Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format.

I like that the second weapon is a mallet / club (not polished enoughed to be called a war hammer, IMO). We've seem plenty of edged /bladed weapons with the LOTR PFs / maquettes. I'd like to see differint weapons that we haven't seen before on a PF. Bring on Uruk-Hai Pikesman and Crossbowman PFs, Sideshow.

I'm not quite sure what the difference between a mallet and a hammer is so I'll have to take your word for it. :dunno

So far I'm on board. Unlike usual, I will wait for full product pics before making further judgement. :lol Although I like the Moria Orc so I see no reason why I wouldn't like this one.

Agreed....that's very unFritz-like. :monkey3

I'm not quite sure what the difference between a mallet and a hammer is so I'll have to take your word for it. :dunno

No difference, really. :lol

WIth a mallet, I think of any item that can be used to bludgeon someone to death.

29fyvfb.jpg

We know that the orcs and Uruk Hai have primitive weapons compared to the Gondorians and Rohirrim.

With war hammer, I think of something more elaborate created by an armorer.

25hdf12.jpg

thats funny cause I get where your coming from as far as being technical on a warhammer, but i usually just look at it like if its a hammer and used during a time or war well...its a "war hammer"
When I think mallet, i think of some small tiny hammer that would be used to probably make something bigger. Regardless I personally love the idea of hammers as weapons.

Anyways if they throw in a helmeted head...its a done deal. I'll sell some kidneys or something. Bring on the armor!!!

I love these expanded sneak peeks. Karma used to do this all the time though I could never figure out how he was able to gain access to these expanded images....come to think of it, he used to post SS's preview pic's upwards of 5+ minutes before SS posted them on their own website. I miss those days....:monkey2

You just gotta have access to the banners as an affiliate is all. Its just merged banners is all. He would sneak peeks by messing with the numbers on the http is all.

Yep.

Though it makes me a little sad that Marvel has four PFs in queue yet to ship, and Star Wars has three PFs in queue yet to ship.

Meanwhile, us LOTR fans are always one and done, until the next one. :monkey2

You just gotta have access to the banners as an affiliate is all. Its just merged banners is all. He would sneak peeks by messing with the numbers on the http is all.

Well you learn something new everyday. Thanks Josh :wave

Anytime my friend. Anytime. I can try to do the banner thing from time to time. I have an affiliate account for my blog.

Anytime my friend. Anytime. I can try to do the banner thing from time to time. I have an affiliate account for my blog.

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try".....Yoda 1980 :lecture :lol

Re: Mordor Orc PF

I saw that too but c'mon...... it's an orc. They're allowed to have wonky eyes!

I think it looks great, and much, MUCH better than the sketches we saw. More armour, more Mordor looking and less Haradrim looking. PF collectors now have all the different types of orc..... a Goblin of Moria, and Uruk-Hai of Isengard, and an orc of Mordor.

I hadn't quite thought of it that way, but it's a good way to put it. :lecture

Anyone know if this particular orc had a live on-screen counterpart?

If by "live on-screen counterpart" you mean was this particular Orc in the movie the answer is no. He is a generic character not based on any particular Orc.

Looks good. I'm sure it will be a nice piece but it's nothing I'm going to get it. PFs for me are reserved for absolutely key characters.

I'll save my money for the RWOS pf.

I'll reserve judgment on this one (although I like it more than I expected to) until next week, but I certainly wish Sideshow would give us a preview of the RWOS PF AND, perhaps more importantly, its PRICE TAG! :impatient: If it's stratospheric (lifetime FlexPay :panic: ) Mr. Orc may go to the back of the class :lecture .

If by "live on-screen counterpart" you mean was this particular Orc in the movie the answer is no. He is a generic character not based on any particular Orc.

T hought this was the orc from return of the king the one that was in mordor it looks like the one that found frodo after he got stuc kbye the shelub.

This piece is actually very well done from what i see so far, hopefully my feelings remain the same with more shown :)

Thought this was the orc from return of the king the one that was in mordor it looks like the one that found frodo after he got stuc kbye the shelub.

No, the Black Orc is generic. You're referring to Shagrat [Captain of the Orcs of the Tower of Cirith Ungol].

LOTR_ReturnOfTheKing_3715.jpg

He, along with Gorbag [Captain of the Orcs of Minas Morgul] discovered Frodo after his encounter with Shelob.

LOTR_ReturnOfTheKing_3717.jpg

No, the Black Orc is generic. You're referring to Shagrat [Captain of the Orcs of the Tower of Cirith Ungol].

LOTR_ReturnOfTheKing_3715.jpg

He, along with Gorbag [Captain of the Orcs of Minas Morgul] discovered Frodo after his encounter with Shelob.

LOTR_ReturnOfTheKing_3717.jpg

Yes your right that is the one I meant the pics helped. Why wouldnt sideshow do one of them why make up a orc tha twasent even in the movie.:dunno

Yes your right that is the one I meant the pics helped. Why wouldnt sideshow do one of them why make up a orc tha twasent even in the movie.:dunno

Both the Berserker and Moria Orc are generic characters as well....and they are just as popular as any of the 'known' characters, which probably explains why SS had no reservations about producing another generic LOTR 'baddie'.

yeah, bring more orcs, damn they looks so awesome...one of my LOTR grails would be a Gothmog though.

Back