Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers 2 (May 1st, 2015)

This is what I expected - solo IM films are done (for now) and RDJ is free to explore other projects while still maintaining a presence in the Marvel Universe in the Avengers movies. There was no way RDJ was going to keep making IM/Avengers movies back to back for the next six years. He has other artistic yearnings, as he's said in interviews. I like this solution. Plus, this frees up the year for other Marvel movies. I figured that's why the Iron Man 3 felt like such a wrap-up of the movies. Not because Iron Man was done, just his movie series.

:goodpost:

Yup. This was the best compromise between both parties I think.

I know it says that but I'm thinking they've got to want to get another Iron Man movie out between those. Avengers 2 is two years away and figure three is at least 2017. They're not going to go 4 years without an Iron Man film. I'd bet there is more negotiating going on.

Actually from what I've read so far it seems like this is very much the end of standalone IM films for a bit. Marvel Studios has their Phase Two and Phase Three plans and within Phase Three they are trying to push other characters in their own standalone films.

Although I'm sure that cameos aren't out of the question similar to The Incredible Hulk but they'll negotiated out of this contract.

I didn't get the feeling an Iron Man IV was ever considered to be a part of Phase III. If I was to guess Phase III would look something like this:

Ant Man - Nov. 2015
Dr. Strange - May 2016
Black Panther - July 2016
Thor 3 - May 2017
Cap 3 -December 2017
Avengers 3 - May 2018

Iron Man is being restructured as a Lethal Weapon style buddy cop franchise with Cheadle getting too old for this ****.

As someone said already Avengers was THE best IM movie to date!

Joss Whedon has been dropped details on the upcoming sequelto The Avengers for some time. From the inclusion of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the absence of Loki, they're starting to reveal more secrets than they ever did for the first movie. Whedon stopped by The Colbert Report this week and naturally the conversation turned to Earth's mightiest heroes. Stephen asked Joss how Iron Man could be apart of The Avengers 2 if (Spoilers for Iron Man 3) the arc reactor that powers the suit had been removed from his chest at the end of Iron Man 3.

"Well they just replace it, it's elsewhere." Whedon replied while gesturing toward a location we're certain it won't be in the film. "I can't give it all away but he's still got it." You can watch the full interview below, and we suggest you do.

Loki isn't in Avengers 2 because he dies in Thor 2: The Dark World sacrificing himself for his "family".

Actually, now that you mention it, Man of Steel does seem a little like Thor.

Thor = Superman

SHIELD = Superman Government

Thor captive = Superman captive

Hearing about the hammer from truckers = Hearing about Krypton tech from rough necks

Godlike Aliens = Godlike Aliens

Red cape = Red Cape

Dr. Pepper = Sears, Gillette, Capi Sun, Carl Jrs. Hardees, Nokia, 7-11

Jane = Lois

Black hole dimensions (via rainbow bridges) = Black Hole Krypton

Loki Army = Zod Army

Dr. Selvig = Dr. Hamilton

Destroyer = Namek

Agent Coulson = Colonel Hardy

Darcy = Reporter Jenny

I'm really stretching it, DiFabio took all the good ones. :lol

Last edited:

Loki isn't in Avengers 2 because he dies in Thor 2: The Dark World sacrificing himself for his "family".

I could see that as being a ruse to fool everyone and escaping Asgard. Plus we don't know if he actually got captured on purpose in the first Avengers movie just to be taken back, so he could get his hand on this beauty.

2348255-infinity_gauntlet_odins_vault_thor_image.jpg

Back