Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hartnell head looks superb!

Softie posted pics of Four at gallifreybase. He looks great!

Well, technically it was Cyber. ;)

And he does look good! Can't wait to get this guy in-hand!

Last edited:
Attended the weekends event and went and saw BC's store and saw the Tom Baker Doctor on display, which sadly I have already paid for. Gota say I wasn't impressed. IMO there's something damn weird thats gone on between the prototype head and the final, finished item. The face looks far less like Tom now and the paint job is quite poor. His lips have been painted far too dark for a start.

The scarf is still this faded pastel looking affair that was never that colour in the show and all in all I thought it was very poor. I had been impressed by the prototype images, but this??

Not as bad as Amy, but still not good enough imo.

The Tennent looked superb though. Wish I'd bought him instead now. :(

There's some photos over on Gallifrey Base, screencaps from a video someone took. Not the best quality, but the Hartnell head looks good as does the painted head of Ten. There's also a lot of photos of the 4th Doctor. Best news is that the paint job on 4 looks great.

where abouts over there? im new at g-base and dunno where to look.. :p

Here are Cyber's pics of the 4th Doctor, in case people aren't members of the GB forum. They are screencaps from a video review. I would say I do think the final scarf coloring is disappointing, but other than that I'm pleased by what I see so far. Looking forward to some pics going up! I'm excited the scarf has a wire in it for posing!

2w6c3rb.jpg

sbmz9v.jpg

2usxsnn.jpg

w7hnns.jpg

15mmd15.jpg

dcau51.jpg

The one I saw in the case looked quite distorted. Much less like the prototype imo.

thks jon! :)

i wish they would be a lil less aggressive on the 5'oclock shadows, in some lighting my 11 looks like he has a jack sparrow stache/beard goin on. :p

Image attached. Not the best but its something.

The 10's seemed to sell pretty quickly on their stall, I had a moment when I nearly pulled the trigger, but I don't really collect anything other than batman so decided against it, they look great in person, as does the Fourth!

Thanks Racer. Looks like another Trev G head.

As I've said I've seen it in the flesh and it's not all that good imo. But they said they're shipping them out starting the 2nd of December, so well all see soon enough.

Indeed, and I believe what you're saying. Just trying to throw out alternatives to why the video screens look that way, considering this was supposed to be the production sample:

1374804_10152670538371002_206074911_n.jpg

Yeah, I'll have to see better pics or have it hand to really judge. The video screens give you the flavor of it, but obviously they are lacking in resolution. :)

Indeed, and I believe what you're saying. Just trying to throw out alternatives to why the video screens look that way, considering this was supposed to be the production sample:

1374804_10152670538371002_206074911_n.jpg

The thing in the case looked very little like that imo. Very poor paint job and as somebodys said on another forum the face looks more 'pinched' and so a wee bit more elongated.

Hell looking at that image again, even the scarfs a different colour/texture now.

What BCS does to the head sculpts is weird. It's like they chisel the head and they put it in the mold and it comes out without detail. Where's Tom's crows feet? When you scrub away detail you scrub sway the appearance of age. Is the 1st Doctor going to look like he's 40??? He should look like an old man.

Last edited:
Looks like the coat is still the incorrect burgundy color of the original prototype, instead of the more wine color they showed in later pics. I guess that was nothing more than a photoshop tweak. That's disappointing.

Looks like the coat is still the incorrect burgundy color of the original prototype, instead of the more wine color they showed in later pics. I guess that was nothing more than a photoshop tweak. That's disappointing.

The guy who took the pics said the color in his pics is way off and that the coat is more purple and is no where near the same color as the safari jacket in hand.

In hand it is much darker. For some reason under strong light it looks red, but in natural light it looks much more burgundy. I wouldn't say it was a deep wine purple, but its not red like the Safari jacket from season 12.

In fact looking at the pics I've taken here and the figure next to me, it could be different coats! That's how much the lighting alters it.

The best comparison I can make is that it's almost the same colour as the coat on the 5" Season 18 figure.

He says it looks burgundy, and not wine purple. That's the problem. Considering the colors on everything else in the pic look fine, I don't buy that it looks darker, but I guess we'll see.

Back