Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like you weren't around last time expansion packs were brought up. :lol

Um no guess not..? I try and avoid the onslaught's that go on over here and sometimes being a silent observer avoid's the unnecessary headache. I tend to agree people are very passionate when it comes to collecting and discussions there of though...

If they were just going to be 'variants' (although the Day of the Doctor exclusive was a genius idea) we could call them character option's only way more expensive!!!:rotfl And I wouldn't do cause BCS have had a bad rap and they always step up to the plate apologetically too and in defense of their brand when necessary. I really like them obviously as they have been nothing short of being very accommodating and helpful with me

Poor ole character, started off strong too. Although they may learn by redeeming themselves hopefully and bring back that 5" range without just slightly tweaking existing figures as a means of cost cutting... The Other Doctor Action Figure is certainly a step in the right direction, not to mention the ongoing classic releases.

Last edited:
Sadly, I rather suspect that, with Matt now officially out of the show, the expansion packs are more-or-less done. I hope that I am wrong, but I suspect not.

I think that they will suffer something of the fate of the Amy figure, in that Karen was already officially gone from the show by the time BCS managed to bring her fully to market. That absence must have hurt her sales figures. Likewise, sales of the e-packs would be hurt by Matt no longer being the serving doctor.

Plus I suspect that after having their hands burnt by the (what must, for them, have turned into a frankly) unpleasant experience of producing a non-Doctor figure, they would concentrate on at least three more Doctor figures before launching into any other types of variant. We know that there is definitely a #1 in the pipe, which is excellent news, so if a #9 and either a #2 or #3 got announced...well that would be a better 'next move' option than the packs.

Yeah you could very well be right pertaining to the expansion packs. Although as Matt will still be seen as the doctor till that transition of acceptance is made toward Capaldi these may still work for them. Considering a final 11th they originally announced.

Although I'm still banking on the 10th doctor due to the overwhelming popularity both sales wise and overall success in term's of the likeness BCS captured of Tennant. People seem to be raving about how accurate he is and how pleased they are with this figure. Well you gotta admit from tailoring to the sculpt he turned out pretty superb in my opinion. And the wait list creates demand if people aren't willing to give up their existing order's to fill those gap's. That and the 25 Day of the Dr exclusives too...

Last edited:
Sadly, I rather suspect that, with Matt now officially out of the show, the expansion packs are more-or-less done. I hope that I am wrong, but I suspect not.

I think that they will suffer something of the fate of the Amy figure, in that Karen was already officially gone from the show by the time BCS managed to bring her fully to market. That absence must have hurt her sales figures. Likewise, sales of the e-packs would be hurt by Matt no longer being the serving doctor.

Plus I suspect that after having their hands burnt by the (what must, for them, have turned into a frankly) unpleasant experience of producing a non-Doctor figure, they would concentrate on at least three more Doctor figures before launching into any other types of variant. We know that there is definitely a #1 in the pipe, which is excellent news, so if a #9 and either a #2 or #3 got announced...well that would be a better 'next move' option than the packs.

Is it wrong that I would really like an 8th Doctor?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah each doctor would be completely awesome trouble is who's next after Hartnell and Matt, if the 11th is still planned and in the pipeline...

Gotta feeling Capaldi will also be in the upcoming release schedule in the not too immediate future or there about's anyway

So maybe we should take a poll with regard to preference and popularity or better still maybe BCS should undertake this on their website once it's up and running properly and the issues are all ironed out..?

On another note SHIPPING email from DHL!!!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That's great news - Merry Christmas :clap

BCS "To allow fans and collectors who are unable to attend the event a chance to own this ultra-limited figure we are reserving 25 pieces for sale exclusively via our official website. Please note however, that this figure will not be sold in the usual way. We will be setting up a special sign-up page for customers to enter for a chance to have their name randomly drawn out. Those 25 lucky customers will then be contacted to make their payment and their figure will be shipped out to them in time for the holidays"

Is this going to happen? Only a week till Christmas :)

So it's been on "With delivery courier" since this morning. No delivery, so I call DHL to ask what with delivery courier means. I get transferred and nobody picks up. I waited for a good half hour.

I am surprised (and somewhat pleased) that the 9th Doctor is showing strong.

It does please me too but I must say, it doesn't really surprise me one iota. Christopher Ecclestone was a brilliant actor, on whose shoulders the show was relaunched. He had an easy charm and could handle both the more comedic elements as well as the dramatic with equal skill.

He was excellent and I think it's just a shame that we did not get to see more of him.

BCS "To allow fans and collectors who are unable to attend the event a chance to own this ultra-limited figure we are reserving 25 pieces for sale exclusively via our official website. Please note however, that this figure will not be sold in the usual way. We will be setting up a special sign-up page for customers to enter for a chance to have their name randomly drawn out. Those 25 lucky customers will then be contacted to make their payment and their figure will be shipped out to them in time for the holidays"

Is this going to happen? Only a week till Christmas :)

I suspect what with the 'ahead full' approach they are adopting to get the 4's and 10's out, that this will probably slip into the new year.

So it's been on "With delivery courier" since this morning. No delivery, so I call DHL to ask what with delivery courier means. I get transferred and nobody picks up. I waited for a good half hour.

Mine was listed as 'with delivery courier' this morning too... and, just before 4pm, both Doctors arrived! Phew. Tennant looks fantastic... Mr Baker's figure will have to wait 'til Xmas morning for a closer inspection (lol, secret agent Tom; I got #007!).

Good luck with your delivery!

Mine was listed as 'with delivery courier' this morning too... and, just before 4pm, both Doctors arrived! Phew. Tennant looks fantastic... Mr Baker's figure will have to wait 'til Xmas morning for a closer inspection (lol, secret agent Tom; I got #007!).

Good luck with your delivery!

"My name's Doctor...The Doctor, fancy a jelly baby hhmmmmmm?" :wink1:

Knowing my luck, and as I wont be completing on him until early New Year, I'll get #301 out of 300! :slap

Back