Big Chief Studios Rose Tyler Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will remind everyone of the code of conduct. And I don't think you can fault BCS for the likeness just because you don't like the actor.

Just because I don't like the actor? I have loved Billie Piper since I was a kid, I'm just stating my opinion on the figure. I really don't like sounding negative and love what Big Chief has done so far but I fear this will not sell will unless they improve it.

I think he was referring to the two guys who have dawg'd on the actress every time her name comes up for the past 8 years or more. :lol

And what two guys would that be, exactly? Because if I'm supposedly one of them I very much object to being tainted by such untruths.

Where have I ever said I didn't like Piper? First up, I didn't realise that commenting on things that are very much on topic as far as this particular figure goes, and that actually happened during the show, are now suddenly verboten. And, if I am supposedly one the the two, to paint me as someone that has been attacking her 'every time her name comes up for past eight years or more' is both insulting, and also blatantly untrue. And I very much resent the inference.

In fact I can't say I saw anyone really insult Piper in this thread, nor even be dismissive towards the Rose character. There was some talk about the way Rose looked during series 4, particularly her teeth, because this is directly based on the way she looked in series 4. And like it or not, it is established fact that she looked quite different, largely due to the whole new teeth thing. That isn't an insult, it's a truth. In fact many, including myself, have pointed out that the sculpt is actually quite accurate to how she looked during this series, and defended it on those grounds, it is just that she, herself, looked different, which can understandably throw people off. Again, not sure what is so insulting or controversial about that, especially when I also pointed out that I'd be buying it anyway, but there you go. Some have also stated that they'd prefer a different version of Rose from when she looked more like the way they best remembered the character, again I don't see anything particularly controversial or insulting in that.

Honestly, I'm quite taken aback and flummoxed by this whole thing.

Pre-order email with purchase link has been sent out, and page is up. Can't order yet, though (I think ordering opens in about 50 minutes).

If anyone didn't get the email, and needs the link, let me know and I'll pm it to you. :)

Edit - Not exactly a mad rush for this one, even with the signature edition, it seems. Oh well. Roll on the War Doctor and the Eighth Doctor. And Captain Jack. And hopefully, a new classic Doctor at some point in the not too distant future, as well.

The purchase button didn't work right away, but it did on 2nd or 3rd attempt. That's the signature edition sorted out. So I now have 3 BC Who figures on preorder !

Didn't have any issues, myself, and now it's three and a TARDIS for me. But I do like their payment plan options. Makes the bite of the cost on these far easier to bare, not having to outlay it all at once...even if it is ultimately only an illusory difference. Plus they always get delayed, too, so everything is always well and truly paid by the time they are ready to ship.

The new image of the smiling Tenth Doctor head sculpt makes for some real nightmare fuel, though. Hopefully he looks less deranged in hand. :lol

Just pre-ordered today. Paid in full. I like Clara, so seeing money drain from my account each month for her sake is no problem. I had to put the money down for Rose all at once and tear the band-aid off :p

I think Rose is probably the most three-dimensional of the Who companions, writing-wise, but at the same time I have no deep affection for the character. Still, if you have an Eccleston and a Tennant you have to have a Rose. I'm a completist! I don't dislike Rose, either, and she is very important in the show's mythology, so she is both an obvious choice to make and a must-buy.

I would have had zero buyer's remorse with a Union Jack Rose, though. But yeah, like people say ... It's probably out of BCS's hands.

I think the headsculpt looks great. I mean, it certainly looks like Rose in that episode.

The headsculpt pics got me back on board after finding the promo pics slightly off somehow. Clara? Spot on. Eccleston? Perfect. I couldn't work out why the Rose fig looked great in headshots but just slightly strange in full-body shots ... I think it's the hips, maybe? Most female figure bodies represent waifs. That's fine for Amy Pond, but a Billie Piper fig should not have tiny little hips. I feel funny saying any of this, because Billie Piper is not at all fat, she just doesn't have a little elf body. I have a feeling this won't be too hard to fix once the fig is in hand, and they always look better in hand anyway. A little bit of cotton wool down the trousers and a tiny bit under the shirt, and maybe a bit of paper wrapped around the arms under the jacket, and she might not look quite so undernourished.

My reservations above are much more about the era of Who not being my favourite, and female fig bodies defaulting to very specific and limited body types, rather than anything BCS have done. Like I say, I think the sculpt looks fantastic. It captures that particular Rose! When I stand her beside the next-to-be-released TARDIS and either Eccleston or Tennant, and create little scenes, I'm sure I'll be very happy. I'm glad we're getting companions!

With the modern companions nearly sorted one can only hope we are closer to seeing the other classic Doctors, a few Masters (and a Missy!), and some cybermen :p

And some classic companions! Sarah Jane and the Brig for starters, please. I know these are all dreams ... but I like to think that every pre-order I make supports BCS helps expand the future Who line. I'm still pinching myself that we have a Hartnell.

I personally think its horrendous. It very loosely resembles rose IMO.

On another note, I would like to buy the 10th doctor dressing gown incentive from someone if they dont want theirs and want to sell it at a reasonable price. Im in the UK.

rose-tyler-series-4-gallery-16.jpg

Dear customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Rose Tyler Series 7B 1:6 Scale Collector Figure.

Your hand-made collectable is in production and we wanted to update you on the arrival status of your item. The expected delivery date has unfortunately slipped several months past the date we originally advised.

Whilst every effort is made to meet the advised delivery date, delays can always occur. With the absence of Doctor Who from our screens in 2016 we experienced a downturn in interest for a number of Doctor Who related products and as such we have had to extend the pre-order period.

We do apologise for the delay, but we wanted to update you on the status of your item. The revised anticipated delivery date is September - October 2017.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Dear customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Rose Tyler Series 7B 1:6 Scale Collector Figure.

Your hand-made collectable is in production and we wanted to update you on the arrival status of your item. The expected delivery date has unfortunately slipped several months past the date we originally advised.

Whilst every effort is made to meet the advised delivery date, delays can always occur. With the absence of Doctor Who from our screens in 2016 we experienced a downturn in interest for a number of Doctor Who related products and as such we have had to extend the pre-order period.

We do apologise for the delay, but we wanted to update you on the status of your item. The revised anticipated delivery date is September - October 2017.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

They should just pull the plug on the companions. The reason Rose and Clara aren't selling well is because they are being released way too late. Like I said before, you should release companions with the Doctor they were most noted as being with. I'd buy an Amy figure now in a heartbeat but I think I'm in the minority.

Way i see it is rose looks nothing like rose and from what i can tell, clara got on a lot of peoples nerves by the end of her run. This is why they probably arent selling too well. Its nothing to do with a lack of who in 2016.

Maybe they will try something similar to the bond 3 packs depending on how well the set sells. Obviously, bond has a massive audience compared to who, but its an idea to try. Add a couple of incentives could probably help too

I just received my £10 coupon for Rise (and one for Clara).
Had these been sent a few days earlier I could have used them on the 8th Doctor ,

Now my hope is they announce Captain Scarlet: happy to use them on him.

I was really annoyed about that. I bought the 8th Doctor (pre-order); could have used the $10 on that too....

Meh.

March 2018 was the new date I'd seen last, supposedly from BCS Customer service.

Back