown in the promotional materials. In SS photos, the brown painted fabric and leather sections match, but in reality, they clash and are very different colors.

The other SS orcs are phenomenal and well worth the money, they just really dropped the ball on the red pleather. That was the last time I pre-ordered anything from them.

Woodsy,
You must not own the statue, as the actual product looks nothing like the photos you are using. I would have been satisfied if the Orc outfit looked that good.

I do own the statue and am well aware of the differences between the prototype and the finally product. That is why I have posted numerous before and after pic's in this thread. The pic's posted featuring the weathered, brown, genuine leather are SS's pre-prod. photo's removed from the website after they started shipping out the 'Santa' Orcs. The pic's I posted featuring the unweathered, red pleather are the post-prod. photo's that showed up after the fact.

I think it's pretty clear however, that based on the pic's I have provided the material on the back of the Mordor Orc is significantly different from that used on either the Moria Orc prototype or the final product.

Moria Orc Prototype

72101_press04-001.jpg

Moria Orc Final Product

1zlrixl.jpg

Mordor Orc Prototype

2011-03-04_102325.png

Last edited:
Pre-order for the Ex placed with SSC. But on Hindsight, I am a little worried about the stability of this statue in the long term. With the whole figure posed at almost 40 degrees angle and secured to the base at only a single point, the whole figure may start to slowly bend over and eventually either bend lower and lower or in the worst case just totally fall over.

Hope I m just being paranoid.

Don't worry toystales, if the SSW Uruk-Hai Scout Swordsman is anything to go by, this PF will be just fine.

I have the Uruk-Hai, he has been out for years and he is still perfect to this day.

Uruk-HaiScoutSwordsmas-1.jpg

Bill

Ya know looking at those photos on that piece I think the leather just simply didn't get weathered. I think if done weathered it would end up looking the same as what was originally shown. Either way it was a slip by Sideshow no doubt.

Don't worry toystales, if the SSW Uruk-Hai Scout Swordsman is anything to go by, this PF will be just fine.

I have the Uruk-Hai, he has been out for years and he is still perfect to this day.

Uruk-HaiScoutSwordsmas-1.jpg

Bill

Best SSW statue ever! :rock

Ya know looking at those photos on that piece I think the leather just simply didn't get weathered. I think if done weathered it would end up looking the same as what was originally shown. Either way it was a slip by Sideshow no doubt.

I think had SS had weathered the pleather of the final product it would have made a huge difference, but it still don't think it would have looked as good as the genuine leather of the prototype. :( And while I do agree SS really messed up on this one, it's never happened before or since, so I do find the concerns of some to be somewhat without merit. :dunno

Back