Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only long time comic book fan that's always had a strong dislike for Harley Quinn?

And I don't mean the stripper version from the movies and video games....I haven't been able to stand here since she was first introduced in BTAS. I'd come home from school every day, excited to see the new episodes, and there was this obnoxious clown lady with a horrible screechy voice and stupid jester outfit essentially ruining all of the Joker episodes.

I know she's a fan favorite and has been for decades, but I just never understood it. Still don't. Can't say the movie version is any better. She's like a kid from the special needs class that just snorted a whole bunch of speed. No thanks.

You're prob in the minority but I'm sure there are others who feel the same, otomofan. I think it was just that sorta Warner bros style of comedy that was popular, like animaniacs etc

Am I the only long time comic book fan that's always had a strong dislike for Harley Quinn?

And I don't mean the stripper version from the movies and video games....I haven't been able to stand here since she was first introduced in BTAS. I'd come home from school every day, excited to see the new episodes, and there was this obnoxious clown lady with a horrible screechy voice and stupid jester outfit essentially ruining all of the Joker episodes.

I know she's a fan favorite and has been for decades, but I just never understood it. Still don't. Can't say the movie version is any better. She's like a kid from the special needs class that just snorted a whole bunch of speed. No thanks.

No, I dislike her too. Not at first, when she was just a henchwoman in her early episodes, but later on as they developed her more and made her the Joker's "girlfriend" in an abusive relationship. I wasn't a fan of it, but I guess it was fine for a kids show. Once it made its way into the comics too, I hated it even more. Now Joker has another henchwoman in the comics...an Asian one, named Punchline. It won't be long before they're dating or something. :slap

I think her fandom has been overrated in the past few years.

She pretty much has always been a sidekick with a twist character

But TBH..she fits the role of this age of SJW smh as a standout, so maybe that’s why she has gained so much popularity

Yes funny...and 1/2 women. Man I thought the Ms. Marvel thread was bad...yikes

tumblr_p6bgfbk7f41uor5s8o4_500.gifv

Eh, I liked he design, but beyond that I didn't feel anything past that. Post-N52 she's pure cancer, but you've got to admit that her original design is pretty, pretty good...

ApprehensiveUnhealthyEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

I think her fandom has been overrated in the past few years.

She pretty much has always been a sidekick with a twist character

But TBH..she fits the role of this age of SJW smh as a standout, so maybe that?s why she has gained so much popularity

Post-N52 Harley just resonates with the slut crowd. It's why after the SKWAD came out, every other thot was cosplaying as a literal hooker-looking "clown". It's not the "clown" part that they liked, it was the slutty, trashy, whore look.

I think the appeal to a girl is that Harley can say, do and look any way she wants and still beat the crap out of ********* males... that's pretty much how she is portrayed in the latest comics...

This movie, unfortunately, was just badly written...

darthkostis preaching that Bronze Age Cape****

Truth be told, I was never one for "Ages". I just pick and choose what I like, really. But one thing that's true is that you can never really escape a sort of nostalgia for your first era. But the 70s-80s in general were great for comics and movies.

I think the appeal to a girl is that Harley can say, do and look any way she wants and still beat the crap out of ********* males... that's pretty much how she is portrayed in the latest comics...

The "appeal" is that she dresses like a whore, acts like a slut, does whatever murderous thing she wants, suffers no repercussions and is even loved for it. She's the very embodiment of the Instathot generation. These two panels say it all, really:

screen-shot-2017-01-11-at-121345-pmpng.png

Punisher says "grow up you dumb sluts":

fyhDsCz.jpg

Ha, yeah I was more referencing BAP with regards to a bronze age mindset. But yeah man, always enjoy your takes.

Ha, yeah I was more referencing BAP with regards to a bronze age mindset. But yeah man, always enjoy your takes.

Oh, I missed that; my bad.

lmao god damn !!! Sound like a ****ing sociopath.

Sociopath, Psycopath; don't know. The point is that NuHarley is as if someone took Deadpool, missed the point, went full-on Waypool then made her a slut and BAM; here's your all-new role model brah! Old Harley was the villain's accomplice; she was a villain. But these days she's pushed as a full-on heroine, despite being a literal murderer who's never paid for her crimes.

She's like, "He's probably gay. Yes, that explains his outfit."

Nah, she probably thought "great, now this ****er is gonna make me pretend I'm his dead daughter and call him daddy". Castle's reason for snapping is well known to the public in-universe.

Back