CoolProps Akihito Ikeda "Kagero" PREDATOR 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm bumping this even though there has been no further news on the release . . . because it's STILL the best looking piece CoolProps have dropped hints about :)

Aki DID release another couple of videos though - with added "half-mask" . . .

This thing is just AWESOME and (IMO) blows away all the other CoolProps stuff shared today.

Thanks to JD18_92 and Masa_yodamorph on Statue Forum for the heads up.

Akihito said he's done this as a 1:1 prototype for CoolProps - but no mention if Prime 1 are involved.

2017-12-01_Statue_Forum_from_JD18_92_-_ex-_Facebook.jpg

• Anything Sadshow has released in the last 3 years - not buying
  • XM's Narin Predator + Narin Alien - not buying
  • ALL the Coolprops Alien and Predator statues / heads / busts / cuddly-toys - not buying
  • PRIME1's "Big Game" Pred statue + Alien + "Cracked Tusk" Pred statue + Renegade Pred 1:1 bust - not buying
  • Hot Toys Renegade Pred - not buying

So - since I'm not interested in ANY of the recent (and not-so-recent) pieces that have been announced, thought I'd bump this as it's the ONE pred/alien piece hinted at over the last 24 months that I would likely end up buying.

. . . just wanted to remind myself that I AM still a fan of these franchises :lol

This one looks really good, but thats my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After seeing the huge disappointment that is the wolf predator bust , this thing looks absolutely amazing. I am not big on concept type pieces but I did love the samurai predator from hot toys and in a way this one kinda reminds me of that. Id actually think about picking this up as a centerpiece if they decided to make it up to these standards. Looks incredible but I wonder if they are even going to make it at this point?

Aki has only posted 1 new vid of this since the last ones I linked above . . . THIS from June 4th - https://www.instagram.com/p/BjngFHYnTfu/?taken-by=studio_aki

CoolProps are working on lots of stuff right now so maybe they are overstretched and so have given the movie-based stuff priority - especially with the new movie coming out in a couple of weeks :dunno

I'll give it a few more weeks and will ping Aki & CoolProps.

Still no news from CoolProps - but Aki uploaded another vid - https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwPj9pn_6j/?taken-by=studio_aki

IMO, this is STILL the best Predator piece to be shared by anyone in the last 3½ years (since CoolProps announced their 1:1 P2 bust).

There's NOTHING else that has even slightly tempted me to buy (Predator OR Alien related) - Sadshow just produce crap (in every way), Prime1 have only shown designs that are of ZERO interest to me, XM used Narin (usually superb) - but again - no interest from me, and CoolProps have been focusing on movie stuff that is "meh".

image.png

Thanks to "allosaur176" on the NEW thread about Aki's FEMALE companion piece . . .

Just found the update for THIS piece on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CoolProps/...ANGiF_xca2wWmVFipc40qo4SIG3waT1g&__tn__=EHH-R

"Every single piece is finished by the artist AKIHITO @studio_aki himself. The quality of the product will be proved with the hand signed certificate."

Japanese price is 186,900 JPY which gives us an approx. price of $1,650 USD /// $2,200 CAD /// £1,300 GPB.

Should be up for sale soon on Sideshow and BBTS.

This WILL be mine :yess:

CP01-0003_x01_05.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_14.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_19.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_02.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_39.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_40.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_41.jpg

CP01-0003_x01_42.jpg

47156248_1143372442497733_4910651094104801280_o.jpg

I don't like the female much, but this one does look quite good. Real nice that all of them will be produced by the actual artist. I have no idea how the logistics of that one will work (It'll take him forever unless he's just inspecting and touching up parts on the factory line) but it should endure a very high quality product which is something that Coolprops aren't currently famous for....

Really impressive. I just wish they weren't so aggressive with the shoulder cuts and amount of chest.

Back