Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! Despite some if the issues, I trust asmus to make things right. This was a complicated and ambitious release! Sadly, I had to cancel my order. I'm confident I could make this look outstanding with some futzing, but I just moved into a new apartment and my space is really limited for such a huge item. As a result, I left my store hanging with a big purchase.

If anyone still wants to grab one of these at a great price, there is one up on hobby galaxy right now. They have been sold out forever, so it's gotta be mine they just put up. Service and price are too notch! But canceling an item like this can really hit a small store so I want to try to help them out. Hopefully someone sees this that needed a good deal and bites.

Love what a lot of you have done with the set after futzing! And asmus, despite the issues, thanks for tackling such a complicated figure set! As long as you replace the broken parts and missing swords for people I'm sure this won't be too bad of a setback. I'm still excited as can be for future releases!

Some of the QC issues aside, it still does make for an impressive set on display. I definitely prefer ACI's Ringwraith, but it's a $105.00 US premium over Asmus' at BBTS. Think that would be the best combo, though. It's kind of tempting to not sell off my Morgul Lord, grab an Asmus steed and an ACI Ringwraith and have that as my LotR display.

My steed package also do not come with this extra sword. I will need to contact my seller as I bought from ebay. Again, Asmus need to improve quality control then before their next item release.

There is actually a reason for no sword.

At first, we intend to give the sword, it explain why all the box has the sword space.

Our thinking was honest. All the horse are mixed together, No difference in combo or singles purchase. Which means, if a dealer order 10 combo and 3 Ringwraiths and 4 horses. He will get 14 horses and 13 Ringwraith, Everything is the same, no difference in combo or single purchase. dealers can give to the buyers accordingly.

But before we shipped them out and requesting the dealers to pay the money, they raise the question ; Combo is $250 USD, Ringeraith is $130 USD, and Nazgul steed is $150 USD.
"If there is no difference in combo and singles, then I order 10 combo, and 3 Ringwraiths and 4 horses. I should get price for 13 combo and 1 horse."

And this becomes a huge problem for us... Well this is the inside story, I hope you understand our difficulty.

na1.jpg
na2.jpg
na3.jpg
na4.jpg
na5.jpg
na6.jpg
na7.jpg

Hi guys, just some close ups from the work I did on mine.
Bits of repaints, made the swords a bit more gritty using the movies as a reference.

For the time being I'm doing customizing him , and he's my favourite figure.
Gave him a display shelf for himself.
I hope I can eventually get the Nazgul Sword.

Great pics, Sankari -- glad to hear you're really happy with it.

At first, we intend to give the sword, it explain why all the box has the sword space.

Our thinking was honest. All the horse are mixed together, No difference in combo or singles purchase. Which means, if a dealer order 10 combo and 3 Ringwraiths and 4 horses. He will get 14 horses and 13 Ringwraith, Everything is the same, no difference in combo or single purchase. dealers can give to the buyers accordingly.

But before we shipped them out and requesting the dealers to pay the money, they raise the question ; Combo is $250 USD, Ringeraith is $130 USD, and Nazgul steed is $150 USD.
"If there is no difference in combo and singles, then I order 10 combo, and 3 Ringwraiths and 4 horses. I should get price for 13 combo and 1 horse."

And this becomes a huge problem for us... Well this is the inside story, I hope you understand our difficulty.

So that explains it. Still odd that you wanted to give the single horse a sword in the first place, but I realize this is a learning curve. Hope the problems are not causing too many internal headaches for you guys.

And THANK YOU for coming here and offering to make it right. That's absolutely a huge deal for your customers (like me) and don't let anyone tell you different.

Thanks for your insight!

Your best bet would be to offer the sword as a set exclusive and take it away from the single releases if you had to make a chocie, and make the combo pack a limited edition and have the Ringwraith and Steed be packaged together in a way that couldn't be split apart. Then the customer gets a price break as a reward for going all in, versus the people who only wanted a Ringwraith or perhaps wanted to get a steed so they could put another company's wraith on it. I think the price difference would have made sense, then.

As it is, you've essentially "punished" your customers who went all in and spent more money with you. I totally understand being in a bind, but if you're able to offer the set for $250, then probably the price should have been adjusted at least the retailer level and the set left as advertised.

I don't think this is a make or break issue, really. Especially if you'll provide the swords at no cost to customers who request it, just food for thought.

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight!

Your best bet would be to offer the sword as a set exclusive and take it away from the single releases if you had to make a chocie, and make the combo pack a limited edition and have the Ringwraith and Steed be packaged together in a way that couldn't be split apart. Then the customer gets a price break as a reward for going all in, versus the people who only wanted a Ringwraith or perhaps wanted to get a steed so they could put another company's wraith on it. I think the price difference would have made sense, then.

As it is, you've essentially punished your customers who went all in and spent more money with you. I totally understand being in a bind, but if you're able to offer the set for $250, then probably the price should have been adjusted at least the retailer level and the set left as advertised.

I agree. I think adding a bonus (exclusive) to the set that is not available any other way is what most companies do to encourage the purchase of the higher priced items.

I'm certain Asmus understands this now.

And its encouraging that once again they have come here and offered to make it right.

View attachment 160955

Hi guys, just some close ups from the work I did on mine.
Bits of repaints, made the swords a bit more gritty using the movies as a reference.

For the time being I'm doing customizing him , and he's my favourite figure.
Gave him a display shelf for himself.
I hope I can eventually get the Nazgul Sword.

The Nazgûl looks amazing here, great work customizing him!

I've always regarded this figure as the starting point in need of customization, since I hated that seam in the hood, so I don't have a problem seeing that it's indeed necessary. I still haven't pre-ordered him, but after seeing these pics I most likely will order today or in the next few days. :)

Is the nazgul weathered at all? More or less than the witchking was?

Its less than the Witch King , but I guess its a wise choise, not everyone likes weathering out of the box, most people will want something different, so I guess the wisest option is to give him clean so you can fuzz him to your liking. Like I did with mine.

The Nazgûl looks amazing here, great work customizing him!

I've always regarded this figure as the starting point in need of customization, since I hated that seam in the hood, so I don't have a problem seeing that it's indeed necessary. I still haven't pre-ordered him, but after seeing these pics I most likely will order today or in the next few days. :)

Thanks, yeah, the horse is a great combo, and for the price ( mine was a gift , but anyway) you can have fun with the set. I posted some of the feedback when I got him out of the box, but after doing some work, he's my favourite figure, and I´m extremely satisfied with Asmus' customer service. They were very honest and corteous about everything, and I felt respected as a customer.

I´m extremely satisfied with Asmus' customer service. They were very honest and corteous about everything, and I felt respected as a customer.

Great to know -- and that's something money can't buy.

Also, happy to hear the turnaround in your opinion of this set.

You can also look at it this way: if you enjoy customizing, for nearly the price of the ACI Nazgul, you basically get a horse thrown in for free with the Asmus set.

You can also look at it this way: if you enjoy customizing, for nearly the price of the ACI Nazgul, you basically get a horse thrown in for free with the Asmus set.

While I'm not getting the steed, that is exactly my rationale for getting the Asmus and not the ACI, yeah.

I can get the Asmus shipped for 138€ (~$153), while the ACI would cost me about 220€ (~$245). While the ACI looks better out of the box based on the pictures posted so far, for that price difference, I can easily get new fabric, even a new body, paint/weather/customize him to my exact liking, and still have money left. That makes it a no brainer for me in the end.

Edit: And with that, I finally placed my (pre-)order. :)

Last edited:
Edit: And with that, I finally placed my (pre-)order. :)

:clap

Waiting on BBTS. Love to see more pictures. Someone here has the ACI version coming as well so it will be really interesting to see the two side by side.

If you're going to make ths look like a true Nazgul, you don't see much armor other than feet and hands, and most of the fabric is just wet and hanging looking, so really either can look correct -- just depends on how much you want to spend.

I need to save money for the Mouth of Sauron who will also likely be on his steed.

Back