Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I just realized that 4 has his own thread. I guess that stuff should go there. Oops.

Anyway, here's an in-hand pic of 10. Looks good to me!

I think his head looks fine, so far.

Another pic of 10, and a pic of the new Amy head! I might have to get an Amy once I recover from the recent money I've been spending.

1456486_10202333684564896_298016190_n.jpg

I thought the bases were supposed to have lightup Gallifrey symbols on them. Did they change that or is it just mirrored for the Day of the Doctor version?

Honestly, I'm hoping the next figure after the First is either the War Doctor or the Ninth.

Honestly, I'm hoping the next figure after the First is either the War Doctor or the Ninth.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the Ninth. Would be great to complete the New Series Doctors (because I'm sure they'll do a Capaldi soon) and there's very little Eccleston merchandise about so I'm sure it would sell. They could also do a run of Tenth Doctor regeneration figures using the outfit and the 10 headsculpt.

I think the 9th Doctor would be a good choice, for sure. War Doctor is tough. I want it, but do I want it more than all the other Classic Doctors we have to get still?

I think the 9th Doctor would be a good choice, for sure. War Doctor is tough. I want it, but do I want it more than all the other Classic Doctors we have to get still?

Isn't the War Doctor's outfit, or at least his jacket, a variant of Eccleston's? If so, there's another possible economy of scale there...

Looks like the coat is still the incorrect burgundy color of the original prototype, instead of the more wine color they showed in later pics. I guess that was nothing more than a photoshop tweak. That's disappointing.

From BCS's FB page on this very subject...

(emphasis mine...)

Big Chief Studios Limited: Throughout his tenure as the Doctor Tom Baker wore numerous outfits. This version of the 4th Doctor is based on his costume from series 13. We have been fortunate enough to have access to parts of the original costume, including his jacket, which I might add is a perfect representation in 1:6 scale for both colour and fabric. We did not follow a fan-made cosplay outfit, that claimed to be accurate. We strive for accuracy and follow reference closely to achieve the most realistic results. When you have the best reference at your disposal you can take measurements to ensure the closest match. We work on facts, not conjecture or opinion. This is what we do and the result speaks for itself.
Thanks
The BIG Chief Team

So that should answer just how right or wrong it is.

Was there an actual dispute over this? :) It's clearly an obvious and definite bluish brown.

Or it could be a brownish blue.

See? Easy!

(rushes off to check his blu/brownray disc to be sure)

That's just it. On screen it looked blue, but the actual coat was brown. So this poses an interesting question:

What is more important? Screen accuracy or prop accuracy?

Sideshow's production team clearly falls on the side of "prop" accuracy. So do I. :D

9343255697_f63f553464_b.jpg

TLC_bp_hothprobe_hanref.jpg

THE ACTUAL COSTUME:

solo-jacket3.jpg

So, i finally gathered the cash but i have two problems.

1) I made the payment with another paypal account that is currently inactive, can i pay with my new one? I have the order number and all that and the order is visible in bc's website.

2) How will I know how much the shipping is?

I sent BC an email about both these things but they haven't answered yet (it's been 2 or 3 days) so i figured i'd ask here, since most of you have already paid for your figures.

So, i finally gathered the cash but i have two problems.

1) I made the payment with another paypal account that is currently inactive, can i pay with my new one? I have the order number and all that and the order is visible in bc's website.

2) How will I know how much the shipping is?

I sent BC an email about both these things but they haven't answered yet (it's been 2 or 3 days) so i figured i'd ask here, since most of you have already paid for your figures.

1) As long as you used the correct order number you should have no problems.
2) BCS will send out shipping invoices sometime in the next 7-ish days to those who have paid in full.

BCS has been attending the Doctor Who Celebration so they weren't going to be answering emails until today - and I suspect they have a lot of emails to get through, so be patient. ;)

Screen accuracy, always. This stuff is based on what was seen on screen, be it film or tv, and that is what is burned into our collective mindsets. Who cares what it looked like on set? You're selling fantasy here, not reality.

If you were basing things solely upon how they looked under raw lighting and on the set, most things would look a hell of a lot cheaper, far more cobbled together, and full of obvious imperfections. Plus, half of it would fall apart as soon as you touched it... :lol

Back