Big Chief Studios Rose Tyler Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BCS is teasing this on Twitter as coming soon. Anyone still all in on this? I might actually have to pass as I've still got Nine AND Clara on PP until June.

I did want to get as much of the Who line as I could. But I'm not sure tbh whether I'll be pre-ordering this one...I'm just not keen on that head sculpt at all! :(

Their choice of Rose is weird and still confuses me. Of all the iterations of Rose, why choose one that is so un-iconic? Weird. I'm still not getting it. Mind has not changed.

^ Agreed, personally I'd much rather they went with her look from 'The Empty Child' - I really liked that Union Jack t-shirt. :lol

Either that or just gone for her Bad Wolf persona from Day of the Doctor - that would have been awesome!! :rock

The Union Jack look is far more interesting. I would have even liked the New Earth one which CO based a figure on.

BCS is teasing this on Twitter as coming soon. Anyone still all in on this? I might actually have to pass as I've still got Nine AND Clara on PP until June.

Not even a question. I've yet to pass on a single one of these as they have all been terrific!

For those of you that aren't crazy about the head sculpt, keep in mind that once BCS releases a Lily figure, we will automatically have a custom option. I also wouldn't be surprised if BCS give us some outfit options at some point as well.

I agree that a second outfit option is highly likely. And I hadn't thought of the Lily release: good call.
And I'm preordering as soon as it's up. I've managed to get a preorder on all Who releases since day one. Can't see that changing.

No, we've seen both an 8th Doctor and City of Death 4th Doctor shown off.

Fingers crossed they revisit Rose at some point and make a series 1/2 or Moment version. As it is the series 4 version doesn't interest me at all.

Fingers crossed they revisit Rose at some point and make a series 1/2 or Moment version. As it is the series 4 version doesn't interest me at all.

Eh, well I mean docs 1-7 as classic. Another 4 is ok, but we already have one of him

I would love that version! :)

So far BCS has been pretty good about addressing people's concerns (about the original Eccleston sculpt, or Amy's hair, or the production Baker head) and going back and reworking things or providing better alternatives. So I'll be very surprised if they don't do the same thing with Rose.

Although I imagine it's probably way too late to create a new outfit for her.

The worrying thing is there is no negative comments on their facebook post, there was one but it got deleted. Rose is my favourite companion and I would love to have her in my collection but I really can't see myself buying her unless they drastically improve her outfit. Her sculpt isn't that bad I suppose

13238888_912779648820392_3006458113337347544_n.jpg

Its a good sculpt. The figure looks fantastic. Aaaaaaaaaaand?

I have zero interest in it. None. Zilch.

I am more interested in the bathrobe that comes with it.

Anyone willing to part with it for a cost?

:date:

I think the sculpt is there. The hair however is hurting the likeness, as even the source scene has her with highlights and depth to her hair color. It's also a bit more lively. The figure has very straight, single colored hair.

I still don't get why they'd choose the 'new teeth' series 4 version of Rose over a series 1 or 2 version, or even 'The Moment', but then Big Chief makes many choices that rather mystify me, so...

I still don't get why they'd choose the 'new teeth' series 4 version of Rose over a series 1 or 2 version, or even 'The Moment', but then Big Chief makes many choices that rather mystify me, so...

Hasn't Piper been against having figures of her in the past? This might be the version she would only approve, she's probably fond of what work she had done to her teeth

Doubt she's too fond of it seeing as how she had to have more work done to rectify matters, or at least so goes the scuttlebutt. Given that she looked like herself both before and again after series 4, there was certainly something funky going on at the time, as can be evidenced just from looking at the episodes in question.

Another of life's little mysteries, I guess.

That said, it may well be the only version available for licensing. Either way, she can't be too hung up about it all these days given that she's doing a signature edition.

Back