Big Chief Studios Rose Tyler Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the War Doctor is a great sculpt but quite a few people were upset with the cracking at the back of the head.

Yes, the War Doctor is a great sculpt but quite a few people were upset with the cracking at the back of the head.

Emphasis on “a few”. I know one or two guys had really bad cracking, but for most it was (thankfully) not a big issue.

Personally, I think the so called War Doctor came out really well. I had no issues with the final product at all.
This thread tho is about Rose.
Gotta say, as I sit here looking over at the Who shelves, Rose looks fine. Of course, you get close and you can’t not see how bad the hair piece is.
BCS still promote this figure with the prototype pics, which is not fair as they now know there is a world of difference between the two.
I must say tho, that the Rose sculpt is pretty much spot on.

I'm in the process of trying to customize my Rose head sculpt at the moment. And other than Amy with the original head sculpt, it is the single figure which I have been most dissatisfied with. Ripping that awfully sculpted and atrociously painted rubber hair piece off actually goes a remarkably long way, it's all just a matter of finding a suitable replacement that works and fitting it successfully. I tried a couple of things that didn't work, or at least not to my satisfaction, but now I think I might have found a recipe that will, though I'm currently waiting for supplies before I can finalise it and see if it really is going to be an acceptable fix (and if it works then I'll decide whether or not to get the head repainted).

Most other Big Chief figures that I had issues with were able to be sorted with a good repaint and/or the odd replacement part. Extra money I'd rather not have had to spend, but thanks to quality sculpts underneath the too-often poor paint I was ultimately very happy with the final results, and so it was worth it to me, and it is still cheaper than scratch building or buying customs. But getting Rose to a similar standard is much more of a challenge. :lol

Back