Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

They've more than proved that to me as far LOTR goes (I haven't seen other lines in person). Loved all of them up to now, even with a few nit picks here and there.
I've said it before: PF's are the flagship pieces and we know we are getting something special, so bring on the Fellowship SS. Don't be frightened, you can do it!!!! :wink1:

They are really nice for sure and like I said allow SS to show how well they can do that format.

I personally am going with the maquette line as I think that will be "the" line so to speak and its where I started my major jump into high end collecting. I think this is going to be a line Sideshow is gonna be able to show off how well they can do LOTR statues and add their little own personal mark on LOTR.

I'm all over this! Haven't been excited about a PF in a while.

They put the newsletter up earlier these days, right?

Gotcha - thanks bro. I'll just check later on tonight then.

SS said by 1 or 2 pm today for the newsletter....
Ah, cool. A bit early then. Thanks for the info. :)

By the way...
welcome_16.gif

TO THE FORUM, VAZ!!!

SS said by 1 or 2 pm today for the newsletter....

They said that last week for the Predator Bust pre-orders too. I didn't get mine until 11:30pm. I was able to get to it through their facebook page though, so if you don't get an email by 2-3, try there.

They said that last week for the Predator Bust pre-orders too. I didn't get mine until 11:30pm. I was able to get to it through their facebook page though, so if you don't get an email by 2-3, try there.
I always just log into the SS NL page about when it's supposed to go up, then refresh once in a while to see if it's up. That email always arrives way later than the time it is actually available.

And also, since I think I failed to welcome you properly yet...
welcome_16.gif

TO THE FORUM, DARKSIDER!!! :)

I always just log into the SS NL page about when it's supposed to go up, then refresh once in a while to see if it's up. That email always arrives way later than the time it is actually available.

Ah yes, there is always that too

And also, since I think I failed to welcome you properly yet...
welcome_16.gif

TO THE FORUM, DARKSIDER!!! :)

:) Haha, thanks buddy.

LUCKY DOG!!! I toiled for months over this and finally had no choice, but to drop the maquette line. :(

I hate your guts! :gah: ;)

Get in line! :lol

They are really nice for sure and like I said allow SS to show how well they can do that format.

I personally am going with the maquette line as I think that will be "the" line so to speak and its where I started my major jump into high end collecting. I think this is going to be a line Sideshow is gonna be able to show off how well they can do LOTR statues and add their little own personal mark on LOTR.

Agreed. And a huge plus as far as I'm concerned is the speed at which they are being produced, which so far is about twice as fast as the PF line. I think by the time SS gets around to producing a really solid collection of about 25-30 PF's most of us will be dead and buried or well on the way. :rip

Last edited:

The speed so far is a good thing with the maquette line. Not too fast but fast enough we've got a few in the pipeline.

The speed so far is a good thing with the maquette line. Not too fast but fast enough we've got a few in the pipeline.

True, and not so fast that the quality is compromised. :lecture

Agreed! Can't wait to get Aragorn and see how the production piece came out to what I saw at Comic-Con.

Ditto. It wasn't an easy decision, because that line looks incredible. It's more of a 1/4 scale vs. any other scale thing... that, and lack of $$$ and space. :eek:

So other than scale, money, and space.....what's holding you back? :wink1: :lol

Agreed! Can't wait to get Aragorn and see how the production piece came out to what I saw at Comic-Con.

Fortunately, we won't have to wait much longer to find out :yess:

He looks interesting, but after getting burned on the Moria Orc, I'm waiting until there are production photos before I even think about ordering this. Like others have said, I also wish the second head was significantly different than the first with a helmet or something.

He looks interesting, but after getting burned on the Moria Orc, I'm waiting until there are production photos before I even think about ordering this. Like others have said, I also wish the second head was significantly different than the first with a helmet or something.

I can't see SS putting red pleather pants on this one, or any other LOTR collectible ever again, but I understand your reservations. Unfortunately, by the time the post-prod. pic's get posted I think your chances of getting the excl. will be slim and none.

Fortunately, we won't have to wait much longer to find out :yess:

I know! Besides Galadriel PF that I won during Spook its been a long while since I got something LOTR in my collection.

Back