BATFLECK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what we've seen so far, this looks like the best batsuit we've ever seen on film. I must admit I would like the ears to be a little bit longer. Not crazy Bisley length, maybe just an inch longer.

Batman-Robin-George-Clooney-Hero-Batman-Sonar-Ice-Cowl-2.jpg

is interesting to see that he got paid 10 million for Batman and robin :lol

he got paid only $250,000 for Dusk Till Dawn before that. :lol Poor George Also the other actor they wanted if Clooney said no was David Duchovny

Arnold got paid 25 Million which is more than $1 million per minute of screentime. :rotfl

Also he gave 5 warnings to Ben Affleck about being Batman:

1. The Costume Could Kill ... Someone
The actor also found it almost impossible to move around in the bulky costume, let alone act. "If Batman had to wear the suit that you have to wear, everyone would die," Clooney said. "You're laying on a board like this and you can't move and they just prop you up and you're like, 'I'm Batman'."

2.If the Movie Is Bad, You'll Get the Blame

Clooney admitted "Batman & Robin" was a big break for him. At the time, he was still best known for his role on the TV drama "ER" – but when the movie did a nose dive at the box office, a lot of people felt he was responsible. "Batman is still the biggest break I ever had and it completely changed my career, even if it was weak and I was weak in it," Clooney said. "It was a difficult film to be good in. I don’t know what I could have done differently. But if I am going to be Batman in the film 'Batman & Robin,' I can't say it didn’t work and then not take some of the blame for that."

3. Batman Can Suck the Life From Your Career
Clooney might want to point out to Affleck that playing Batman was the moment where he learned he needed to be choosier about his projects. "At that point I realized I'd better start picking better," Clooney said. "My next three movies were 'Out Of Sight,' 'Three Kings,' and 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?' It was, 'OK, at last I understand now what I want to do."

4. Superhero Movies Are Stupid and Wasteful
According to Clooney, while he was shooting his first directorial project, "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," he and his crew liberated a camera crane from the set of "The Adventures of Pluto Nash," the $100 million Eddie Murphy flop that was being shot on a nearby sound stage. "Confessions" cost a relatively thrifty $29 million, and Clooney says that seeing the wasteful spending on "Batman & Robin" taught him a lesson. As Clooney told the New York Times, "I've been in those 'Pluto Nash' kind of movies – 'Batman and Robin' cost $160 million — and you know they're a waste of money."

5. Big, Bad Movies Never Go Away
Clooney told one reporter that he occasionally has nightmares about "Batman & Robin," and despite his many accomplishments, he knows there are still people who think of him as the guy in the really lousy "Batman" movie. And don't think he's forgotten. As Clooney himself put it, "With hindsight, it's easy to look back at this and go, 'Woah, that was really s---, and I was really bad in it!"

Is this the definitive Batfleck thread? :)

I really like the suit. Not Miller per say, maybe the chest logo. Looks more like a mix Gary Frank and Bermejo Bats. Cool Cowl, Cape, and Gauntlets too. Would like to see how they have done the eyes this time.

As much as I would want him to wear it, its good the speedos are not there (looks like).

Interesting Batman and Robin Fact:

George Clooney’s rubber foam Batsuit weighed 90 pounds, and it was so difficult to get on and off,
Clooney reportedly urinated inside of the suit on at least one occasion.

Is this the definitive Batfleck thread? :)

I really like the suit. Not Miller per say, maybe the chest logo. Looks more like a mix Gary Frank and Bermejo Bats. Cool Cowl, Cape, and Gauntlets too. Would like to see how they have done the eyes this time.

As much as I would want him to wear it, its good the speedos are not there (looks like).

I think we really REALLY need CGI white eyes for our Batman here. Seeing as they seem to have perfectly captured the comic suit on screen, to not have his white eyes would be a crime. Plus it's more intimidating with white eyes.

George Clooney’s rubber foam Batsuit weighed 90 pounds, and it was so difficult to get on and off,

Ew.

That's probably just a story they made up to sell the thing at auction. "Hey, we know you don't want this ****ty Batman suit, but how would you like the rare opportunity to own a part of Clooney, himself? Eh? Huh? Yeah, I know you do.":lol

When actors say how it took N hours to get their costume on you know this is a common occurrence.

Even if they don't actually pee in the suit perspiration is 2-5% urine. Those costumes are probably really nasty by the time filming wraps.

That's probably just a story they made up to sell the thing at auction. "Hey, we know you don't want this ****ty Batman suit, but how would you like the rare opportunity to own a part of Clooney, himself? Eh? Huh? Yeah, I know you do.":lol

I don't know. I have a hard time believing that Clooney would be okay with this if it didn't happen. Who wants to be known for peeing on the bat suit :lol If anything he wouldn't want any more bad press from that movie, (probably try to sue for defamation) :rotfl

I don't know. I have a hard time believing that Clooney would be okay with this if it didn't happen. Who wants to be known for peeing on the bat suit :lol If anything he wouldn't want any more bad press from that movie, (probably try to sue for defamation) :rotfl

I dunno, peeing in *that* Batsuit might make him something of a hero. People would say "at least he had the decency to do what we all wished we could."

I have to admit, the more I look at this picture, the more it's growing on me (especially, as I said before, the colour edits). I'm still not sure about how thick he seems around the midriff, but - looking at this statue Toylion posted, it seems like they may definitely be going for the proportions of the older, slightly less lean Batman. Perhaps he's past his prime, or perhaps they just think the bulk is intimidating? I guess we'll just have to see.

As for this:
I rather have an unmovable head, than a tactical bobble head batman.
...really? I'm surprised to hear that people would ever really have problems with that element of the Nolan Batman look; I honestly thought that was one of the best ideas they introduced to the series suit-wise, and I liked the fact that they actually wrote it into the script rather than just going "hey, he's magically got a new suit now, because why not?" like they do in most other superhero sequels.

The all-in-one unmoveable cowl just seems a little outdated nowadays - it often looks bulky, rubbery and silly and gives the impression of a fat neck/head (having seen The Dark Knight, it always takes me a second to adjust to how odd and chunky Christian Bale looks in the Begins suit). That said, they seem to have given this Batman vs Superman one a slightly more defined shape to it, so perhaps that won't be a problem. But still in the 21st Century, does it not seem a little odd to have a Batman who can't turn to look at something without awkwardly rotating his entire upper body?

Neck and head one piece (doesn't betray the classic Batman silhouette where the cape/cowl is conjoined with the torso) > big old bobble headed biker helmet

I love the '89/Returns/Begins style cowl, movement be damned. It makes him look more beastly than, you know, a dude in a rubber tech suit. If they figured out how to give Nite Owl a one piece mask without sacrificing movement in Watchmen, I'm sure they can do it with this Batman. I loved how they implemented the "mask behind neck" look with Nite Owl. I could see Affleck Batman in the cave looking at his bat computer with his mask peeled back.

easteregg9-11-7a.jpg

Batman-Bruce-Wayne-Unmasked.jpg

original.jpg

Always loved that look as a kid.

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool, think Owl could do that because despite the stiff collar he had just spandex or something on the neck, no reason to think Batman couldn't do that, better than the armoring up of Batman, don't wanna see that unless it's JP behind the cowl. :lol

The costume is pretty good, the problem is that it's Affleck underneath. I'm not sure if he's trying to look bloated or muscle bound, but his arms don't seem to be hanging naturally. He's got to be stumbling over himself trying to sell this with his small bag of acting tricks.

The costume is pretty good, the problem is that it's Affleck underneath. I'm not sure if he's trying to look bloated or muscle bound, but his arms don't seem to be hanging naturally. He's got to be stumbling over himself trying to sell this with his small bag of acting tricks.

tumblr_n58xgkKH4m1qfr7nno2_250.gif

Don't hate on me because I'm new but I really do love the new costume. The musculature seems to belong to the man underneath the cowl (though it's obviously a construct of the costume) alongside Bat's generally more bulkier look and the fabric creasing screams out DKR to me. Plus the little scratches on the logo really sell the battle-tested feel that I want from this batman:
attachment.php

I know it's early days what with the movie coming out in 2016 but I really wanna make a custom t-shirt here (I'm too fat to rock cosplay :() out of it! Maybe that's also down to the fact that I don't really have a problem with Afleck's acting chops, I mean Daredevil had much bigger problems than his portrayal and after seeing his directorial offerings it gives me hope that someone on set can help mitigate some of Snyder's excesses.

Don't hate on me because I'm new but I really do love the new costume. The musculature seems to belong to the man underneath the cowl (though it's obviously a construct of the costume) alongside Bat's generally more bulkier look and the fabric creasing screams out DKR to me. Plus the little scratches on the logo really sell the battle-tested feel that I want from this batman:

I know it's early days what with the movie coming out in 2016 but I really wanna make a custom t-shirt here (I'm too fat to rock cosplay :() out of it! Maybe that's also down to the fact that I don't really have a problem with Afleck's acting chops, I mean Daredevil had much bigger problems than his portrayal and after seeing his directorial offerings it gives me hope that someone on set can help mitigate some of Snyder's excesses.

is there a reason you can't have an avatar? do you need to have a certain amount of posts or something?

Back