1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor isn’t that much taller than than Cap in real life or in the movies, though, so I don’t think he should be significantly taller than them.
Evans is 6ft and Hemsworth is 6’3”
View attachment 615917

tmp_1tMg7H_a918c937852421a8_MCDAVAG_EC012.jpg
Looking at photo #2, Chris Evans does look like he has a small head indeed.

Yeah they have definitely been making the more recent Iron Man figures too tall, so I guess it makes sense that they would make Cap taller also bk he should be as tall if not taller than Tony. But it should go without saying that Hot Toys should be making all their Thor figures significantly taller than both Cap and Iron Man, end of story.
Cap is taller than Tony for sure. But when he’s in the suit, IM is often pictured taller than Cap. But like so many details in the MCU, they change from scene to scene and movie to movie.

84D92521-2795-43C3-A19D-528EF462729E.jpeg

Thor isn’t that much taller than than Cap in real life or in the movies, though, so I don’t think he should be significantly taller than them.
Evans is 6ft and Hemsworth is 6’3”
View attachment 615917

tmp_1tMg7H_a918c937852421a8_MCDAVAG_EC012.jpg
Yeah but on a human 3 inches of height difference is significant. There is a reason for instance why college and pro scouts obsess over the height (and weight of course) of prospective athletes.

In the comics Thor is supposed to be like 6’6 or 6’7, of course I don’t expect the MCU to be beholden to those things exactly, but Thor should be represented as noticeably taller than Cap and Iron Man in the movies and he his. I’m just saying Hot Toys should also have Thor be clearly taller than Steve and Tony

Yeah but on a human 3 inches of height difference is significant. There is a reason for instance why college and pro scouts obsess over the height (and weight of course) of prospective athletes.

In the comics Thor is supposed to be like 6’6 or 6’7, of course I don’t expect the MCU to be beholden to those things exactly, but Thor should be represented as noticeably taller than Cap and Iron Man in the movies and he his. I’m just saying Hot Toys should also have Thor be clearly taller than Steve and Tony

Yeah I envision Thor to be taller/bigger to Cap and IM, since c'mon he's a Norse god after all 🤣

I guess it depends on your perspective. I’m 6’4” and my male best friends are both 6’0” but I don’t look like a giant standing next to them :lol

Sure, it matters with pro athletes b/c they’re being paid millions of dollars usually so every little bit matters. These are comicbook characters who have supernatural abilities and powers so I don’t think it matters as much other than being accurate to the movie itself. And in the movies, Thor doesn’t appear to be a towering giant over the rest of the Avengers, especially compared to Cap and suited up Tony. But at the end of the day, I don’t think anyone is really wrong. We’re all right in some way or another 😄
Yeah I envision Thor to be taller/bigger to Cap and IM, since c'mon he's a Norse god after all 🤣
Haha that’s fair. I do admit that Cap is shorter than Thor in both comics and movies, BUT I am biased in that Cap is my favorite, so I don’t want him being a pip-squeak next to anyone 😅 so even regardless of what is factually correct, it would be odd to me for display purposes to have have Cap be the little one of the trio

Last edited:
Hmmm, RDJ Iron Man being taller than Evans Cap doesn't sit right with me. It certainly doesn't track with the actor heights (Evans is taller) and the only way the Iron Man suit would add any significant height to RDJ is if it has large platform soles - which they don't.
Yeah but they had to scale Cap over 13 inches to top the IM Mark 85. So you wind up with this freakishly tall figure that dwarfs all the other avengers. The problem was HT making the new IMs so gigantic. Hell the BD mark 85 is 13.125, which would make Iron Man 6’5”, when RDJ is just over 5’8”

I mean look at Black Widow next to cap (not my pic). It’s ridiculous. He looks like a completely different scale.

670ED164-A9C2-4352-B132-08F55FF9F889.jpeg

True and it's all Hot Toy's fault for not picking a size and sticking to it. I would just rather have Iron Man and Cap in scale with eachother than worry about how small Black Widow looks. Because sure you can shorten Cap to not look ridiculous next to Widow but you can still do nothing about Iron Man so my attitude would be what's the point. Just let Widow be the one who looks out of scale.

Yeah the limbs in particular on Cap and the Mark 85 are ridiculous. Caps legs look like drinking straws, and Tony has orangutan arms. I know HT is trying to give them these idealized heroic proportions, but they begin to look inhuman.

Yeah but they had to scale Cap over 13 inches to top the IM Mark 85. So you wind up with this freakishly tall figure that dwarfs all the other avengers. The problem was HT making the new IMs so gigantic. Hell the BD mark 85 is 13.125, which would make Iron Man 6’5”, when RDJ is just over 5’8”

The MCU armours are meant to be 6'5". Stark isn't supposed to be 5'8", it's movie magic. They even had this extra bit with the bags to hide the fact that RDJ stepped onto a box so his height change out of the suit wasn't so drastic.

Check this bit out...looks at RDJ's hips when the suit comes on. They morph his waist and legs to be thin enough to fit inside the suit.

Last edited:
Well if Cap is supposed to be taller than Iron Man in the suit, and Iron Man is 6' 5". Then is cap like 6' 6"? Jeezus. Then you see shots like this of Nat and Cap together, and wonder, is Cap still 6' 6", and then Nat must be 6 feet tall? Or does Cap shrink next to Nat and grow next to Iron Man? I know it's movie magic, but whenever someone tries to put a definitive height on these characters, I have call BS. They simply go up and down scene to scene, depending on who's onscreen together. They're all standing on ramps etc. Kinda like how their powers strengthen or decrease based on the plot needs in any scene.

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 10.54.40 AM.png

Well if Cap is supposed to be taller than Iron Man in the suit, and Iron Man is 6' 5". Then is cap like 6' 6"? Jeezus.
He's not supposed to be taller. I think this is about as official as it's going to get, but then 'movie magic' plays fast and loose depending on the shot.

DAgGTGJXkAAjALk.jpg

Yeah for sure. It's hard to see someone like RDJ, who is clearly shorter than Cap and Thor in most shots, suddenly shoots up to 6' 5" when he puts the suit on. But like you said, movie magic. I still think HT bungled the scale though across the lineup. Spiderman and Black Widow look like children next to their giant Cap Endgame figure.

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 11.04.52 AM.png

sddefault.jpg

Yeah for sure. It's hard to see someone like RDJ, who is clearly shorter than Cap and Thor in most shots, suddenly shoots up to 6' 5" when he puts the suit on. But like you said, movie magic. I still think HT bungled the scale though across the lineup. Spiderman and Black Widow look like children next to their giant Cap Endgame figure.
Spiderman is basically a child at the beginning of the MCU :lol Isn't he first year or entering into High School in Civil War?

And maybe HT didn't make the big 3 too big, but instead, made everyone else too small and this whole argument should be in reverse?

giphy.gif

Back