CoolProps Akihito Ikeda "Kagero" PREDATOR 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be pushing 3K here locally. I seriously doubt anyone here is hardcore enough to even buy a predator 1 head at half this price point.
This industry needs to wake up to itself. :cuckoo:

I just cant get into the design, looks like a Predator queen or cross dresser Pred. Doesn't seem to fit into the Predator realm. Between the look and price im betting these will be around for sale for awhile or they will do a very small run. Im amazed that people don't like the Giger or dog head or the Giger statue but they like this. I think the Giger head and statue are the best (most accurate) made to date. This is like a bad Predator marries Stegosaurus offspring.

steg.jpg

I just cant get into the design, looks like a Predator queen or cross dresser Pred. Doesn't seem to fit into the Predator realm. Between the look and price im betting these will be around for sale for awhile or they will do a very small run. Im amazed that people don't like the Giger or dog head or the Giger statue but they like this. I think the Giger head and statue are the best (most accurate) made to date. This is like a bad Predator marries Stegosaurus offspring.
it's a perfect gay predaturd, you don't understand the feature.

I mean Australia. I'd be shocked if one of these is purchased locally. But maybe I'm cheap :lol

Nah - you ain't cheap - I understand completely. Exchange rates and shipping costs are a beeatch these days - especially on TOP of the higher USD cost of the items themselves.

I will be waiting a LONG time before I order this - may even wait until in-hand photos are out.

I've been really looking forward to ordering this bust but the price for getting it in the UK has really annoyed me. £2,100 on Collectibles Direct and because I'm in Northern Ireland it's an additional £150 postage.. If it was by Prime 1 I would 100% order now because I know their track record on quality, but looking at the other Predator busts from CoolProps I'm just not convinced yet.

I know they state that Ikeda will be overseeing the paint application but I wonder if that's just a Unique Selling Point or if he will be super fussy about it.

It's so frustrating because I'm worried that if it turns out amazingly well there will be a price boom on the second hand market.

I missed out on the Blade 2 Reaper bust and now it's stupid money.

Decisions, decisions...

This really pisses me off. So much Alien/Pred stuff now and I can't afford it!

Yeah - it's a bit of a bugger (to quote Robbie Coltrane)

BUT - if this turns out OK quality wise via in-hand pics OR if CoolProps start to consistently deliver the goods over the next year (OR if it looks like it's going to sell out! :horror ) . . . then it's a guaranteed purchase from me regardless of the price + shipping!

Waiting is always wise, I only ordered the Prime 1 jungle hunter as I needed to use the flex payments. It is kind of reasurring to see Coolprops have at least attempted to ensure a certain standard by sending the guy who created the bust to inspect them all. Maybe they look a bit better in person..

Waiting is always wise, I only ordered the Prime 1 jungle hunter as I needed to use the flex payments. It is kind of reasurring to see Coolprops have at least attempted to ensure a certain standard by sending the guy who created the bust to inspect them all. Maybe they look a bit better in person..

I suspect the inspection/correction was more down to Aki than Coolprops. He seems like an honorable guy. I'm not saying CoolProps are not honorable - but they are running a business and the people painting these are paid by the hour.

What ruins it for me is that overall "vomit yellow" colour /shading, along with the harsh (instead of subtle) paintwork on the crown and mouth.

Back