AVP-R 1:1 Bio helm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm sounds cool man, ive never ordered directly from Sideshow before so its good to hear feedback from a fellow aussie!, when you order do you just place an order for a few figures at a time for the combined shipping? or you pre order something and order things later on and you still get it combined? does it show up on the invoice as combined shipping also or does it have to be altered by a Sideshow employee?

Sorry about the inquisition lol

Sideshow still has some Wolf bios up for sale on "Second Chance" offer... I wish I could buy one outright, but decided to give the wait list a shot for the FlexPay offer... don't know if I'll ever get one that way, but I've had a lot of WL reservations convert lately, so who knows? Sure would look great hangin' on the wall in my workroom! :monkey5

Absolutely, after eyeballing it more closely I decided to go for it, too. If I do manage to get one I might just set it up right on top of my desk.

I'm tempted too, especially with the FlexPay deal, but I gotta be careful. If I can unload some stuff this summer then maybe I can afford to pick one up later on. Btw, is yours shipping from the states?

It gets combined by a Sideshow staff member (usually Lottie) when several orders are shipping around the same time. Usually within 2-3 weeks of each other. But generally I only order Star War exclusives & Hot Toys from them as they are the cheapest with shipping fees compared to the likes of Toys2 (which are a great online store too) etc. Plus the customer service is good too.

Plus the sideshow reward scheme is great imo...

I'm with you Mudshark re the Fexpay option for the Bio, I just can't afford it at the moment unfortunately... Some times you just have to let out... The Plasma canon would be awesome though!

If im gonna get the Cannon it will be from Darkshadow, considering i got everything from there and Adam would probably give me an evern better deal then

I do the same as you, mainly just the 1/6 Star Wars exclusives. Lottie has combined a few orders for me when I had them shipped to Japan, and I think it was cheaper that way, but the postage still ends up costing nearly as much as the figures. And whenever they toss in a calendar, or better yet, a catalog, the postage is even more than the figures!!! Fortunately, I have a shipping address in the states where most of my Sideshow stuff goes. If the WL converts for the bio, it will definitely go there, not here! :lol

I guess the shipping charges to Australia must be about the same, or are they worse?:monkey4

They arent too bad man, its better than paying the bull**** cost that guys pass off as retail here.

You staying in Japan perm or visiting? America is home?

Japanese retail is basically for ****, too. Sellers milk the crap out things by taking too big a cut, but that's the way it has been here ever since I arrived. Buying from the states is a hell of a lot cheaper in the long run than buying here, but sometimes I just can't wait a whole year and have to cough up the $. That's what happened with the P2 Elder... I just had to have me one of those NOW! So it looks like I'll have two when Sideshow finally ships the other.

Basically the good ol' US of A is home, tho I've been living here nearly 1/2 my life already. Didn't really plan to, it just sort of worked out that way. I have a place back in the states and hope to move back there one of these days, but I'll have to find some kind of work first. No way can I leave my present job now. That would spell disaster and the end of collecting all these great figures! :monkey2

Last edited:
Damn bro your in between a rock and hard place, what do you do for work in Japan?

straying off topic abit im sorry lol

If ya don't mind my asking, what is it going to cost you after shipping and all?
I saw them advertised for pre-order here a week or two ago, and I think the price was about the same... ridiculous, but I know they'll sell 'em, no problem.

Well ive ordered the 3 Alien Dioramas and the Wolf 1:1 Bio and Adam has quoted me around 150-200 to combine ship them, and he gave me 60 dollars off the total to help the shipping cost

A Hot Toys Predator from the US costs around 45US

$45 is about average what a $50-$60 Sideshow 12" Star Wars figure costs me over here. I can use that money for other things, so I've ordered my last, any others will go to the states. I bring my HT Preds, Aliens and other smaller figures back with me on the return trip every summer, minus their boxes.

Btw, the shipping from Hong Kong to Japan is almost the same as it costs to ship to the states... I wonder what's up with that. Hong Kong is only like 3 f'n hours away from here by plane! Doesn't make any sense, but not much I can do about it. It would cost more to fly to Hong Kong and pick it up in person.

Where is Adam located? I've never ordered from him before... maybe I ought give them a try.

Back