Big Chief Studios Rose Tyler Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 more months, then. Unbelievable.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Seriously??? March!!
Order placed on May27th 2016.

Clara was March of 2016.

When these eventually come out I really hope they send them without requesting postage.

Seriously??? March!!
Order placed on May27th 2016.

Clara was March of 2016.

When these eventually come out I really hope they send them without requesting postage.

Makes me realize that we'll never see the Penny Dreadful figures.

I think Bond took priority over Doctor Who which is why the wait for these figures is so bad now. I worry they won't get around to Doctors 2-7 at this rate. It's been how long since we saw their renders of the Pertwee sculpt? Still no sign of a preorder for it.

No. I can’t see Bond taking priority.
As a company they set up a production order, develop their designs and employ a manufacturer to produce their wares.
The only thing that I can think of, is the bills aren’t being paid.
During these past two years, BCS have become a reseller of Hot Toys and SS figures in the UK. Their somewhat inflated prices imply they are using this venture to generate cash .
When they first came on the scene, they read like they would be their own men (so to speak). It may not have priced to be such an immediate success as they would have liked. Their second figure, Amy, languished for ages before selling out (after being reduced). Being 50% of their original investment could not have been a very encouraging sign.

Anyway, I know mine amount to a tiny income, but I’m still happy to drop full payments in The hope that the company can develop and produce the product I know that they want to produce.

I think Bond took priority over Doctor Who which is why the wait for these figures is so bad now. I worry they won't get around to Doctors 2-7 at this rate. It's been how long since we saw their renders of the Pertwee sculpt? Still no sign of a preorder for it.

Then they need to just stop with the DW figures if they can't provide customers with them in a relatively timely manner. They're taking money for preorders and pushing those figures to the back burner for the Bond line. Quite frankly it's ********.

No. I can’t see Bond taking priority.
As a company they set up a production order, develop their designs and employ a manufacturer to produce their wares.
The only thing that I can think of, is the bills aren’t being paid.
During these past two years, BCS have become a reseller of Hot Toys and SS figures in the UK. Their somewhat inflated prices imply they are using this venture to generate cash .
When they first came on the scene, they read like they would be their own men (so to speak). It may not have priced to be such an immediate success as they would have liked. Their second figure, Amy, languished for ages before selling out (after being reduced). Being 50% of their original investment could not have been a very encouraging sign.

Anyway, I know mine amount to a tiny income, but I’m still happy to drop full payments in The hope that the company can develop and produce the product I know that they want to produce.

In the Bond thread someone posted a message from Big Chief saying the Bond figures would be out November or December. Clara and Rose both went up for preorder months before the Bond line was announced so it seems pretty obvious to me that Bond has jumped the queue.

Then they need to just stop with the DW figures if they can't provide customers with them in a relatively timely manner. They're taking money for preorders and pushing those figures to the back burner for the Bond line. Quite frankly it's ********.

It sucks but I would rather wait a year and a half for a Doctor Who figure than not get any Doctor who figures.

I want a Pertwee figure! After that, anything else would be a bonus.

If they ever do classic companions I'd like Leela and Ace.

As far as Doctor Who goes I just wish they'd concentrate on the Doctors until they've made them all. Modern companions are gone by the time Big Chief makes them, due to the massive turn around time, and as much as I'd love figures of the Brig, or Sarah-Jane, amongst others, I question how viable they would be, especially when the matching Doctor, if they had been made at all yet, would probably be sold out long before the relevant companion was even made.

The only real exception to this I think would be K-9, who would come in at a much lower price point, obviously, and who they could split the production run into two different paint decos - new looking classic series version, and old and weathered looking new series version (as seen in School Reunion). And let's face it, as long as the price wasn't ridiculous a lot of fans would buy both, especially as there was more than one K-9 anyway.

So just bring us that Pertwee, and no doubt Whittaker as well, and then bring us Troughton, Davison, Baker the second, and McCoy, and it's all good. Hell, I'd probably even buy a reissue of the First Doctor with a new David Bradley sculpt, if they wanted to go there (and if they included a switch out Richard Hurndall sculpt, I'd buy two!)...but honestly, still dreaming of that full Doctor lineup, and I'll be in for as long as there's still a chance of getting that one day, no matter how long it takes.

I think if they could just get Jack out, he would be a huge sale and bring in money. I am often asked when he will be available. From John Barrowman fans, so outside the general Doctor Who figures collectors.
And we already saw a figure of him, as opposite to the Pertwee sculpt. Although they also said the face needs some more work, so that could be the reason.

:exactly: This! I must have 2-7 in 1/6 scale. Worrying that the only announcements we seem to be getting on this line atm is that "(figure name) has been delayed" (again!). :gah: No updates on Pertwee or Captain Jack either. Really hoping they will get around to completing the classic Who line up.

I agree with everything exparrot says. But I would also buy a season 18 fourth Doctor... I would buy a season 17 four as well. :lol

And a Night of the Doctor McGann... and a TV movie McCoy.

I emailed Big Chief about release dates for their Doctor Who figures and they just got back to me. They said these dates should be pretty firm, there shouldn't be much slippage at this point.

Clara Oswald Series 7B

- end January 2018

Rose Tyler Series 4

The War Doctor The Day of the Doctor

- end February 2018

8th Doctor

- May 2018

They did apologize for the delay (which is nice since I didn't really complain about it in the email) and said they're looking forward to seeing the fruits of their labour as well.

If they follow a similar pattern as their earlier releases we should see the Thrid Doctor and probably Jack go up for preorder in the spring, I would guess. Who knows if that season 18 Fourth Doctor and K9 we saw earlier are actually being made or were just for display? K9 woukd be a good choice. He covers multiple Doctors and should be fairly cheap as well. I wouldn't expect a Jodie Whittaker figure before spring 2019 at the earliest but hopefully they're able to slip another classic Doctor in there somewhere. Davison should be a pretty good seller, I wouldnt be surprised if it was him.

They're making Ten in his space suit as well, so I'm just hoping that Pertwee is before him on the agenda, as I really want more classic Doctors on the shelf. I also heard that the season 18 Fourth Doctor was somebody's kitbash, and not a glimpse at a proposed new Fourth Doctor figure, however I'd buy it if they did make it. K-9, too.

So, yeah, probably Jack next (hopefully they've revised and improved the sculpt), then hopefully the Third Doctor (can't wait for this one), and then the Tenth Doctor space suit version. By then I imagine they'd have all the promotional material merchandising kits to work off for the initial Thirteenth Doctor figure, which I imagine they'll want to have up as soon as is practical. Maybe solicited by end of season 11, or more likely, in the lead up to next year's Christmas special...if there is one.

So far I'm happy with what we've got. I missed 4 but managed to kitbash one with their alternate sculpt and an outfit from Geewhiz. I'm also super looking forward to 8. I'm surprised that they're doing 8, in his movie outfit no less. 8 is probably one of my favorite doctors, so I'm not complaining, but I can see how people would want classic doctors like Pertwee before him.

I'm not too bothered with the companions. I could honestly take them or leave them. I just wish they would give Amy a second go with a better sculpt.

Oh, and please give us a better Tennant sculpt as well. The first release was great. The second is eh, don't like the hair. And the third is just plain creepy.

Back