BATFLECK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ghred_trheed_zps8a8c250d.gif

Every time I look at this, I have a different opinion. Sometimes I think "meeeeh", others I'm more "ooo, broody."

Things I'm not sure about:
1) I'm sorry to say it, but... the ears. I know, I know, I'm one of the *them*. Sorry. Just concerned it might look a bit Adam Westy, but we'll see.
2) The 'muscles'. I feel like that overt bulking around the stomach area kind of has the counterintuitive effect of making him look a little bit portly around the middle, but that may just be me.
3) I'm also not 100% that I like the big emblem, but I appreciate that they probably felt they needed to go with a look that hadn't been on film yet.

Of course, the photo is black and white, so we also don't know for sure what the colours are going to be like. I saw this edit on Facebook (seemingly by a guy on the Toy HQ page called Alan Milne) and - despite my prior feelings that film suits would always be best in black, or very, very dark grey (a la Lego Movie), seeing this suit with a more classic comic book colour palette does help things pop in my opinion. Especially the belt. There was another edit which kept things a bit greyer and didn't add the gold, but I think this one works best:

BatfleckColour.jpg

i like the look of batman. cowl is very 'jim lee-hush' stylized and the bat symbol very miller both of which im cool with.

the car remains to be seen, after the millitary vehicle he drove for nolan i was hoping for a real batmobile this time. jury is out on that one.

I lean toward the Neal Adams symbol and horns....

But I'll be damned. This is possibly the coolest movie batsuit yet. And if I can say that knowing that Affleck's wearing it....it must be good.

Well played, Snyder. Well played...

A fiber Batsuit at long last and people are looking at the ears? We're getting an interpretation based on the the classic suit instead of rubber or hard panels.

I think some people have gotten too used to stuff like Simon Bisley:
UXHxfSn.jpg

I really don't know where the "long ears" people come from. Even TAS Batman's ears weren't that long.

I really don't know where the "long ears" people come from. Even TAS Batman's ears weren't that long.

Neither do I and realistically, they don't work for a stealthy and ninja-esque character like Batman. He'll whack his head on anything he tries to crouch under cause they add 6+ inches to the top of his head.

The short ones are the way to go.

Back