Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen accuracy, always. This stuff is based on what was seen on screen, be it film or tv, and that is what is burned into our collective mindsets. Who cares what it looked like on set? You're selling fantasy here, not reality.

If you were basing things solely upon how they looked under raw lighting and on the set, most things would look a hell of a lot cheaper, far more cobbled together, and full of obvious imperfections. Plus, half of it would fall apart as soon as you touched it... :lol

Especially classic era stuff. :lol

1) As long as you used the correct order number you should have no problems.
2) BCS will send out shipping invoices sometime in the next 7-ish days to those who have paid in full.

BCS has been attending the Doctor Who Celebration so they weren't going to be answering emails until today - and I suspect they have a lot of emails to get through, so be patient. ;)

I didn't know about the email part, makes sense though. Thanks for the fast response!

Well so BC responded to my email about being unable to login to their site ... with boilerplate instructions to log in to their site.

It's a first step I guess. Wrote them again, hoping they read the email more closely this time.

I can't remember having to work so hard to get someone to take a lot of money from me.

Was there an option to pay in full up front for this or 4 ?
I thought you could only pay the deposit.

Was there an option to pay in full up front for this or 4 ?
I thought you could only pay the deposit.

Both had the option to pay in full and indeed with every installment there was an option to pay the installment amount or pay the balance.

I paid in full for Tom. For Tennant and did monthly payments but the choice to pay the balance in full was there every month.

Oh. I missed that. I thought that was introduced with the Sherlock figures.
Anyway, my deposits are paid and my payments are with my dad, so just waiting for him to get a bill to pay the balance.

Both had the option to pay in full and indeed with every installment there was an option to pay the installment amount or pay the balance.

I paid in full for Tom. For Tennant and did monthly payments but the choice to pay the balance in full was there every month.

But you can't pay in full now?

Screen accuracy, always. This stuff is based on what was seen on screen, be it film or tv, and that is what is burned into our collective mindsets. Who cares what it looked like on set? You're selling fantasy here, not reality.

If you were basing things solely upon how they looked under raw lighting and on the set, most things would look a hell of a lot cheaper, far more cobbled together, and full of obvious imperfections. Plus, half of it would fall apart as soon as you touched it... :lol

Then i'm guessing you bashed sideshow boba and hot toys luke, as well as The pending vader for not having a red tinge across everything, Right?

Why not just go for prop accuracy when it comes to colors, and then use creative lighting to create the scene specific effect you're looking for.

So when I DO get the invoice to pay in full, and I do, will I still be able to get it before the holidays.? I live in the US if that matters at all

And as long as your local postal system doesn't get clogged up by the Christmas rush, of course. But normally you should get it before.

Then i'm guessing you bashed sideshow boba and hot toys luke, as well as The pending vader for not having a red tinge across everything, Right?

Why not just go for prop accuracy when it comes to colors, and then use creative lighting to create the scene specific effect you're looking for.

One, I don't 'bash' anything, I have my own opinions, to which I am fully entitled to express.

Two, next time you decide to try to talk down to me, put words in my mouth, or try to devalue my opinions by painting me as some kind or arbitrary 'hater', don't.

Last edited:
Back