Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mordor Orc PF

It is a cool looking piece and I think it will be one of those that comes with switch out hands and a helmet head, but I'll pass....

I'm trying to focus on German trooper, Terminator 1 PF and Pred LSB.....

can only afford so much.... :(

Maybe there is a switch out head also, the mouths are different between the statue and the concept drawing.

Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

I'm sure it'll be pretty cool but thankfully this one doesn't interest me.

Would of been happier if they showed the Gimli maquette instead. Also looks like the eyes are messed up.

I saw that too but c'mon...... it's an orc. They're allowed to have wonky eyes!

I think it looks great, and much, MUCH better than the sketches we saw. More armour, more Mordor looking and less Haradrim looking. PF collectors now have all the different types of orc..... a Goblin of Moria, and Uruk-Hai of Isengard, and an orc of Mordor.

Is it just me or does it seem to be lacking in the way of "mixed media"?
I know that we can't see the whole figure yet, but there should at least be some cloth in what we can see. For example, the sleeve on the left shoulder appears to be sculpted.
I do like the orc itself, but I hope that there is more to the whole PF than just a tattered leatherish loin cloth thrown on. I'll have to see the whole thing before I pass further judgement.

Yet another great facial sculpt as far as I can see so far :clap

Like Mike, I'll hold off further judgement till March 1st. :impatient:

Bill

Are we sure thats an axe, it kind of looks like a war hammer of some sort. Im not really digging the hair, id prefer him bald if anything, gives him that more monster/demon look imo. I'll wait to make full judgement when i see the full reveal. I really want to see how his armored skirt is going to look also.

You're correct, I don't know why I was thinking axe when clearly it's a mallet/hammer. :cuckoo:

It is a cool looking piece and I think it will be one of those that comes with switch out hands and a helmet head, but I'll pass....

I'm trying to focus on German trooper, Terminator 1 PF and Pred LSB.....

can only afford so much.... :(

Maybe there is a switch out head also, the mouths are different between the statue and the concept drawing.

A switch out head is possible and I would be all for it, but we've seen no indication of that so far. As for the mouth, it's impossible to say how much or little it differs from the conceptual art based on the angles we have at our disposal, but even if it does differ greatly that is no indication of a 2nd head. Statues are based on conceptual art, they are no exact copies of conceptual art.

look great can't wait to see more of it

This looks good. But I will need to look at more pictures next Tuesday to decide if I am going to plonk down the expected NRD for that Exclusive Edition piece.

If the Exclusive is a switch-out head and/or hand with different weapons, then I am on-board. Otherwise, I will go the Local Retailer route to save on shipping.

Is it just me or does it seem to be lacking in the way of "mixed media"?I know that we can't see the whole figure yet, but there should at least be some cloth in what we can see. For example, the sleeve on the left shoulder appears to be sculpted.
I do like the orc itself, but I hope that there is more to the whole PF than just a tattered leatherish loin cloth thrown on. I'll have to see the whole thing before I pass further judgement.

Since 'mixed media' can mean just about anything it's really hard to say to what extent this PF meets that criteria. Gollum features nothing more than a leather loincloth and the Berserker isn't much better with the loincloth and metal sword being the only 'mixed media' components.

The sculpted clothing on the shoulders is not unprecedented either. The Moria Orc PF also featured some sculpted clothing and in light of the unweathered bright red pleather they slapped on that one I wish the whole thing had been sculpted. I can see this one featuring a bit of leather [loincloth or belt] or metal [swords or belt buckle], but that's about it, so I'm afraid you may be a bit disappointed in the final product....I guess we'll find out on Tues.

On a sidenote....when SS launched this line they specifically mentioned the use of metal armour though to date they have never used it on a PF statue. I don't expect that trend to change anytime soon. :(

Last edited:

Looks good. I'm sure it will be a nice piece but it's nothing I'm going to get it. PFs for me are reserved for absolutely key characters.

I'll save my money for the RWOS pf.

orc.jpg

Concept art shows daggers / short swords in each hand vs. what appears to be an ax or mallet in the teaser. Unless Sideshow has changed it up, that appears to be the EXs.

Are we sure thats an axe, it kind of looks like a war hammer of some sort.

You're correct, I don't know why I was thinking axe when clearly it's a mallet/hammer. :cuckoo:

I like that the second weapon is a mallet / club (not polished enoughed to be called a war hammer, IMO). We've seem plenty of edged /bladed weapons with the LOTR PFs / maquettes. I'd like to see differint weapons that we haven't seen before on a PF. Bring on Uruk-Hai Pikesman and Crossbowman PFs, Sideshow.

Man, just from the preview I can already tell this one is going to be a winner. I think this one will make up for my dissapointment with the Morgul Lord & will go great with my collection. Orcs FTW :rock

So far I'm on board. Unlike usual, I will wait for full product pics before making further judgement. :lol Although I like the Moria Orc so I see no reason why I wouldn't like this one.

Bit racist ;)

No more so than Gandlaf the White. :nana:

I love these expanded sneak peeks. Karma used to do this all the time though I could never figure out how he was able to gain access to these expanded images....come to think of it, he used to post SS's preview pic's upwards of 5+ minutes before SS posted them on their own website. I miss those days....:monkey2

Back