AvP:R Wolf Predator full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow....the detail is amazing!!
Hot Toys is really creating some of the finest action figures ever!!

Indeed, if only they were more affordable, or I only liked one or 2 properties, I'd have all the Pred and Alien figures, but they're so expensive I have to be choosy. P1 and Wolf will be my first Predator figures.

Thats weird you think that, I just said over in the hybrid thread that I think there's something of Raiden in the Predalien design-
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=639110#post639110

I just read the comment you made about Raiden in the other thread. The clear dome is reminiscent of Raiden in a way, though I didn't really think of him specifically until you mentioned it. I don't think it's really all that strange that Brother Stendec happened to think of Solid Snake, though, now that you mention it. Why, you may ask? You both are obviously Metal Gear freaks, maybe even as crazy about that series as I am, and we all know MGS 4 is on the way. So it may be a subconscious, subliminal thing, or it may just be that the Force works in mysterious ways, but MGS4 must be on our minds more these days, it's as simple as that. I don't think it's so unusual for thoughts of Raiden or Snake to somehow carry over into other areas of interest. But hey, it's just a theory! :D

I think it has a subtle look of some of Steve Wang's movie Guyver beasties too. And that demon dog thing from Hellboy the movie. Lots of similarities.
At least it is a bit different from the Pumpkinhead influences I see in the alien warriors.

I just read the comment you made about Raiden in the other thread. The clear dome is reminiscent of Raiden in a way, though I didn't really think of him specifically until you mentioned it. I don't think it's really all that strange that Brother Stendec happened to think of Solid Snake, though, now that you mention it. Why, you may ask? You both are obviously Metal Gear freaks, maybe even as crazy about that series as I am, and we all know MGS 4 is on the way. So it may be a subconscious, subliminal thing, or it may just be that the Force works in mysterious ways, but MGS4 must be on our minds more these days, it's as simple as that. I don't think it's so unusual for thoughts of Raiden or Snake to somehow carry over into other areas of interest. But hey, it's just a theory! :D

Well believe it or not I'm not actually a gamer, but I do have one of those 'visual' minds (I work as an illustrator) so I see links in all kinds of weird ****. I was reminded of the link more by the Raiden Medi figure.
And Les the creature you mean was Samael and I thought that straight away, as when Hellboy came out I thought that Samael ( https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=hellboy_poly&item=8906 and https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=hellboy_fantasy&item=8909 ) was a lot like the Predators in some ways, most noticebly the serpent like dreads.

Wolf is certainly impressive and a must-have!

And I just love how HT understates the poseability of their creations... 22 points of articulation? :rotfl
I think even McF states their figures ahve more points of articulation than that!
But seriously, HT bodies have more than the regular 30+ points.

Now I can see where you made your connection with Raiden!:lol The new MGS4 Raiden does have a similar-looking faceplate. And I understand exactly what you mean about linking images, I used to work in illustration too years ago. I think part of that goes with the territory, the rest is hopefully just a sign of a healthy imagination!

Yup, it's a great new body, I wonder how many people might get extra Wolf's to convert other Predators. I don't know about AVP, but P2 regular predator might look cool with this body and a matchign repaint. Hopefully they use this, or another unique designed body on the P1 figure, it woudl sure suit it. I wish these were out now, I really want this one so I can have my first Predator.

Consider it ordered!!!!! I havent seen the movie and I dont care if it suck major balls, I am all over these!

Looks really nice... I like how this predator has a more lived-in feel than the AVP versions. They were too bulky and generic for my tastes... this guy looks like a badass who's been around the block a few times!

i like it, i also like it.for the fact you only have to put that netting costume over his upper body and not his legs. but simply alsome.

Oh Man! I love this thing!!! Each pic makes it harder to decide between with or without helmet. The articulated whip and the battle damage? Awesome! I can't wait for Toys Square to have this available. I might get two!!

What's the pricepoint on these Jamal since you've PO'd it, unless you are speaking hypothetically....

Congratulations! You committed to buy the following item:

NEW HOT TOYS Aliens vs Predator Requiem AVP-R 14"figure
Sale price: US $135.00
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: US $135.00
Postage & Handling: Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service: US $36.55 for first item, US $20.10 for each additional item.

there ya go son! nothing hyperthetical about it! ohhhhhh yeaaaaaahhh
these guys are mad reliable i got my Predator 2 and Elder through em. Awesome price for me considering i live in australia

Found that listing as well. I wonder if this is accurate:

"RELEASE DATE: at least the end of DEC-2007 (This is the official release date of HOT TOYS. Item may has chance to delay due to their professionalism to guarantee the quality. We would update our buyers once get any news from supplier. All the buyers if have any questions, pls email us as well for more details of release date)"

Do you think HT would aim these for a Q4 release?!?! :google:

Back