Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realized the folding table I've been trying to get rid of for the last year might actually be a good temporary display solution for this. It's a metal construction, 34" W x 34" D x 28" H, supposedly can hold 100 lbs. evenly distributed. There's a thin vinyl coating and some stuffing on the top, but I doubt the puffiness would be a factor under this kind of mass.

Target.com - 34" x 34" Folding Table Black

Not bad for $40. I might put a Besta or something of equal height under the middle just to help bolster it. Maybe add a table cloth to make it less unsightly. :D The idea is to assemble the statue on something other than the floor so I can inspect the parts and get a good idea of how it will actually look in my space before dropping another few hundred on a custom pedestal.

The alternatives would've been assembling it on my island or putting two Bestas back to back.

Last edited:
Realized the folding table I've been trying to get rid of for the last year might actually be a good temporary display solution for this. It's a metal construction, 34" W x 34" D x 28" H, supposedly can hold 100 lbs. evenly distributed. There's a thin vinyl coating and some stuffing on the top, but I doubt the puffiness would be a factor under this kind of mass.

Target.com - 34" x 34" Folding Table Black

Not bad for $40. I might put a Besta or something of equal height under the middle just to help bolster it. Maybe add a table cloth to make it less unsightly. :D The idea is to assemble the statue on something other than the floor so I can inspect the parts and get a good idea of how it will actually look in my space before dropping another few hundred on a custom pedestal.

The alternatives would've been assembling it on my island or putting two Bestas back to back.

Gotta be honest bud - no way in hell would I trust that to hold this fella up!

A nudge on one of those legs and it's goodnight Seattle! (and you WOULD need therapy afterwards!)

Gotta be honest bud - no way in hell would I trust that to hold this fella up!

A nudge on one of those legs and it's goodnight Seattle! (and you WOULD need therapy afterwards!)

Disappointed Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

Hrmm, good point. The weight rating checks out, but the individually folding legs are suspect.

How about these?

220 lb capacity:
Target.com - Flash Furniture 2.85-Foot Square Granite White Plastic Folding Table

330 lb capacity:
Target.com - Emma and Oliver 2.81-Foot Square Granite White Plastic Folding Table - Card Table/Game Table

Both options have their legs paired and welded to a bar that runs across the side.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm - I wouldn't - with the weight of this fella the opportunity for someone to stub/bang their toe/foot against the lowest point of those legs, and the resulting leverage . . . :dunno

It could work - I just don't know if it's worth the risk. Personally, I can't help thinking that you'd be better of with something that didn't look like a diet version of Thunderbird 2 in "release pod" mode.

If you were looking for a purely temporary solution, I'd knock something up out of 2x3 or 3x3 timber, cross-braced at top & bottom. You can always re-use the timber for something else afterwards. OR, if you have heavy duty packing cartons, storage boxes or rubbermade containers - those would work.

Good luck whatever you decide to go with.

I believe we've discussed Pedestal Source on here, but has anyone bought from shopPOPdisplays? I got a quote from both manufacturers for a 28" x 32" x 26" H laminate pedestal, the latter came out a bit cheaper with a faster turnaround time.

Shane told me just over a week ago that he expected another batch in about two weeks. So, one week left?
Welp, guess we're here.

I believe we've discussed Pedestal Source on here, but has anyone bought from shopPOPdisplays? I got a quote from both manufacturers for a 28" x 32" x 26" H laminate pedestal, the latter came out a bit cheaper with a faster turnaround time.

Welp, guess we're here.
What were the quotes, if you don't mind sharing?

Took the weekend to build a base and display to appropriately show off this ridiculous piece. It is the center (literally) of my display now. I’m really happy with this offering. Getting a couple pieces of wood and some sod to fill around webbing on the base but the concept is done.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 0
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    578.4 KB · Views: 0
  • imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 0
Took the weekend to build a base and display to appropriately show off this ridiculous piece. It is the center (literally) of my display now. I’m really happy with this offering. Getting a couple pieces of wood and some sod to fill around webbing on the base but the concept is done.
Looking sweet! Love the scene you chose to pause in that first pic, it's got a great "job well done" energy to punctuate the completion of your display. :lol

For a display base, IKEA Lack x 4 plus 75 cm desk plate and foam tab worked for me. I'm thinking of ordering a custom-made display for this but went for that option instead. Now I'm on to the giant acrylic or glass case for this big boy. Such a massive piece of art.
Glad I went for a Regular version though. After a month and I still have no desire to switch out the masked portrait. I also have HCG 1/1 SWS mask and SS 1/1 open mouth bust so this piece fitted them perfectly.
Gotta get that EX closed mouth bust too. Love that EX head.

Last edited:
For a display base, IKEA Lack x 4 plus 75 cm desk plate and foam tab worked for me. I'm thinking of ordering a custom-made display for this but went for that option instead. Now I'm on to the giant acrylic or glass case for this big boy. Such a massive piece of art.
Glad I went for a Regular version though. After a month and I still have no desire to switch out the masked portrait. I also have HCG 1/1 SWS mask and SS 1/1 open mouth bust so this piece fitted them perfectly.
Gotta get that EX closed mouth bust too. Love that EX head.
What do you mean by desk plate and foam tab? Pic?

What do you mean by desk plate and foam tab? Pic?
I'm at work now lol. Foam tab and desk plate is like this:

============= << 75x75cm IKEA loose desk plate
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX << Foam tab
==TT=TT=TT=TT== << IKEA Lack x 4

Basically, it's like glass fish tank on a display. Foam tab is there to reinforcing the wood plate above and absorbing the weight. Easier to adjust also. Not the ideal display but it works really well for you won't worry it'll break and fall, like, ever.

Last edited:
Apparently boxes 1 and 2 were too heavy to deliver, so USPS kept them at the center without updating the tracking or notifying me. Only way I know this is because I drove over yesterday and asked about them. My car could only fit one box at a time, so they gave me the body box yesterday and I picked up the base box today.

Onto the assembly. Base is perfect, save for a tiny bubble in the resin near the right foot (but honestly, a bubble is probably the most acceptable issue a water effect could've had). Feet went in without a hitch. Then the torso. Then I just had to skip ahead (no pun intended) and plug one of the portraits in to make sure the head was level.

At that point I literally keeled over laughing in disbelief. This thing is absurdly cool. I was so sure I'd spend the first couple days -- or at least hours -- hating it because of its unnecessary size and heft. Yet even though it's by far the biggest, heaviest, most logistically stupid thing I've ever owned... I can't stop smiling when I look at it. It's so damn cool. Getting the bust six months early in no way softened the effect this has when it's (almost) put together.

Apparently boxes 1 and 2 were too heavy to deliver, so USPS kept them at the center without updating the tracking or notifying me. Only way I know this is because I drove over yesterday and asked about them. My car could only fit one box at a time, so they gave me the body box yesterday and I picked up the base box today.

Onto the assembly. Base is perfect, save for a tiny bubble in the resin near the right foot (but honestly, a bubble is probably the most acceptable issue a water effect could've had). Feet went in without a hitch. Then the torso. Then I just had to skip ahead (no pun intended) and plug one of the portraits in to make sure the head was level.

At that point I literally keeled over laughing in disbelief. This thing is absurdly cool. I was so sure I'd spend the first couple days -- or at least hours -- hating it because of its unnecessary size and heft. Yet even though it's by far the biggest, heaviest, most logistically stupid thing I've ever owned... I can't stop smiling when I look at it. It's so damn cool. Getting the bust six months early in no way softened the effect this has when it's (almost) put together.

Great to hear it's all going well. Fingers crossed for the rest of the exercise (literally from the sound of it!) :)

Pics coming later, but some personal thoughts:

- I think the statue can pull off the no-backpack look better than the bust. Unfortunately, the backpack from the statue (which has better clearance with the other portraits) doesn't seem to fit on the bust. Makes me wonder how the other busts work.

- All portraits look great on the bust, but -- this was unexpected -- for the full statue I prefer the roaring mouth, followed by the closed mouth. I thought the semi-open would be my favorite, but the streamlined look of the roaring mandibles feels more elegant? I can now see why SWS reposed the mandibles that way on their lobby statue, they were designing for a static display piece rather than an animatronic. Maybe that same logic applies here?

- Helmets turned out great, unsure how often I'll use them though. I appreciate how big and chunky the Gort helmet looks on the statue, gives it a fun man-in-a-suit vibe.

- Bloody spine is indeed too loud of an accessory for my taste, maybe I'd think different if the colors were darker and more of the beige bone shown through like on the proto.

- Most of the plants look really cheap. I was surprised to find that the larger palm fronds come in different styles and colors, but they're distractingly bright IMO, at least when I have the statue on the floor. Maybe once I get the pedestal in, I'll try them again. For now, I've just got the little wide-leaf succulent looking ones by his left foot. They're dark enough and have a bit of a gradient which helps with realism. The rest of the base is a work of art.

- Having seen all the display options in person, I think I would've been fine with the standard after all.
biggrin.gif
The only thing that really feels essential in the DX or DXS is the pair of accurate closed fists. I could probably sell the bits and bobs I'm uninterested in to recoup the costs.

- A positive note to end on: it's easy to nitpick the little imperfections and blemishes on the individual components, but man, when the whole thing is assembled it absolutely sings. I might touch up a few spots here and there, add a bit more gloss where it seems to be missing, but I'm in no way losing sleep over it -- and I have in the past, it's been well-documented with other statues!
laugh.gif

Some quick phone pics, I'll probably break out the DSLR when my pedestal arrives and he's at a better height. Phenomenal piece . . .

Nice pics bud - thanks for sharing.

I'm still not a fan (other than the set-up Col shared), but it's great that you folks are finally getting these in-hand.

Fingers remain crossed that I get that "Sengoku" Pred at some point :)

Back