Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well nothing again today. Those of you in the States who have gotten him already, what region to you live in?

Would be nice if I had some way of knowing if it had even shipped or not....

I guess the question is... would those who got this one buy the blue suit Doctor, too? Would you want a different expression this time? Different accessories? And what might those be?

I want all of the Doctors first before we start booking factory time on variants. At this rate, I'll be lucky to have 1 of each Doctor by the 100th Anniversary. I'll be 91. :horror

Yeah, when 10 was first announced, they said (IF demand warranted) they would produce a non-50th version. But, no one knows what the difference will be. It could be a packaging swap. Though I think it'll be more than that.

I guess the question is... would those who got this one buy the blue suit Doctor, too? Would you want a different expression this time? Different accessories? And what might those be?

I might be up for it. A new expression would be necessary for starters for me to consider it though.

Just received my 10 CE #116/1000 here in Australia. :yess:

I like that they double boxed the figure. I only had a quick look, but I like what I see. Very happy to have gotten this figure of my favorite Doctor.

I might be up for it. A new expression would be necessary for starters for me to consider it though.

And let's not forget those red chuck's that were spoiler-ed quite awhile back when...

So I would say that another 'Ten'nant, just going by popularity of this last release should give the blue suited version a def green light unless they scrap that idea like the expansion packs seem to have taken a mysterious back seat with nothing mentioned since those elusive proto's...

I know and let's not forget these too :clap

Oh, I've not forgotten those! It's just been a REALLY long time now since we saw those, and BCS seem to go out of their way to ignore questions about it. I'm starting to wonder if it'll happen. I would think the Fez hat would happen. That's still pretty iconic. The Stetson, possibly, too. But the green coat and ESPECIALLY the Ganger Doc seem pretty unlikely at this point since their moment has kind of passed?

Must resist. I don't need another Tennant...I don't need another Tennant...

(Okay I do)

Not likely that I would say no to that either... A different head sculpt to keep the exclusivity of the last edition to further create the need to own one would certainly be an incentive to buy if not encouragement. Not that I be needing too much in order to be convinced here.

Last edited:
Kind of disappointed we never got those outfits. I bought 3 of Smith so I could have more outfits on display at once and then it kind of disappeared.

Oh, I've not forgotten those! It's just been a REALLY long time now since we saw those, and BCS seem to go out of their way to ignore questions about it. I'm starting to wonder if it'll happen. I would think the Fez hat would happen. That's still pretty iconic. The Stetson, possibly, too. But the green coat and ESPECIALLY the Ganger Doc seem pretty unlikely at this point since their moment has kind of passed?

Yeah but possible interchangeable heads would never go astray just to be that annoying completest perhaps..?

Kind of disappointed we never got those outfits. I bought 3 of Smith so I could have more outfits on display at once and then it kind of disappeared.

Well with Capaldi about to step in, the year for 2014 with Big Chief is certainly left wide open and these may sadly never see the light of day...:gah:

I think there's a demand for David's dr for those that were unfortunate to miss out this time around... As for the expansion pack's I really liked the idea of the two little cybermat's found at the base. Would have been nice to have anyway

It'll be interesting to see what they might have in the cards for the expansions, if anything. Maybe they are just being silent until closer to release to avoid agitated customers. I was definitely going to buy the green coat/stetson look back in the day and get another 11 just to display him that way. Not so sure if I would now, or not.

I think the Expansion Packs are definitely the way to go and would be a great stream of revenue for BCS in between figure releases and the most logical. Nobody is going to want to pay $200 for another variant figure in a different outfit/accessories. John Pertwee had like 3 or 4 main outfits, ditto Tom Baker. I'd love for them to offer a Seeds of Doom expansion pack with the tweed coat, and maybe the the season 18 coat and scarf. But variant figures will be a show stopper for this line with all of the time to wait between pre-order and delivery when there are other important figures to get to. Just offer the Expansion Packs at an affordable price and they will sell. Better to add-on to an existing figure for multiple display options than offer a whole new expensive figure that will take another year at least to get.

As much as I like the idea of accessory packs, I think they are too limiting for BCS. The only people who can buy them are those who have the figure and then only a certain percentage of those will buy them.

I believe the expansion pack's would be beneficial as exclusive releases through BCS to keep the money coming in (agreed as above) and the popularity of buying off of them a buzz which is definitely unique to their brand. A great idea and well thought of for collectors in this high end range

Last edited:
I'd only buy full variant figures if they have a very different outfit, like the blue suit for Tennant or Smith's series 7 outfit. If it's mostly the same with a different jacket or something similar, expansion packs is the way to go.

Hope this doesn't lead to a whole lot of pages with arguing again.

I'd only buy full variant figures if they have a very different outfit, like the blue suit for Tennant or Smith's series 7 outfit. If it's mostly the same with a different jacket or something similar, expansion packs is the way to go.

Hope this doesn't lead to a whole lot of pages with arguing again.

Seem's silly to argue over this but tis' the silly season... I would be up for purchasing further variants however different sculpt's to set them apart from previous version's to justify expenditure as well as costumes and accessories. Yes please BCS

Back